Antoine Griezmann

Katarina1

Banned
It only takes one game against relegation fodder to convince you guys we need to keep 3 no. 10s, start them all together, especially when they all need highly specific set ups built around them to succeed. Yeah all we needed was a number 9 for him to perform, because what was keeping him from scoring those sitters with no one in front of him but the goalie was a number 9...

Jesus I seriously hope Laporta or whatever aren't as fickle and gets rid of these slow ass number 10s this winter or next summer.

straight facts

henias

I see some guys who defend Messi, shit on Cou (and Griezz).
And since Puig is a favorite of majority (plus obviously Fati), you get Messi-Fati-Puig trio from a lot of users, imo.

Lol you're talking about a legend compared to a nobody who barely performed since he first joined. And it makes less sense for some users to similarly, defend Griezmann, but shit on Messi every single day.

FinBarcelonafan

And since Puig is a favorite of majority (plus obviously Fati), you get Messi-Fati-Puig trio from a lot of users, imo.

Nobody is saying to start Puig every game. We are hoping he gets a chance. He played well last season and deserves a chance. That's it. You are taking things a bit too drastically.

Also Fati shouldn't start every game. We have enough quality upfront to rotate players. Nobody should play every game as a starter.

serghei

If we are going by the numbers, our starters should be:
Braith, Fati, Cou and Griezz.

If we are going by performances, our starters should be:

If we are going by what Barcaforum wants, our 4 attacking players should probably be:
Messi, Fati, Puig and Dumbele.

Isn't it?

:lol:

soul24rage

If we are going by what Barcaforum wants, our 4 attacking players should probably be:

Isn't it?

So since you're also part of the Barcaforum, I'm guessing you also like Messi, Fati, Puig and Dembele right? :valverde:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Can you read BBZ mate? People want Puig to get a chance, not be a nailed-on starter. Attacking a strawman as usual.

KingLeo10

We've managed to get a vaccine for coronavirus but there doesn't seem to be any vaccine for the pandemic that is BBZ's football posting.

:lol:

BADGERBHOY

Isn't it?

Griezmann and Coutinho in form? Whit?

CatalinR10

Isn't it?

La Liga :

Messi - 9 games (765 mins) , 4 goals , 0 assists , 2.2 key passes /game , 3.8 dribbles / game

Ansu Fati - 7 games ( 437 mins ), 4 goals , 0 assists , 1.3 key passes /game, 1.6 dribbles / game

Griezmann - 9 games ( 614 mins ) , 3 goals , 2 assists , 0.4 key passes /game , 0,7 dribbles / game

Coutinho - 7 games (429 mins ) , 2 goals , 2 assists , 0,4 key passes /game, 1.3 dribbles / game

Dembele - 7 games (321 mins ) , 1 goal , 0 assists , 0.4 key passes / game , 1.7 dribbles /game

Braithwaite - 6 games (105 mins) , 1 goals , 0 assists , 0 key passes / game , 0 dribbles / game

Whoscored ratings : Messi ( 7.85 ) , Fati ( 7.38 ) , Coutinho ( 7.03 ) , Griezmann ( 6.99 ) , Dembele ( 6.43 ) , Braithwaite ( 6.27 )

Champions League :

Messi - 3 games (270 mins) , 3 goals , 2 assists , 4.3 key passes / game , 6 dribbles/ game

Dembele - 3 games (124 mins) , 2 goals , 1 assists , 0.3 key passes/ game , 3.3 dribbles / game

Braithwaite - 2 games (91 mins) , 2 goals , 1 assists , 0.5 key passes/ game , 0.5 dribbles/ game

Ansu Fati - 3 games (140 mins) , 1 goal , 2 assists , 1,7 key passes / game , 1.3 dribbles/ game

Griezmann - 3 games (174 mins) , 1 goal , 0 assists , 0,7 key passes / game , 0 dribbles / game

Whoscored Ratings : Messi ( 9.14 ) , Fati ( 7.78 ) , Dembele ( 7.56 ) , Coutinho ( 7.53 ) , Braithwaite ( 7.47 ) , Griezmann ( 6.97 )

Almost same ratings are on the rest of football sites .

Yeah , clearly Messi has to sit out because Braith, Fati, Cou and Griezmann have better stats and performed better.

Pleb teams like Dynamo Kyev and Osassuna made people believe Braithwaite and Griezmann are world beaters and should be clear starters because they played good vs said teams.

LMAO.

33 yo Messi on his worst season , walking all the time , not wanting to be here > half a billion ,,superstar " players in the list above.

Laplacian

Lol you're talking about a legend compared to a nobody who barely performed since he first joined. And it makes less sense for some users to similarly, defend Griezmann, but shit on Messi every single day.

It's quite weird. For a guy who hates midgets that run around in loops without any ability to penetrate the opposition either through dribbling, passing, or runs, the guy sure loves to persist with Griezmann and Coutinho. Like what's the point of Messi/Rakitic/Busquets/Arthur OUT when you're going to replace them with useless players such as Coutinho and Griezmann?

BBZ is fucking weird man.

BBZ8800

It's quite weird. For a guy who hates midgets that run around in loops without any ability to penetrate the opposition either through dribbling, passing, or runs, the guy sure loves to persist with Griezmann and Coutinho. Like what's the point of Messi/Rakitic/Busquets/Arthur OUT when you're going to replace them with useless players such as Coutinho and Griezmann?

BBZ is fucking weird man.

I would rather have Halaand than those two.
But since we don't have money and other options, those two are good.

In terms of age:
Griezz and Cou are fine, Messi is finished.

In terms of motivation:
Cou won almost nothing in his career and he has anger and motivation.
Griezz also.
Messi won everything except breaking Pele's record.

In comparison to other players:
Arthur is a level of Napoli.
You can dislike Cou and Griezz, but those are guys who COULD work on the highest level.
I mean, Griezz was a key man for France who won a World cup.

Busi was ok, but he is done.

Rakitic was ok, but he is done.

I really don't see a point of your post.
If Cou and Griezz are bad, with whom will you dub them?
Puig, a guy disliked by almost every coach who has coached him for longer than 7 days?
Dumbele, one of the dumbest players to wear our shirt and who can never improve in that area?

Who is left at all?
Trincao? I won't even comment.

I get you, Cou and Griezz are slow and can't dribble.
But both of them are awesome playmakers and we have never seen how would they perform if you give them reigns of our team.

Till now, they were always side show boys in a team where Messi is ruining all tactical logic and where every ball is passed to Messi.

So, we never gave them free hands to lead our team without Messi.

They are both motivated, have a decent IQ (especially Griezmann), they possess a lot of skills.

Since you know my opinion that Messi is finished, that Dumbele can't be fixed and that Puig can't grow, this is my ranking of key players in our team:

5/5 level: Cou, Griezz, Fati
4/5 level: Frenkie, Mats, Dest, Braithwaite, probably Pedri
3/5 level: Lenglet, Roberto, Dembele
2/5 level: Alena, Trincao, Puig, Firpo
Retirement home level: Messi, Busi
Retirement home level in a year: Pique, Alba, Pjanic

I don't have an opinion yet on Araujo and Mingueza.

So, when you remove Messi due to age, Cou and Griezz are two absolute best players in our team (plus Fati+Frenkie).

I don't understand how you can compare them with Arthur or finished Busi or Raki.

Last edited:

Laplacian

I would rather have Halaand than those two.
But since we don't have money and other options, those two are good.

In terms of age:
Griezz and Cou are fine, Messi is finished.

In terms of motivation:
Cou won almost nothing in his career and he has anger and motivation.
Griezz also.
Messi won everything except breaking Pele's record.

In comparison to other players:
Arthur is a level of Napoli.
You can dislike Cou and Griezz, but those are guys who COULD work on the highest level.
I mean, Griezz was a key man for France who won a World cup.

Busi was ok, but he is done.

Rakitic was ok, but he is done.

I really don't see a point of your post.
If Cou and Griezz are bad, with whom will you dub them?
Puig, a guy disliked by almost every coach who has coached him for longer than 7 days?
Dumbele, one of the dumbest players to wear our shirt and who can never improve in that area?

Who is left at all?
Trincao? I won't even comment.

I get you, Cou and Griezz are slow and can't dribble.
But both of them are awesome playmakers and we have never seen how would they perform if you give them reigns of our team.

Till now, they were always side show boys in a team where Messi is ruining all tactical logic and where every ball is passed to Messi.

So, we never gave them free hands to lead our team without Messi.

They are both motivated, have a decent IQ (especially Griezmann), they possess a lot of skills.

Since you know my opinion that Messi is finished, that Dumbele can't be fixed and that Puig can't grow, this is my ranking of key players in our team:

5/5 level: Cou, Griezz, Fati
4/5 level: Frenkie, Mats, Dest, Braithwaite
3/5 level: Lenglet, Roberto, Dembele
2/5 level: Alena, Trincao, Puig, Firpo
Retirement home level: Messi, Busi
Retirement home level in a year: Pique, Alba, Pjanic

I don't have an opinion yet on Araujo and Mingueza.

So, when you remove Messi due to age, Cou and Griezz are two absolute best players in our teym (plus Fati+Frenkie).

I don't understand how you can compare them with Arthur or finished Busi or Raki.

"Awesome playmakers"

They can barely thread in a through ball a game lmfao.

BBZ8800

"Awesome playmakers"

They can barely thread in a through ball a game lmfao.

A through ball to whom?

To Messi who is 10 meters behind them since every ball needs to be passed to him.
You can pass only to Fati, who is now injured.
And to Martin, who is finally playing.

I would like to see more matches without Messi, with Braith, Fati, Cou, Griezz, Frenkie, someone, Dest.

Braith-Cou-Griezz were good without Messi.
Let's see how would they click with Fati, plus Frenkie+Dest+and even Alba.

That is potentially 2 playmakers, two forwards who can run and two fast fullbacks.

We won't win a CL, but we'll be much better than 10th in La Liga struggling against everyone.

Laplacian

A through ball to whom?

To Messi who is 10 meters behind them since every ball needs to be passed to him.
You can pass only to Fati, who is now injured.
And to Martin, who is finally playing.

I would like to see more matches without Messi, with Braith, Fati, Cou, Griezz, Frenkie, someone, Dest.

Braith-Cou-Griezz were good without Messi.
Let's see how would they click with Fati, plus Frenkie+Dest+and even Alba.

That is potentially 2 playmakers, two forwards who can run and two fast fullbacks.

We won't win a CL, but we'll be much better than 10th in La Liga struggling against everyone.

Nice narrative, I already know that's an issue but don't pretend like our fullbacks, midfielders, and other forwards don't make runs into the box multiple times a game. Don't pretend like Griezmann doesn't get the ball at the edge of the box with our players inside it, and makes a backpass instead of penetrating the defense like Messi or at lesser extent Dembele does. When Ansu Fati was still playing, neither Griezmann or Coutinho were making penetrating balls to him. Messi was (I already know what the next excuse for this is).

We are at our worst in over a decade, but this narrative that "Coutinho and Griezmann can't pass because there's no one to pass to" is just bullshit.

Hilariously enough, isn't this what you shit on Arthur for? LOL, but with Coutinho and Griezmann it's because of the team. With Arthur it was his fault. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans