Antoine Griezmann

El Gato

Villarato!
So Simeone went and asked him to wait till after the World Cup and essentially gave him a reason to doubt the move. Excellent.

Messi983

So Simeone went and asked him to wait till after the World Cup and essentially gave him a reason to doubt the move. Excellent.

Where did you get this from?

I always thought it's more likely he'll join in July when his clause will drop to 100M. I think we've tried to negotiate with Atletico and get him before and were also prepared to pay 10-15M more so we could pay in installments but Atletico rejected our approach. Now it's just a waiting game until July 1st (or more likely until France are out of WC which could happen sooner than most people expect with Deschamps as their coach) to activate his clause.

El Gato

Villarato!

I always thought it's more likely he'll join in July when his clause will drop to 100M. I think we've tried to negotiate with Atletico and get him before and were also prepared to pay 10-15M more so we could pay in installments but Atletico rejected our approach. Now it's just a waiting game until July 1st (or more likely until France are out of WC which could happen sooner than most people expect with Deschamps as their coach) to activate his clause.

[tw]998695249009631240[/tw]

A few pages back.

I mean it is quite obvious he as doubts. If he didn’t he’d have signed and got it done before the WC to play without this hanging over his head. So seems likely someone convinced him to wait. Whether it’s Simeone, someone from the board, his family...

Vilarrubi

He was in the room with them when Simeone said it..........

Any rumours which quote what someone has said or done should be taken with a pinch of salt. Every season we have them and turn out to be wrong. My favourites are "Messi is angry with...." etc

Stanio

Agree with you : things are gonna change in his mind if France doesn't win WC, mostly if it's early in the competition.

Messi983

A few pages back.

I mean it is quite obvious he as doubts. If he didn’t he’d have signed and got it done before the WC to play without this hanging over his head. So seems likely someone convinced him to wait. Whether it’s Simeone, someone from the board, his family...

The problem with that is even if he has decided to leave he can't sign anything before July because his clause for now is still 200m and we can't negotiate with Atletico because their asking price is also set at 200m which we obviously won't pay. There were reports we are prepared to pay up to 115m to reach a deal which would allow us to pay in installments and also wouldn't totally ruin relationships between the clubs so I still hope Atletico will in the end agree to sell instead of us paying his release clause. But for now they don't want to negotiate so waiting until July is all we can do.

Of course it's possible he still has doubts but nobody knows how true all these reports are. As [MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION] said we should take them with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, I think he can go with a clear head to the WC even if his future won't be officially confirmed as long as he's 100% decided on what he wants and I believe he'll take that decision in next week or two if he didn't already. And the longer he stays quiet without commiting his future to Atletico the bigger are the odds of him leaving imo. In other words Griezmann waiting will undoubtely give Atletico hopes he might stay but it doesn't mean he will.

Devils

Wish we planned all our transfers like we did with this guy.

Will be an excellent signing. Cannot wait to have him in the team.

Stoichkov1

He's coming. :bartomeu:

[tw]999202043729534976[/tw]

It's a poor translation, he only said that in July he will start talking about transfers.

I read the entire interview and he also said that Barca fans want the best players in the world to play for Barca but that it's not possible and that the current players are very good as the double won this season shows.

Givenchy

It's a poor translation, he only said that in July he will start talking about transfers.

I read the entire interview and he also said that Barca fans want the best players in the world to play for Barca but that it's not possible and that the current players are very good as the double won this season shows.

fucking typical

Raketa10

He also didn’t say this. It’s clear Griezmann is going to be our player so some of you need to stop with unnecessary drama. A bit of patience is needed here.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans