Antoine Griezmann

First, Dembele will have to mutiny against Barca for a filler team like Chelsea.

Second, not a penny less than 400m euros if Chelsea can manage the above.

BarçaBarça

31 year old Dzeko worth 50M€ is reality now. And some say Griezmann isn't worth 100M?
Come on, it is a deal too good to turn down.

I think rotation would be great to squeeze everything out of Messi and Suarez. That's why we also bought Coutinho, so we could still use Iniesta in some games where we need him, but not every game, because it's too much for his body. Fresh Messi and Suarez will kill LaLiga next season.

I am really starting to like the idea of adding Griezmann. He could help us and it would.help rotating a lot. We could always have great players on field.

People don't care about rotation. They draw an ideal starting 11 and think they will play 60 games a season without problems :lol:

Yes, as things currently stand all signs point to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. In a 4-2-3-1 there is no way Coutinho plays as a pivot so the rotation battle will be between Griezmann, Dembele, Suarez and Coutinho.

It's a good problem to have but I'm not fond of over rotations. We're not Liverpool.

And how much should we bet on Iniesta/Suarez/Messi being fit for the whole season? Would you accept an injury to be game over in CL? I bet you wouldn't and that is why Griezmann makes sense. He is not some random guy, but a 2-3 seasons' opportunity. Injuries aside, Suarez could drop off rapidly, and be a benchplayer, tbh, it would make no sense to buy desperately after the fact.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Great goal but was completely anonymous the rest of the match. Still trying to figure out how he fits in here with Suarez still around.

xXKonan

He's forced a lot to come down deep and defend like a defensive Midfielder or try to get the ball forward.

Atletico's supply from the midfield is about as dry as a desert, it's expected for him to struggle trying to score. Here he will finally play with players who can supply him the goods and he doesn't have to worry about consistently having to create chances for himself out of thin air.

Either one of Coutinho, Suarez, Griezmann or Dembele gets benched or it's a 4-4-2 with Dembele and Griezmann as the wide midfielders. Don't see any other way it can work. And I'm not sure about a Griezmann-Busquets-Coutinho-Dembele midfield from a defensive standpoint.

I'm guessing the idea long term is for him to replace Suarez but he seems to me more like a CAM/SS than a number 9. Maybe we can go back to the false 9 with Griezmann and Dembele on the wings?

It is a very good deal purely from a value standpoint. He's worth at least 140 in this market.

Still not too sure about this but judging by the fact that they haven't even given Coutinho the number 7, the deal is done and has been for weeks now. Hope Valverde is able to figure it out.

Last edited:

Jombi

He's forced a lot to come down deep and defend like a defensive Midfielder or try to get the ball forward.

Atletico's supply from the midfield is about as dry as a desert, it's expected for him to struggle trying to score. Here he will finally play with players who can supply him the goods and he doesn't have to worry about consistently having to create chances for himself out of thin air.

Actually, he has to play as a defensive midfielder if we are to keep some type of balance in the team with Messi, Suarez, Dembele and Coutinho all there as well. People who say we can just rotate these players with super high wages are totally unrealistic IMO. Valverde is almost certainly going to be forced to play an unbalanced team.

Home of Barca Fans