Antoine Griezmann

bodi16

Nah, i think it's just Atletico offering him a higher salary than Barca, probably a few millions over what we would.

Nothanks

the numbers being thrown around is that we offered him 15m net
atletico is somewhere in the 22m net or so.

so yeah if he chooses atletico it's understandable but if he chooses us he rejected more money for glory.
honestly i think its a 50-50 if he comes here.

also our board doesn't really win here, if we offer him more than atletico did then people would complain about a huge wage wasted on players and if we don't offer that then our board is "useless"

FCBfan22

I think Griezmann should just publicly declare his intentions instead making this a Neymar-esque game.

Exactly. The board needs to give him a deadline (eg 1st of July) to tell them if he is coming. If he keeps mute, we should simply move on and get a young promising striker and a WC midfielder.

Andrew M

Perhaps he genuinely has no clue what to do. It just sucks having to decode all these cryptic messages. I doubt it's like Neymar keeping quiet just to take his dirty loyalty bonus.

bodi16

Perhaps he genuinely has no clue what to do. It just sucks having to decode all these cryptic messages. I doubt it's like Neymar keeping quiet just to take his dirty loyalty bonus.

If we were him we would probably do the same. Choosing between having to play alongside the best player in the world of football and more money for your family is not that easy. The financial part is always important, that's why they are footballers afterall.

Nothanks

Griezmann shouldn't be compared to Neymar
he wanted to leave for a while when manchester united was sniffing around but he stuck to Atletico because of the transfer ban. if he decides to stay in atletico he still has my respect

Andrew M

If we were him we would probably do the same. Choosing between having to play alongside the best player in the world of football and more money for your family is not that easy. The financial part is always important, that's why they are footballers afterall.

Let's not consider the decision to earn either 15 mill net or 20 mill net as some kind of hardship. Both are absolute fortunes by anyone's metric.

Griezmann shouldn't be compared to Neymar
he wanted to leave for a while when manchester united was sniffing around but he stuck to Atletico because of the transfer ban. if he decides to stay in atletico he still has my respect

I'm comparing the way he is keeping his cards close to his chest, teasing both the Atletico fans and us, the Barca fans.

Take that Inta post today of his; it's an ambiguous message that could interpreted any way. Just make up your damn mind and say in public.

Last edited:

bodi16

Let's not compare earning either 15 mill net or 20 mill net as some kind of hardship. Both are absolute fortunes by anyone's metric.

If the difference would have been about 1-2M, Griezmann would have been already ours i guess. 5-7M are absolute fortunes for many people of this planet too.

Andrew M

If the difference would have been about 1-2M, Griezmann would have been already ours i guess. 5-7M are absolute fortunes for many people of this planet too.

Plenty of players have taken less money to play for us. Even Paulinho took a pay cut to join. If he doesn't join I don't think it will be about the money.

Furthermore I do wonder how Atleti can stretch to over 20 mill net. They must be making some sacrifices somewhere

Home of Barca Fans