Antoine Griezmann

Nothanks

the number of millions one makes, matters less when it's not your money

to him it matters, and i'm sure it's not an easy decision

xXKonan

[tw]998689628164186113[/tw]

Xavi Campos saying that there's some danger that the operation could not happen.

bodi16

Plenty of players have taken less money to play for us. Even Paulinho took a pay cut to join. If he doesn't join I don't think it will be about the money.

Furthermore I do wonder how Atleti can stretch to over 20 mill net. They must be making some sacrifices somewhere

Atletico can pay him over 20M exactly how we can afford paying Messi 40M. It's about their main man, they have to find a replacement for him otherwise and that won't be easy at all.

Ok, Paulinho took a minor paycut, but here it's about 6-7M. A decade ago, Kaka reportedly was the highest paid football player in the world (something like 8M/year). So it's not like they are peanuts nowadays, even given the inflation of this football market.

Andrew M

Atletico can pay him over 20M exactly how we can afford paying Messi 40M. It's about their main man, they have to find a replacement for him otherwise and that won't be easy at all.

Ok, Paulinho took a minor paycut, but here it's about 6-7M. A decade ago, Kaka reportedly was the highest paid football player in the world (something like 8M/year). So it's not like they are peanuts nowadays, even given the inflation of this football market.

Did you also know that Kaka took a pay cut to join Real Madrid?

I think they are taking themselves to desperate limits pay Griezmann the sums reportedly offered.

Devils

Would Atletico not be completely destroying their wage structure by offering him that kind of money?

Anyways, still expect this to go through.

bodi16

Did you also know that Kaka took a pay cut to join Real Madrid?

I think they are taking themselves to desperate limits pay Griezmann the sums reportedly offered.

Kaka said at that time "The financial side was important for me but it was never the basis of my decision". His reported paycut was way less than 1M as i'm checking right now. Who knows what he'd have done if he'd have been in the same situation as Griezmann's. Hopefully we will find out soon enough what are Antoine's plans for the future, so that our board will move on to the plan B (whatever that might be :lol: ).

Of course his wife wants him to stay with ATM since they will be paying a quite bit more money.

What surprises me is his parents wanting him to move to Barcelona for quite bit less money.

Barca83

Banned
Kaka said at that time "The financial side was important for me but it was never the basis of my decision". His reported paycut was way less than 1M as i'm checking right now. Who knows what he'd have done if he'd have been in the same situation as Griezmann's. Hopefully we will find out soon enough what are Antoine's plans for the future, so that our board will move on to the plan B (whatever that might be :lol: ).

From what I remember, Kaka could have gone to City for a lot more though

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Griezmann has made a decision, whatever it is, he needs to let both Atletico and us know right away so both sides can plan accordingly, if he has any decency.

I am inclined to think he will stay. It is possible that MARCA and AS would lie when they reported that Griezmann told his teammates that he would stay, it is a lot less likely that Godin would blatantly lie that Griezmann told them he would stay. He apparently hasn’t notified us of his decision to stay yet but it sounds like a done deal to me that he is staying.

It is OK that he doesn’t come, as he is a nice to have and not must-have. If him staying at atletico means Dembele will stay then it is great. Also that could mean ppwe will have some much-needed money to reinforce the midfield.

FC433

^ I agree. Although Griez could be a great addition, we would survive without him. We could move Coutinho to the LW and bring a quality CM. I just think getting him now will give us enough time to prepare Abel Ruiz. Suarez should leave next season, which means that we need a strike either this season or the coming one.

Nothanks

Of course his wife wants him to stay with ATM since they will be paying a quite bit more money.
What surprises me is his parents wanting him to move to Barcelona for quite bit less money.

Doesn't surprise me that his parents want him to have a bigger legacy
honestly if he comes to barca, yes he is getting a pay reduction compared to the offer but his sponsors and image rises so maybe it outweighs itself

Messi983

Well, his wife obviously spends all the money so his parents don't care how much he gets because they don't get anything from him. ;)

Home of Barca Fans