Antoine Griezmann

George_Costanza

Pique helped us to dodge a bullet for 1 season but then Bartomeu strike again

Go back to this thread when we are linked to signing him, more than 80% of the posters here wanted him and thought he was a good fit.

This was my reply to them and I was attacked by many. So Barto did what most Barca fans wanted!

Good luck having Messi and Griez in the same lineup. They occupy the same positions on the pitch and have similar movements. People who advocate this galactico signing don't understand basic football.

lionel-messi-heatmap.jpg

Antoine Griezmann
antoine-griezmann-final.jpg

Richard.H

I'd sell Messi though and Griezmann would work fine if we did that.

Come on mate, Griezmann just does not fit into this team. He's like a fake Gucci bag sold in Turkish market compared to the real thing bought in Florence (Messi). He is basically a Messi light, no team wants a worse version of a player they just had. He occupies the same spaces as Messi. His goal output and assist output is nowhere near his, even if he becomes the main man. His transfer is still one of the weirdest mind boggling things that this board has done.

serghei

Come on mate, Griezmann just does not fit into this team. He's like a fake Gucci bag sold in Turkish market compared to the real thing bought in Florence (Messi). He is basically a Messi light, no team wants a worse version of a player they just had. He occupies the same spaces as Messi. His goal output and assist output is nowhere near his, even if he becomes the main man. His transfer is still one of the weirdest mind boggling things that this board has done.

Griezmann and Messi together don't fit. So now that Messi is staying, Griezmann is of no use. I agree with this. If we, instead, allowed Messi to move like he wished, Griezmann would have better chances of fitting in.

It was a mistake signing him, no doubt.

mc_lovin

Griezmann and Messi together don't fit. So now that Messi is staying, Griezmann is of no use. I agree with this. If we, instead, allowed Messi to move like he wished, Griezmann would have better chances of fitting in.

He would still be a shit fit without Messi. Where do you put him? RW? 2nd striker? Both terrible options that go against our philosophy. I am mildly interested how things work out with him as a #10 this season, but still hope he leaves sooner rather than later.

khaled_a_d

Griezmann is SS, if we move Messi then we need to switch and build to proper 433 again. A gameplan that Griezmann is an ill fit in it.
And he isn't goid enough to play distorted 433 or 442 for him

malvolio

i say we forget all about how to integrate him as the guy is done. hardly reached worldclass level and came here at the end of his career.

we want to play him as a 10 for what? he never was a goal machine and it's not as if he would bring something special there. we would need goal scoring wingers and a pure striker in front of him.

do we really want to build our team around this guy that disappeared in every important game he played for us?

people that rave about his defensive contribution probably don't understand that this isn't atletico or the france national team coached by defensive deschamps. fair enough he was useful in those setups, otherwise an overinflated forward.

henias

Griezmann has been always in a 4231 or 442 DEFENSIVE setup. If we want to rebuild and retain our fluid play we'll have to go back to a better 433. His main asset is always tracking back and just simple linking up during counter attacks. In a possession play where we need immense ceeativity, dribbling, and explosiveness he does not fit at all. He just adds more to the sterile play and do more harm than good. You just cannot see this because your mind is warped around who runs more.

behindbrowneyes

He has scored 133 and assisted 50 goals in 257 games for a mainly defensive Atletico - side. These are not Cavani, Lewandowski or Suarez figures, but he still can be seen as a goalscorer. Not a fan of him either, especially if you think that he is on 20+M net. Let's make the best out of this situation and give him 2 months and see if he can find his scoring-boots. If not, put Coutinho behind Messi and play with real wingers like we should without this pathetic signing.

olivis

He has scored 133 and assisted 50 goals in 257 games for a mainly defensive Atletico - side. These are not Cavani, Lewandowski or Suarez figures, but he still can be seen as a goalscorer. Not a fan of him either, especially if you think that he is on 20+M net. Let's make the best out of this situation and give him 2 months and see if he can find his scoring-boots. If not, put Coutinho behind Messi and play with real wingers like we should without this pathetic signing.

Thing is, that defensive setup wasn't a hindernis for him, rather something that allowed him to flourish. He needs that open space. He's a good finished but only when running with the ball at his feet. He's not a striker that can do scoring from receiving the ball in the box.

Home of Barca Fans