Antoine Griezmann

Giginho75

Once again, he can't dribble, he's slow and he's not creative. He can't be a great winger, striker or false nine. The only position he excels requires the team to build around him and that's not going to happen.

I don't understand this "it's too soon" mentality. He doesn't fit, and that'll be the reality until Messi retires. So cut our losses and replace him with someone who does.

No dribbling
No assist
No speed
No creativity

Nothing of Nothing!
What a mediocre player this Griezmann!!!

LABarcaFan

Once again, he can't dribble, he's slow and he's not creative. He can't be a great winger, striker or false nine. The only position he excels requires the team to build around him and that's not going to happen.

I don't understand this "it's too soon" mentality. He doesn't fit, and that'll be the reality until Messi retires. So cut our losses and replace him with someone who does.

Can't agree anymore.. ... ....
You have sad it, I would like to repeat one more time. Griezmann will not be the right fit for this Barca team until Messi is around. And as I see it, Leo will be here at least 2 more years.So no need to wait. Griezmann has tried all 3 positions in our front line and has not excelled in even one. On March 01/2020 he will turn 29. The best case scenario for both sides would be to sell him this summer and with that money to sign Lautaro Martinez. 120 millions of euro thrown in vain from our board of idiots.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I dont see why they dont try him in the same role they gave Vidal today. He has the lungs for it, is good defensively too and is a better goal scorer. Give him the freedom Vidal had to run around and bounce off the front three.

Fairly old post , but imo thats the only way he can salvage his career here at Barca. (even though Im up for selling him if there is a great offer)

It's not like Vidal is getting any younger and with the board and Abidal going full retard this year , it means there are other position that need strengthening. So if by some miracle he flourishes in that B2B role that's one less position to worry about.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Fairly old post , but imo thats the only way he can salvage his career here at Barca. (even though Im up for selling him if there is a great offer)

It's not like Vidal is getting any younger and with the board and Abidal going full retard this year , it means there are other position that need strengthening. So if by some miracle he flourishes in that B2B role that's one less position to worry about.

How about we just buy an actual b2b midfielder and stop trying to wedge griezmann into weird roles because we're afraid to admit we royally fucked up? He's a fucking forward lol, not a midfielder.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
How about we just buy an actual b2b midfielder and stop trying to wedge griezmann into weird roles because we're afraid to admit we royally fucked up? He's a fucking forward lol, not a midfielder.

How about you read what Im trying to say ?

Yes selling Griezmann would be ideal (voted yes in that " would you sell griezmann" poll aswell) , but just look how this board managed to sell Coutinho so easily. Griezmann is on huge wages and becoming 29 next month and I honestly can't this see clown board sell him for a good price ,especially if he keeps playing like this.

This team needs strengthening on several positions ( CB , LB , CAM , CF , LW) because Abidal and this board actually went full retard this year. No way can this happen in 1 transfer window (not even 2).

So if we can solve one problem by not buying anyone , that would be one position less to worry about.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He has the workrate for it, a decent pass and he can nick a goal from time to time. Im not saying he will guaranteed work in that role, but it doesn't hurt to try with how he is currently playing.

mc_lovin

Hes not the type of player to carry the ball forward. That alone disqualifies him for a back to back role. Even if you try him as an AM you end up with a bastardized version of one - he doesnt move like a midfielder at all.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I mean he doesn't move like an attacker either at Barca. :coffee:

You also got b2b who just cause chaos with their off ball movement in the pen box. (Beek, Paulinho etc come to mind). But it's still a fair point you made.

Ultimately I'm m still up for trying it, not much to lose with him going full Houdini upfront.

mc_lovin

I think his offensive movement is fine, he just lacks physicality, speed and dribbling ability ;D He would be perfect for prime Barcelona under Pep^^

Edit: My last hope for him would be something like Lautaro-Messi-Griezmann - that or a longterm Messi injury :angry:

Last edited:

henias

He has the workrate for it, a decent pass and he can nick a goal from time to time. Im not saying he will guaranteed work in that role, but it doesn't hurt to try with how he is currently playing.

He lacks too many aspects of it to be considered a b2b. He's extremely conservative and slow, physically weak, doesnt have powerful shots, no ball retention, zero dribbling and doesnt have great vision. All he has is workrate. Even his goals are results of him being very close to the goal, imagine him being a midfielder he would be too far from it and would have even more trouble shooting. The goals he has for Atletico is a cumulation of having a team do attacking work for him, drive the ball forward, having strong midfielders and strikers, and he usually be a second striker that nicks goals, penalties, set pieces from time to time. That's the best he could do. Asking him to be a striker or a midfielder would be asking him to swap roles with say, Diego Costa or Koke. Let's not also forget Barcelona's possession style is not the best for him, and is so polarising, in contrast t o systems of France and Atletico.

It doesn't hurt to try, yeah, but we might as well try him as a defender or a goalkeeper at this point, all just to force him in the lineup. After all it's Barcelona who screwed up on yet another signing, and it's really not fair to have a dysfunctional team. I rather see other younger players develop properly and be given a chance than to play like 10 men all the time. Even players like Roberto and Rakitic has alot of limitations to be considered in the starting lineup. Griezmann doesnt have to be treated different just because he is a "galatico signing"; he will have to be a sub player at the moment, especially if we decide to sign an attacker.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I agree with some of your points but your assessment of him is way too harsh. He might not be fast , but he isn't that slow either. His passing and vision is solid aswell.

This isn't about forcing him in the lineup. Barca lack a CAM and if he keeps playing as a forward the way he does now his value will only diminish. Do you seriously want to add antother 120 M of loss on top of the 360 M this club already has thrown ?

As I said in my previous post , there are several other positions that need strengthening that can't be done in 1 or even 2 transfer windows. All I'm saying is let him play a several games there for the coming games and see how it pans out.

Home of Barca Fans