Antoine Griezmann

M

MessiCam

We have officially been Bilbao’d... Barça fans talking about a 4 man midfield.

I can’t believe what I’m reading here. Lol.

vlad

Kante is not required, what's needed is a controlling midfield player, paulinho provides the physical element if needed.

Paulinho shouldnt have place in first 11, he is praised because he scored not because he offers alot in midfield

JamDav1982

As opposed to Barca fans telling us all season how Valverde is clueless and will get beat by any decent team.

Barca have played with a four man midfield plenty under both Pep and Cruyff anyway.

vlad

As we can see, valverde is doing good without classic 4-3-3, why he should change? Barca is running away with the legaue, we will see in CL, but how much 4-3-3 formation were doing in CL after best barca generation in history? isnt the time for some changes? Why should coach always adapt to barca and not otherwise?

JamDav1982

As we can see, valverde is doing good without classic 4-3-3, why he should change? Barca is running away with the legaue, we will see in CL, but how much 4-3-3 formation were doing in CL after best barca generation in history? isnt the time for some changes? Why should coach always adapt to barca and not otherwise?

It is not a strict 4-4-2 anyway other then when defending.

More or less dont play with a LM as Alba takes the space while Iniesta plays more as a CM than anything.

Barca dont play a front two either really. Messi is more or less free to go where he wants and Suarez will some times drift to left a bit.

Sometime on the RM is a winger sometimes there is another CM to give width to the full back.

Barca are far more fluid than a 4-4-2 it is just the easiest way to put a label on the set up.

Valverde has kept to the possession based principles of Barca and being on front foot to win the game anyway and that is more the Barca philosophy than any formation.

serghei

It is not a strict 4-4-2 anyway other then when defending.

More or less dont play with a LM as Alba takes the space while Iniesta plays more as a CM than anything.

Barca dont play a front two either really. Messi is more or less free to go where he wants and Suarez will some times drift to left a bit.

Sometime on the RM is a winger sometimes there is another CM to give width to the full back.

Barca are far more fluid than a 4-4-2 it is just the easiest way to put a label on the set up.

Valverde has kept to the possession based principles of Barca and being on front foot to win the game anyway and that is more the Barca philosophy than any formation.

Yea, only time when the compact 4-4-2 is visible is when we take a more reactive approach, in the sense that we would play a conservative 2 line defense with Messi and Suarez top.

Vilarrubi

When a WC forward comes along at a decent price you need to take the opportunity. Barca need to sign him.

+1

If we get him for 100m it will seem a bargain compared to the next transfer window prices.

I expect above average players to be going for near that.

VVD for Liverpool was only 15m less.

vlad

+1

If we get him for 100m it will seem a bargain compared to the next transfer window prices.

I expect above average players to be going for near that.

VVD for Liverpool was only 15m less.

Because psg and barca destroyed market, psg with 200m for neymar, barca 150m for a talent, after this of course average player will cost 70m+

RMU ReBorn

:pep:

26903773_10155477272203732_4570018507937515873_n.jpg

JamDav1982

Because psg and barca destroyed market, psg with 200m for neymar, barca 150m for a talent, after this of course average player will cost 70m+

Nope.

Southampton were rejecting bids of around 65/70m last summer for VVD before any of those transfers.

Barca have not destroyed any market as they have spent money received.

You seem like you would be happier if Barca had shit team and refused to spend.

Vilarrubi

True... but there’s no point dwelling over it. It is how is it now.. the teams who don’t pay current market prices will fall behind.

Zincubus

Banned
Whilst I'd be more than happy to get Griezmann for £100 million in the summer ...

I'm just unsure why you're all so confident he will chose us when he will obviously get far better personal terms elsewhere .. it appears to be nonsense that we have an agreement for him - both clubs have just days ago said there is NO agreement in place .... In fact there seems to be an air of animosity between both teams ..

JamDav1982

Whilst I'd be more than happy to get Griezmann for £100 million in the summer ...

I'm just unsure why you're all so confident he will chose us when he will obviously get far better personal terms elsewhere .. it appears to be nonsense that we have an agreement for him - both clubs have just days ago said there is NO agreement in place .... In fact there seems to be an air of animosity between both teams ..

If he get better terms elsewhere then he can go somewhere else.

To spend 100m more just to avoid that is ridiculous.

Losing him in summer is better scenario than paying 200m now.

behindbrowneyes

Not long time ago the club made a statement that they did not contact Valverde.

There is too much fuss going around the name of Griezmann. He always said he prefers Spain over EPL because of lifestyle, quality of life etc. The only Spanish club he can move to is Barcelona. Don't expect an agreement between Barcelona and Atlético in the next months as long as we fight for titles with them. All it takes is an agreement between Barcelona and Griezmann/his representatives. If Griezmann knows that our interest is serious he can block all the interest shown by other clubs.

Barcelona will show respect to Atlético and make a move after the season is over. Chances are better then to reach an agreement apart from the buyout-clause in order to save taxes.

Home of Barca Fans