Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, Deschamps won't allow transfer speculation to derail their plans so even if Griezmann was thinking about delaying it, he now will have to put an end to this.

Joan

1. While he's not as good creator as Messi I think Griezmann could continue to drop back sometimes while Messi would stay upfront so they could basically interchange positions during the games. This would also help us defensively. Of course a lot depends on the opponents and game situations but I think one of our goals should be to keep Messi at around 30-40 metres from opponents goal more often instead of him dropping all the way to our half. He'll still drop deep eventually because it's the way he likes to play but it would be great if we wouldn't need him to drop everytime to create some danger. Of course getting another creative midfielder would be great but I think both Griezmann and Coutinho would both relieve pressure from Messi and help him to concentrate on scoring more.

2. Agreed. As much as I love Iniesta playing Coutinho instead of him (and as long as we don't get another midfielder capable of filling his role I think Coutinho is the best man for that job) will add speed to our lineup. We'll lose some control and possesion obssessed people will go crazy because of that but eventually I think Coutinho's fresher legs will help us defensively to not get overruned in important CL games as much. EV will have 6-7 months to figure out the best possible lineup for those games though and I think he'll try a lot of different lineups/formations in first half of the season.

Replacing Suarez with Griezmann would add even more speed to the lineup though as said I don't see it totally happening next season but in 2019/20 Suarez's role should absolutely be diminished (I doubt we'll sell him unless he'll decide to leave) if he won't suddenly find his best form again next year. Griezmann will probably mostly play at Dembele's expense but I still think there will be enough minutes for Dembouz even with Griezmann's arrival so loaning him would be a mistake. And despite rumours I don't believe we're considering selling.

3. Absolutely, I think we'd improve our transition game a lot with Griezmann even if Suarez would stay in the lineup and much more if he'd replace him.
Sorry I'm late to reply but really wanted to.

1. Agreed. He is still very creative. But he offers something different, he usually excels at speedy transition and sending a perfect pass which we sometimes lack since Suarez is often not fast enough to run and finish the chance. If Messi stays upfront and Griezmann finds him, Leo still has good acceleration and can beat his man and vice versa. I do count on Suarez as a starter next season so even if Messi dropped back at 30-40 meters from where he can create, we'd have 2 players capable of finishing which wasn't the case this season. All due respect to Dembele, but he's not (yet?) the goal-scorer. Speaking of a creative midfielder, I'd like someone in the mold of Deco, good technique, vision and creativity but very versatile, able to play anywhere in the midfield and help the others. That's why I'm not sure about Eriksen, it'd be a huge bet. I'd try to find a midfielder in LaLiga.

2. About Coutinho, he might not be the fastest, but you have the point. Even more important IMO is that he's very mobile. Look at Rakitić, for instance. He's slow as a snail but moves around a lot and will often (if not always) be the first one to get to the ball. Coutinho hasn't played as a midfielder in his career much, but he'll get there. If Raki was more proactive going forward, he'd be perfect since he'd cover for Coutinho's trips in attack.
He'll have to. We'll have some new players and they'll need a lot of time to develop chemistry. Dembele, Coutinho (I count them as 'new'), Alenya, Griezmann, a midfielder?, Arthur...

3. For sure, our transition should be great. Even with Suarez in the lineup, we'd have three or two (if either Messi or Griezmann drops back) goal-scorers upfront, it wouldn't be as bad as is often made out. We saw it vs Sociedad, Suarez struggled and there was noone to finish the chance. Coutinho scored a screamer in the end. Suarez, Messi, Griezmann upfront looks good to me. Busquets and Coutinho are certs behind them, add versatile midfielder in the lineup and we'd be good to go. I'm only concerned about width, not on the left since Griezmann, Alba and Coutinho would take care of that but on the right. You can't have everything (same goes for the plan B), though. At least, we wouldn't be as onedimensional.

Last edited:

Saladin

Just look at the comments on that tweet. Sold Atletico fans dreams :lol:

I mean it is beautiful trolling tbh. They even nailed the colours and even the fonts of their official Twitter accounts usual announcements. Great attention to deal, the only difference in the Twitter accounts is Atletic instead og the official Atleti

Home of Barca Fans