Antoine Griezmann

serghei

Heavy rotation should be used if we end up with Suarez, Griezman, Messi and Dembele for the 3 spots. Every one of those is good enough to start on weekly basis. For CL however, we need more speed, so I would drop Suarez personally.

Coutinho needs to be sold or tried in midfield. No other option now.

FCBfan22

Heavy rotation should be used if we end up with Suarez, Griezman, Messi and Dembele for the 3 spots. Every one of those is good enough to start on weekly basis. For CL however, we need more speed, so I would drop Suarez personally.

Exactly my opinion.

But the name Ernesto and heavy rotation don't mix too well.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Every single executive needs to get booted if we can't manage to even sell Coutinho. Bartomeu said after the Liverpool defeat that there would be serious changes, and is instead backtracking to keep as many things the same as possible.

At bare minimum we should've sold Coutinho and Rakitic along with Boateng/Murillo. I would also have personally sold Suarez, Roberto, and one of Lenglet/Umtiti.

Instead we're only gonna have a slight chance of selling Coutinho, if even.

Donatello

I'm speechless, this board keeps reaching new heights day by day.

First, they won't replace Valverde.

Then, they won't buy a replacement for Suarez.

Then, they'd rather keep Rakitic to keep Valverde Happy.

Then, they'd panic buy a 120M 28 yo hybrid CF, without even thinking about other attackers.

Not to mention the 80%+ wage bill. (Yeah I know Messi makes a lot)

So, basically a board which has no direction whatsoever. Keeps panic buying players like toys. Keeps a manager because he is a puppet, won't upset the veterans (who might be gone in 2-3 years), and would rather play them over youngsters. And our finances are out of shape, wage bill fucked, stadium plans still on hold, no future planning after Messi.

There is nothing left to defend this board. Nothing..

Zidane82

I'm speechless, this board keeps reaching new heights day by day.

First, they won't replace Valverde.

Then, they won't buy a replacement for Suarez.

Then, they'd rather keep Rakitic to keep Valverde Happy.

Then, they'd panic buy a 120M 28 yo hybrid CF, without even thinking about other attackers.

Not to mention the 80%+ wage bill. (Yeah I know Messi makes a lot)

So, basically a board which has no direction whatsoever. Keeps panic buying players like toys. Keeps a manager because he is a puppet, won't upset the veterans (who might be gone in 2-3 years), and would rather play them over youngsters. And our finances are out of shape, wage bill fucked, stadium plans still on hold, no future planning after Messi.

There is nothing left to defend this board. Nothing..
Plus didn’t the players ‘vote’ against Griezman??

xXKonan

Valverde is going to set up a new front three of Griezmann-Suarez-Messi.

It will be very Narrow and Griezmann will obviously be the fall guy and he will probably end up like Coutinho aka he's not a god damn Winger. Expecting the Fullbacks to somehow only be the only guys to be providing the width is frankly suicidal and it all it will take is for a team to press Roberto/Semedo Alba/LB to force them to retreat back into our half because they won't be able to go forward.

Griezmann isn't a pure striker but I think he may have some sort of flexibility in some way but not as in trying to play him as a "Winger" so Suarez can play. I could understand the idea of having Griez and Messi Swap positions around from False 9/RWF with Dembele/Winger help providing some danger out wide but I highly doubt Valverde can pull that off.

BBZ8800

Valverde is going to set up a new front three of Griezmann-Suarez-Messi.

It will be very Narrow and Griezmann will obviously be the fall guy and he will probably end up like Coutinho aka he's not a god damn Winger. Expecting the Fullbacks to somehow only be the only guys to be providing the width is frankly suicidal and it all it will take is for a team to press Roberto/Semedo Alba/LB to force them to retreat back into our half because they won't be able to go forward.

Griezmann isn't a pure striker but I think he may have some sort of flexibility in some way but not as in trying to play him as a "Winger" so Suarez can play. I could understand the idea of having Griez and Messi Swap positions around from False 9/RWF with Dembele/Winger help providing some danger out wide but I highly doubt Valverde can pull that off.

1. La liga is a main priority.
That trio plus Dembele should be fine.
2. Cl, Messi will be 33, Suarez 33, Pique 33, Vidal 33. Raki and Busi 32.
I mean, regardless of a change or two in a lineup, do you think that this team will be able to outrun English teams in 11 Months time?
I don't think so.
3. Further, what nobody is mentioning: why are you trying to build a team around Messi and his strengths anymore?
He will be 33 next summer.
He could announce a retirement or going home to Argentina next summer.
Or he could get a long term injury and end his career soon.

So, instead of looking at: how can Messi and Griezmann play together, maybe we should look at it: can Griezmann play good for 4-5 years since we will need him as a leader post-Messi.

Messi is not CR7 in terms of physique and motivation.
Nobody knows how much will he regress in this season.
What if Messi will get tired often (or injured)?
Then Griezz will play on Messi's position, Dembele as a winger and someone as a Cf.

Messi and Suarez won't be here for too long.
Griezz-Suarez-Messi is probably a short term solution for one season or even shorter than that.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

maybe it is good there is a little tension in the squad and internal comp. maybe they have been too comfortable.

I like the AG move. He is better in multiple player combo/play than neymar or hazard, though not as explosive individually as those 2. i think AG is a much more complimentary piece than coutinho. AG i think can play well with Messi and suarez or messi and dembele.

de jong and griezmann is a hell of start to infuse the squad with elements we were in short supply.

l would like to see valverde, busi, countinho and rakitic go with others coming in--but that is too radical for barca leadership.

MTL_Barca

They will just shove him into LW position trying to recreate MSN and then wonder why it doesn't work as well with Griezmann instead of peak Neymar and old turtle version of Suarez.

Maybe the year after that when Suarez is finished for good and Valverde is hopefully finally gone we'll see a bit of innovation.

VN10

People are going to adore EV after next season as he is going to win the tripple.

Ter Stegen
Roberto/Semedo - Pique - De Ligt - Alba
De Jong - Vidal - Busquets
Messi - Griezmann - Dembele

Laplacian

There's no one else on the market man. Literally no one else.

When there's no one on the market you refrain from making buys then, not spend 120m on a player that won't even tactically fit. I hope to fucking god Griezmann came here to play CF, anything other than that will be a shitshow.

Home of Barca Fans