Antoine Griezmann

FCMessi

The occasional poaching seem to be ALL what he can offer.

100m make shift striker behind Braithwait and possibly Martinez.

henias

Griezmann is man of the match for anyone with a decent understanding of the sport in this game. Other decent candidate would be Ter Stegen.

Any person with a decent understanding of the sport knows he is hurting the game alot. Yeah he had 1 goal. But literally he had 0 dribbles 0 key passes, absolutely nothing. And this is the easiest of tap ins because you could see Napoli's defence shut off momentarily, and left a huge gap of space. If Messi and Suarez or even Rakitic had a performance like that but scored one goal, you and the other guy (i wont name who), would be singing the same tune and be on them like a hound. And you even tried to make it seem like he scored the goal outside the 18 yard box and out of position.

I'm pretty sure this one goal won't change that we play with literally 10 men offensively. Many times Messi struggle without any support upfront.

We are supposed to have a player who can help Messi more, yet he is always passing or running back and not doing his duty as an attacker. Tell me how are we supposed to benefit from any of this?

You are a Valverde critic like me and yet playing conservative seems to be absolutely fine for a player you like.

Raki13

Ladyboy would be more suited in the ladies team.

Doesnt even look as though he wants to be in the team , and the rest of the team dont seem to like the guy.

Another terrible waste of cash.

Ahmedd

Ladyboy would be more suited in the ladies team.

Doesnt even look as though he wants to be in the team , and the rest of the team dont seem to like the guy.

Another terrible waste of cash.

Have you watched any training session since he joined ? He seems to have fun.

The problem with French players in general is that after a big achievement they tend to do less. Look at French NT post 2000 and the shit show they gave us in 2002 WC.

Since 2018 WC Mbappe, Umtiti, Griezmann... Etc perform less.

Dembele is a terrible waste of cash. Not Griezzman : Has been involved 12 times (8G/4A) in 24 games. Not as good as he should be but way better than some recent signings.

He scored yesterday in crucial away game too. He is getting there, give him time.

BBZ8800

Have you watched any training session since he joined ? He seems to have fun.

The problem with French players in general is that after a big achievement they tend to do less. Look at French NT post 2000 and the shit show they gave us in 2002 WC.

Since 2018 WC Mbappe, Umtiti, Griezmann... Etc perform less.

Dembele is a terrible waste of cash. Not Griezzman : Has been involved 12 times (8G/4A) in 24 games. Not as good as he should be but way better than some recent signings.

He scored yesterday in crucial away game too. He is getting there, give him time.

It is not about French players.
Majority of people and players are like that.

Look at Spain after 2012.
Look at Barca's amigos after 2012'.

That is a huge problem:
= once after you win everything, what to do?
It is hard to sell/replace those players right away because you (a coach) will be kind of an asshole for stabbing in the back players who brought you all the success.
If you keep those players, in probably 90% of cases, all you will get is a downfall and a Titanic-ending.

It is awesome when you win.
But what do to after that is a real question?

We (Barca) are in that phase currently.
For more or less 8 years and it will continue for a few more years at least.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That moment when the ball was squared to him onto his right foot, gotta be honest - I was pretty convinced he was going to bottle that finish considering his form of late. But calmly & confidently executed. Between the lines in tight spaces, Ivan struggles to impose himself unlike Arthur - otherwise we should've been able to exploit Napoli defensively more like it was done with the goal. Unfortunately, we were simply too narrow - over & over again

MagIX

BBZ: I agree with you post above and I add: it's also a matter of cycles: a cycle of a winning team lasts 4-5 years, then is over.
Not only because the players have won everything, but also because the opponents have decoded the game/tactics and found solutions, the cycle ends.

vuji_31

Napoli must really suck if even the slowest team managed to score at their home ground.

Yeah, we were infuriatingly slow most of the game. And still, we got a draw away. What does that say about the other team? And please, don't bother writing you don't care about them and you care only about Barca, this is bs.

I am comparing Barcelona to Liverpool or City where should we be...Not flop team from Seria A.
I undestand that Napoli was playing like Atletico first half.

I was watching some coaches review after yesterdays Barcelona.
This team was playing 10 years possesion and pressing.This team has lack of young hungry players that can play without ball.

It was video from yesterdays game and it was one minute of our players just passing the ball around and not even one player was running.They were just staying in the place and watched.

We will pass Napoli but we will be demolished by team with high number of attacks and pressing.

Ahmedd

It is not about French players.
Majority of people and players are like that.

Look at Spain after 2012.
Look at Barca's amigos after 2012'.

That is a huge problem:
= once after you win everything, what to do?
It is hard to sell/replace those players right away because you (a coach) will be kind of an asshole for stabbing in the back players who brought you all the success.
If you keep those players, in probably 90% of cases, all you will get is a downfall and a Titanic-ending.

It is awesome when you win.
But what do to after that is a real question?

We (Barca) are in that phase currently.
For more or less 8 years and it will continue for a few more years at least.

My bad ,you're right, everyone tend to do that actually.

I think that Zidane tried to answer that question when he left RM in 2018. What to do after 3 CL in a row ? He tried to force a change to keep the team in a competitive mind set : We were good but it might not be the case now after those changes.

RM results that year showed that it wasn't enough.

I think that the easiest ways to keep a team competitve is :

- Making a team hungry for results by constantly bringing players that want to prove something
- Having a charismatic dictator like coach that players both fear and respect

The problem is how do you get those players ? How do you keep the cycle going ? La masia ?

A dictator like coach is great when everything is going well but as soon as the results don't follow...:lvg:

The only team that is trying to keep this working is Liverpool : Klopp is repected and feared. They have hungry players and the most important thing is that they have been so humiliated in the past that they are craving titles.

I think that it's impossible to keep any team on top forever. We have to accept the cycle concept and work / anticipate to exit bad phases as quickly as possible.

FinBarcelonafan

This board sometimes, man... People cry because we need someone to finish chances in the CL (especially away), then Griezmann does that and all of a sudden it's not enough... People ask for Suárez to press and help in defense, then Griezmann does exactly that and turns out it's not enough once again...

I'm not saying he is great and our savior, we all know Griezmann doesn't quite fit and what the consequences are, but come on, it won't kill to accept that even if not good enough overall, he is still contributing to the results of the team... Take him out and we are even more screwed...

True. The guy scored a goal in away match for Barca. That's a miracle right there. What else can you ask?

vuji_31

In this team even Messi feels bad in away games. We need to realize we are not favorite against any team in CL.

Do you remember games against PSV or even Slavia Prag. Even bad opponents made problems to us with shit players that can only run and press.
We were destroyed because our team is soaking press so well and we can not made fast transitions because we dont have wings.

My point is do not blaim Griezmann we have more problems then him.

serghei

BBZ: I agree with you post above and I add: it's also a matter of cycles: a cycle of a winning team lasts 4-5 years, then is over.
Not only because the players have won everything, but also because the opponents have decoded the game/tactics and found solutions, the cycle ends.

That's just not true. The team that had the solution to stop Pep's Barcelona was Chelsea in 2009. So this kind of dismantles your 'decoding' theory. Teams knew how to stop us back then as early as 2009. They just couldn't do it as long as we were still motivated, except very rarely.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That's just not true. The team that had the solution to stop Pep's Barcelona was Chelsea in 2009. So this kind of dismantles your 'decoding' theory. Teams knew how to stop us back then as early as 2009. They just couldn't do it as long as we were still motivated, except very rarely.

I think you have a point... If you look at what teams are doing to stop us now compared to what they did to stop us then, it's pretty much the same; physical play, high pressure and if all else fails park the goddamn bus, the difference now is we have an inferior, aging, unmotivated and complacent squad with a clueless board on top...

Obviously, no team can win forever, but our rebuilding could have been handled waaaay better...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I’ll give him full score for the commitment, but he is up there with Vini tonight when it comes to bad decisions.

Home of Barca Fans