Antoine Griezmann

HanDW

Koeman just praised him today, said that he likes his off the ball work and that the rest of the team should pay attention to the runs he makes. Pretty much confirm he's starting again.

serghei

Koeman just praised him today, said that he likes his off the ball work and that the rest of the team should pay attention to the runs he makes. Pretty much confirm he's starting again.

He's not wrong at all about the comment about his runs. This is Griezmann's best asset, he has great movement.

JamDav1982

His runs into box helped open up defence for both Fati goals but need far more quality from him on the ball.

Said during game Barca turn down a lot of early passes when he and others are free... Busquets and FDJ were terrible for it on Sunday.

mc_lovin

Yeah, only a few good runs is a bit thin for a 100ME+ signing. I hope he gets there, our current game plan should suit him more than the positional abomination under Valverde/Setien.

serghei

His runs into box helped open up defence for both Fati goals but need far more quality from him on the ball.

Said during game Barca turn down a lot of early passes when he and others are free... Busquets and FDJ were terrible for it on Sunday.

Yea, there is a bad tendency to do a couple of safety passes after ball recoveries, which denies us the chance of a quick counter. Funny enough, Lenglet created more quick counters with long vertical ground passes than the midfielders vs Villareal.

gasgas

Yea, there is a bad tendency to do a couple of safety passes after ball recoveries, which denies us the chance of a quick counter. Funny enough, Lenglet created more quick counters with long vertical ground passes than the midfielders vs Villareal.

Thats why we need Pjanic

He loves sending an early ball.

Busi and fdj like to twist and turn a lot with the ball ignoring any penettative runs by forwards

BBZ8800

I don't know, I don't dislike him as much as you guys.

I still hope that we can get something on the field from him and Coutinho.

JohnN

I don't know, I don't dislike him as much as you guys.

I still hope that we can get something on the field from him and Coutinho.

He is trying really hard. He just seems unfit for any position in this team. Also, he looks classless and clumsy on the ball. Not an unlikable player though.

snowy

Well, we already all the cons. So here's a look at the pros:

1/ Dude's a Volkswagen, hardly ever gets injured and can run forever.

2/ Game IQ more compatible with new gen crop. He likes to link-up and exploit empty spaces by using quick 1-touch passes and runs between lines _instead of dribbling.

3/ Defensively solid. He continued his duties with the same commitment as his Athletico days and did not become lazy a la Turan for instance.

4/ Attack wise, looking at the fluid top 4 that Koe seems to like, he should get more chances at goal than before; so his stats per 90min in pre-assists, assists and goals should also improve.

5/ Come end-of-season crunch time, if we're lucky, we might even get crew-cut Griezz back.

oh damn is it on now???

Home of Barca Fans