Antoine Griezmann

serghei

:lol: Since when do Messi and Suarez make the transfers at the club? They should play football and stay out of these issues, it's not their concern. If Suarez is concerned about his spot then he should make sure he plays at a high level. Didn't score a goal in a year in CL.

Mitchell1978

Griezmann is not a center forward so i don't see how he can be Suarez replacement, i think he would just occupy the same spaces as the players we already have, unless he wants to play on the wing again

Givenchy

Griezmann is not a center forward so i don't see how he can be Suarez replacement, i think he would just occupy the same spaces as the players we already have, unless he wants to play on the wing again

problem is, right now in the market who could replace Suarez?

Dembele is a much better winger than Griezmann, Coutinho is also a singificantly better wide player than him.

Griezmann isn't a natural striker or a winger, his best role is as a CAM/SS; so basically the same position or area Messi plays in right now. I'd imagine he could do a job as a striker and the board are bringing him into to gradually phase out Suarez in a year or two.

There is no way we'll be able to play with three attackers clogging up the centre of the pitch (Griez, Leo, Luis). Even if Valverde tries something like that it will miserably fail, hell we're already having some problems with just two players; Messi and Suarez playing centrally.

He'll be seeing a lot of the bench here for a few years until Suarez eventually leaves.

Ritchie

I'd rather go for Firmino. A very clever player who'd link up great with Messi, Dembele and Coutinho and we could offer Suarez in return.

Salah wouldn't have those numbers without him.

Zincubus

Banned
I'd rather go for Firmino. A very clever player who'd link up great with Messi, Dembele and Coutinho and we could offer Suarez in return.

Salah wouldn't have those numbers without him.
Exactly right about Firmino !!

I raved about him a while back and got slaughtered as usual but he is the focal point of Liverpools attack and he'd be brilliant for us .. I mentioned swapping Suarez back to Liverpool for him but it didn't go down too well :)

Barcilliant

Exactly right about Firmino !!

I raved about him a while back and got slaughtered as usual but he is the focal point of Liverpools attack and he'd be brilliant for us .. I mentioned swapping Suarez back to Liverpool for him but it didn't go down too well :)

Plus one. I'd rather have Firmino.

Last edited:

draconifire

No way should we pass on Griezmann. That said there is an element of doubt of him not having a place or not fitting with us. But we can easily make the money by selling him next mercato if this transfer goes wrong.

Mitchell1978

If he doesn't fit the team or doesn't bring anything we don't already have then i don't see the point in buying him just for the sake of it or just because he isn't that expensive, 100 million is a lot of money, if Iniesta leaves we might nead another creative midfielder rather.

Raketa10

If he doesn't fit the team or doesn't bring anything we don't already have then i don't see the point in buying him just for the sake of it or just because he isn't that expensive, 100 million is a lot of money, if Iniesta leaves we might nead another creative midfielder rather.

We bought Coutinho for that purpose. Also if we sell Gomes and Denis, promote Alena and buy Arthur in summer we’ll have 6 midfielders plus Roberto (Busi, Raki, Cou, Paulinho, Arthur, Alena). That’s more than enough especially if you want Alena and Arthur to grow.

Last edited:
DYwGEzUVAAAkgnM.jpg

DYwIB6aVoAA-Sk7.jpg

SOON.

Home of Barca Fans