Antoine Griezmann

Nothanks

Agreed
1) He's came out and said he prefers to stay in Spain for his family
2) Man U bought alexis in January
3) Family spotted in Barcelona home searching
4) We didn't give Coutinho the #7 shirt for some reason
5) Body language between suarez and messi

the transfer is going to happen unless somehow Real Madrid hijack it and offer much higher wages or something... no other team in Spain can afford him he's also said he doesn't wanna go back to french league so PSG is out

Neeraj

While I do want Greizman here, I worry for Dembele, Alena and any other youngsters. Valverde just won't give anyone time, even in easy matches. He hasn't done so with a wafer thin squad, I highly doubt he will with another star signing.

BarçaBarça

While I do want Greizman here, I worry for Dembele, Alena and any other youngsters. Valverde just won't give anyone time, even in easy matches. He hasn't done so with a wafer thin squad, I highly doubt he will with another star signing.

He also asked for a thinner squad, and said that he would rather give playing time to Barca-B players than mediocre squad-players!
That gives me some hope, that if Gomes, Vidal, Denis and maybe Paco leaves + the loanouts, then we will see more playingtime to Alena, Arnaiz and Dembele than this season, although Griezmann surely would need his amount of minutes as well.

Do anyone know where one can find a calculation of the amount of time players of our team have spend out with injuries/suspensions the last few seasons?
I would like to know how many times/matches we have been forced to rotate our front 3 for example. That would give an idea of how big a "management problem" Valverde will have the rest of the time with many 'sure starters' up front.

BarçaBarça

Agreed
1) He's came out and said he prefers to stay in Spain for his family
2) Man U bought alexis in January
3) Family spotted in Barcelona home searching
4) We didn't give Coutinho the #7 shirt for some reason
5) Body language between suarez and messi

the transfer is going to happen unless somehow Real Madrid hijack it and offer much higher wages or something... no other team in Spain can afford him he's also said he doesn't wanna go back to french league so PSG is out

What happened?

Trickykid

Dembele is playing, and no, our squad is nowhere near wafer thin, quite the contrary in midfield actually. Granted, I would've liked to see more of Aleña, but I can see where EV is coming from, when he's playing first teamers ahead of him. Hopefully the rumors about EV wanting to slim down the squad for next season are true, which in turn should equal more chances for Aleña.

Neeraj

Dembele is playing, and no, our squad is nowhere near wafer thin, quite the contrary in midfield actually. Granted, I would've liked to see more of Aleña, but I can see where EV is coming from, when he's playing first teamers ahead of him. Hopefully the rumors about EV wanting to slim down the squad for next season are true, which in turn should equal more chances for Aleña.

Our squad is most definitely wafer thin, compared to any reasonable standards. Depth of a squad isn't judged by how many players you have, but how many players of quality, and what the difference between the bench and the XI looks like. Not just compared to other big teams, even mid table teams (like Sevilla, who had big names on the bench against United) have a better squad than us.

Considering Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Coutinho would be your starters, you're looking at mediocre to garbage players like Gomes, Vidal, Denis and Paulinho as your 'squad depth'. Then, take note that each of these guys have been frozen out by Valverde at various points of the season and not even made the squad lists.

If you can't manage to get youngsters playing time when you have such a poor squad, it's difficult to imagine that with the arrival of Greizman and maybe Arthur in the summer, Alena is going to see much playing time.

Lastly, Dembele is playing now, but it's possible that his playing time suffers too, and he's given stop start minutes once Greizman comes. Just look at Semedo at the start of the season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paulinho is far from garbage. Then at the back you have Vermaelen who is also good. Semedo at RB. 3-4 good backups at least I would say. Also Jasper is very good. Paco ... I am not a fan but when he played he delivered. So he is not useless either.

Home of Barca Fans