Antoine Griezmann

Ursegor

World Champion
Suarez was getting destroyed here while he has 13 goals in 16 games. Griezmann has only scored in 5 of his last 20 games.

Looks like another Atletico player who has already given everything for Simeone.

wisconsincule

But in all honesty I don’t think there are any proven world class controllers available so we’ll have to take a punt on someone. I just don’t see how the team would work by adding Griezmann and keeping Suárez. To many mouths to feed up front and Suárez is going no where.

SeloBarca

Pjanic is good, but hes not a controlling midfielder.
Tbh theres not many controlling midfielders around the world in any club, not in the Xavi/Pirlo mold anyways.
I see alot of similiarities in Arthur but it would be a huge gamble, and we would have to solve the EU issue somehow.

M

MessiCam

Pjanic is good, but hes not a controlling midfielder.
Tbh theres not many controlling midfielders around the world in any club, not in the Xavi/Pirlo mold anyways.
I see alot of similiarities in Arthur but it would be a huge gamble, and we would have to solve the EU issue somehow.

I have a problem with this "controlling midfielder" term. It's popping up all over the place lately...

Xavi and Pirlo were not controllers they were regista's aka deep lying playmakers.

Nothanks

putting terms to goats is kind of silly

messi isn't simply a "striker, false 9, winger, or attacking mid"
he is a mix of all

xavi had a bunch of different skill sets that can't be compared with current players and i struggle to find a player similar to him even in the past...
to me pirlo and him only really share an amazing eye for the game but still not comparable.

Trickykid

I have a problem with this "controlling midfielder" term. It's popping up all over the place lately...

Xavi and Pirlo were not controllers they were regista's aka deep lying playmakers.

You're just splitting hairs. A regista dictates the flow and tempo of the game through his playmaking skills, meaning he's very much a controlling midfielder.

M

MessiCam

putting terms to goats is kind of silly

messi isn't simply a "striker, false 9, winger, or attacking mid"
he is a mix of all

xavi had a bunch of different skill sets that can't be compared with current players and i struggle to find a player similar to him even in the past...
to me pirlo and him only really share an amazing eye for the game but still not comparable.

Regista is a role which can be played in any manner of ways, but you're right about Xavi. He was a genius.

JamDav1982

Xavi never controlled from deep he was given the freedom to follow the ball around the pitch and dictate play from anywhere and he got forward a fair bit as well.

M

MessiCam

You're just splitting hairs. A regista dictates the flow and tempo of the game through his playmaking skills, meaning he's very much a controlling midfielder.

So what is Pjanic? Because I've been told he is not a controlling midfielder...

Home of Barca Fans