Antoine Griezmann

fergus90

And again, was there anything bad Griezmann said about Barca? Or did he just said he'll stay because he "loves" Atletico? I've wanted him in 2018 but I understood and respected his decision to stay and then I also understood he changed his mind last season after circumstances at Atletico have changed for him.

Their main goal was to play the CL final at their home stadium and I think that was also one of the reasons why they've eventually convinced Griezmann to stay. But then they were eliminated against Juve after winning 2-0 at home. Two of his best friends also left the club so his situation in 2019 wasn't all that different to what happened with Messi this summer.

But Messi's actions (especially as a captain) were more damaging to Barca's image than whatever Griezmann did (with either his video or changing his mind a year after; if anything it was his own image that was the most damaged but not Barca's). It doesn't really matter if his anger was pointed at Bartomeu for not letting him leave. In the end it was the club that suffered the most.

I just explained to you that I don't care about the videos, they are irrelevant to me, him rejecting Barcelona is also irrelevant to me, he wanted to stay at Atletico, again that's fair enough. But it's not about the documentaries, the fortnite celebrations etc I judge him on his football, which he hasn't delivered. No, he's not had it easy, there has been a turbulent year at Barcelona that is true. However, I will say, that if he sees himself as such a superstar that warrants a documentary about his next move, then don't be surprised when some people call him out for not performing like one.

I assume I'm right in saying you're a big fan of his, can you honestly tell me he's been good. It's not his fault we have other players that occupy his position and space that is true, but even things he can control such as his positioning, when to get in the box, his link-up play on occasion, and shooting have been extremely under par for a player grossly overpriced player at 120 million euros.

In regards to the Messi video, I was just stating they cannot be compared as the context is absolutely different.

Messi983

However, I will say, that if he sees himself as such a superstar that warrants a documentary about his next move, then don't be surprised when some people call him out for not performing like one.

I don't see it like that. He explained yesterday why he filmed that documentary and I can understand him. Making a decision to leave a club you're comfortable in and loved by the fans to go into an unknown territory is not easy. Yet he made that decision so he's not such a p***y like people call him to be.

I assume I'm right in saying you're a big fan of his, can you honestly tell me he's been good.

I'm not a big fan of him but I like him and think he can still offer a lot to the team. Like it or not he's here now and we would be a much better team if we could somehow manage to make Griezmann playing close to his best level because I have no doubt he's still a very good player and he has shown that even in his time here, just not consistently enough.

OTOH as I've said I also don't like the fact he's often scrutinized for what he does outside of the pitch even if he hasn't really done anything bad.

In regards to the Messi video, I was just stating they cannot be compared as the context is absolutely different.

As said before don't think context is all that different.

mladenq

Imagine watching Griezmann for a season and a half in Barca and still thinking he has a lot to offer to the club...

JohnN

Is he playing today? He should take the chance and carry this team a little bit. No more talking and more playing...

Richard.H

Should we keep him if Messi leaves? He would have all the space in the world.

No fuk this childish piece of shit. Get rid of him and half the squad if Messi leaves. Keep players that are happy and enthusiastic about wearing the shirt: Pedri, Fati, Puig, Dest, Brathwaite, and a couple others. Fuk the rest they can fuk off to Everton, Celta, City, or MLS.

Richard.H

What was with that dance for the goal? Dude, you came on as a sub vs Kiev and scored the 0-4 goal, nothing impressive.

Home of Barca Fans