Antoine Griezmann

jairzinho

And what has Messi shown. He was bad because he played RW to let Messi be in the middle. If he played as the CF and Dembele or Trincao on RW we would look even better. Messi and Busi are the odd ones in Koemans Barca. Without them we would play even faster.

Messi isn't going to be benched so he will play either ST like he did today or AM. Coutinho will be first choice at AM so Greizmann will be the odd man out. He looks lost out wide but that's not a surprise. There's no place for him tbh. Either he tries to adapt there or he gets benched.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not even just confidence anymore. Even in his "best" form I wouldn't want Griez out there anymore, just by the way of his style and totally confused role. We need someone who is comfortable and natural attacking the right flank, opposite to how Ansu can do it on the left. That gives us the spacing and structure that we've been sorely lacking for years. No version of Griezmann can achieve that.

FinBarcelonafan

Not even just confidence anymore. Even in his "best" form I wouldn't want Griez out there anymore, just by the way of his style and totally confused role. We need someone who is comfortable and natural attacking the right flank, opposite to how Ansu can do it on the left. That gives us the spacing and structure that we've been sorely lacking for years. No version of Griezmann can achieve that.

Trincao or Dembele will take his spot soon. Griez is adding not to table now other than his runs down..

Birdy

I will say this one more time:

Koeman must come to terms that either Griezman is going to play the AM role, or that he is going to sit on the bench.
There is no other outfield position he can play.
And since Coutinho is doing fine as AM lately, he should be on the bench

5ergio_Busquets

There is absolutely no place for him in the team. If the club is having financial problems why didn't they try to sell him or swap him for a real #9?
Maybe try him at RB if they like his defensive work, wouldn't be worse than Roberto.

jairzinho

There is absolutely no place for him in the team. If the club is having financial problems why didn't they try to sell him or swap him for a real #9?
Maybe try him at RB if they like his defensive work, wouldn't be worse than Roberto.

We should still try and cash in on him. Doesn't fit and looked frustrated like hell when he came off. Maybe Koeman should tell him he's not in his plans.

:benitez:

FinBarcelonafan

I think there was some talk about swap for Lautaro. In this situation.. it probably isn't fair value wise but need wise? We should do it. Also helps our payroll.

gregorrin10

While I feel like this new stronger and quicker Coutinho can give us something, Griezmann is the one burden we can't (and shouldn't) have. He's not a CAM, RW nor a ST. I've said this before we bought him, he won't fit in anywhere. His perfect position is in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, he doesn't fit into 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. He's a burden, especially as long as Messi is here, and even after, I feel like we could do so much better in terms of our main man up front, should really be looking towards the likes of Haaland or Mbappe next summer, and offer up Griezmann in a swap deal to cover the cost, since I have no doubt we can't afford either of those two with just cash.

ronniecro

I will say this one more time:

Koeman must come to terms that either Griezman is going to play the AM role, or that he is going to sit on the bench.
There is no other outfield position he can play.
And since Coutinho is doing fine as AM lately, he should be on the bench

yeah i'd like to see coach who will perma bench 120m club project for new era. no chance

Home of Barca Fans