Antoine Griezmann

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Anyone knows if there is any truth to this quote?
Griezmann [Atletico]: "Go to Real Madrid? Zidane would have to call me saying he needs me. I'm happy at Atletico."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't matter. Atletico won't sell to you. Just like with Aguero and Falcao.

El Flaco

Anyone knows if there is any truth to this quote?
Griezmann [Atletico]: "Go to Real Madrid? Zidane would have to call me saying he needs me. I'm happy at Atletico."

Where did you found that quote?

Anyway, I don't really think it's possible.

Atleti and Madrid have a gentleman agreement to not sign players from eachother.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Where did you found that quote?

Anyway, I don't really think it's possible.

Atleti and Madrid have a gentleman agreement to not sign players from eachother.

Yeah but Perez and RM are frustrated with Barcelona dominating. Not to mention that Perez's position isn't nowhere as secure as it once was. I'm pretty sure he'd snatch up Neymar or Griezmann if given the chance,gentleman agreement my ass.

El Flaco

Yeah but Perez and RM are frustrated with Barcelona dominating. Not to mention that Perez's position isn't nowhere as secure as it once was. I'm pretty sure he'd snatch up Neymar or Griezmann if given the chance,gentleman agreement my ass.

We've dominated for years and as someone already said, you've already tried to sign several players from Atleti in the past and the latter won't let their players go to you.

Simple as that.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
We've dominated for years and as someone already said, you've already tried to sign several players from Atleti in the past and the latter won't let their players go to you.

Simple as that.

Griezmann seems like he'd play for RM if we promise him a great role, which is easy by just selling Ronaldo. Griezmann eager, RM eager, relase clause.
Simple as that.

El Flaco

Griezmann seems like he'd play for RM if we promise him a great role, which is easy by just selling Ronaldo. Griezmann eager, RM eager, relase clause.
Simple as that.

If you think Griezmann a winger, then guess again...

Also, I'm believe Bale will take over the role Cristiano currently has.

I mean, it's was the sole reason why the Welsh was bought in the first place.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It is funny how you think RM is able to get basically every player.

Like srsly what's wrong with you all ? I'm not saying that these rumors are true but why is it so hard to imagine? Barca and RM are the greatest possible destinations in football and Barca already has MSN. Which means that there is only 1 elite destination for forwards. Do you think that Griezmann wouldn't switch? Insane wages,contract,glory,highest status,competing for Ballon d'Or. Being one of the main men at RM is certainly alluring. We're obviously looking for a CR7 replacement because there is no way in hell that he'll stay here for 3 or 4 more years.
Griezmann gets to play under his fellow countryman Zidane,who could turn him into a world-beater. And where would you want to play as a talented forward? Being restricted in ATM,forced to defend and play without many goals? Or at RM where it's guns blazing?

F

Flavia

Can't find another source than md for the quote. It's supposedly from an interview he gave to rmc:

“¿Si Zidane me llamase para irme? No creo que eso llegase a pasar ni que él me necesitase pero yo soy del Atlético de Madrid. Mi objetivo no es dejar el Atlético. Me veo a mí mismo es este mismo lugar la próxima temporada”

"If Zidane called me? I don't believe this would happen, or that he needs me, but I belong to Atletico. My objective isn't to leave atletico. I see myself here next season".

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Like srsly what's wrong with you all ? I'm not saying that these rumors are true but why is it so hard to imagine? Barca and RM are the greatest possible destinations in football and Barca already has MSN. Which means that there is only 1 elite destination for forwards. Do you think that Griezmann wouldn't switch? Insane wages,contract,glory,highest status,competing for Ballon d'Or. Being one of the main men at RM is certainly alluring. We're obviously looking for a CR7 replacement because there is no way in hell that he'll stay here for 3 or 4 more years.
Griezmann gets to play under his fellow countryman Zidane,who could turn him into a world-beater. And where would you want to play as a talented forward? Being restricted in ATM,forced to defend and play without many goals? Or at RM where it's guns blazing?

Lewa this, Pogba that. Hazard of course, now Griezmann etc. Get real man. Some of these players will never decide for RM and if you get Pogba e.g. there will be no more room for other big signings in the same window.
"Competing for Ballon d'Or" is what no single player in the world thinks when changing clubs. They will think about the status of the club or the quality of the team and their wages but not about a personal award. All world class players want to win trophies in the first place and the individual awards (which they cannot influence at all) could come later given there is success.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Lewa this, Pogba that. Hazard of course, now Griezmann etc. Get real man. Some of these players will never decide for RM and if you get Pogba e.g. there will be no more room for other big signings in the same window.
"Competing for Ballon d'Or" is what no single player in the world thinks when changing clubs. They will think about the status of the club or the quality of the team and their wages but not about a personal award. All world class players want to win trophies in the first place and the individual awards (which they cannot influence at all) could come later given there is success.

If it was up to me I wouldn't get Pogba nor Lewa nor Pogba. We'll see in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans