Antoine Griezmann

Alik

Did he defended on any of the two goals we conceded yesterday? I only remember that he fucked up multiple passes and attacks. Otherwise what is it with people and forwards defending?
If I've wanted to see a forward defending I wouldn't have paid 220 mil for him!

You didn't pay anything for him.

Kul_z

You didn't pay anything for him.

😂

He has a point, but mistaken one. Every good team needs good defense, someone that you can rely on if shit goes bad. Griezmann tracks back like a madman, because he knows he fucked it up, misplaced pass or he wasnt there where he was supposed to be. To have griez at full potential he needs to be aware that he can try something extraordinary and if he fucks it up that is no biggie because the team have him covered. This team has none of that. If griez or any player besides messi loses the ball whole team goes full panic mode. Its stupid but it looks like nobody is prepared enough to deal with mistakes of others, it seems that if someone loses the ball thats not part of the plan and they all go chicken mode instantly. Mentality of this team is at the lowest point since god knows when. Nobody has full confidence in anyone besides messi, suarez(lmao) and ter stegen. And thats holy fuck wrong

PhilS

Well, on defense, he is excellent for a forward. On offense, he is completely lost, in sync with none of his teammates.

Devils

Only on Barcaforum would a player who will likely end the season with 20+ goals and 10+ assists while having a huge defensive contribution be labelled as a flop.

Franchise player, dawg.

Tackle

Only on Barcaforum would a player who will likely end the season with 20+ goals and 10+ assists while having a huge defensive contribution be labelled as a flop.

Franchise player, dawg.

Sorry mate, but I expect more than a Pedro level player for 120m. The Coutinho and and Dembele disasters seem to have lowered the bar for Griezmann and likely other future mega-money forward transfers as well.

malvolio

Nah it's OK. Should have paid at least 500 mil for a guy that scores regularly and is not invisible when it matters.

henias

But for a 120 mil "proven" player, he cant be only scoring against the likes of Leganes and Ibiza.

Needs to step up when it matters the most.

One worrying stat is he can't dribble to save his life, even against Leganes, and his heat map is really poor. Basically he doesnt do much with the ball which puts heavier responsibility on ageing Messi and possibly developing players like Ansu. Too little key passes as well as creating chances. And it's a misconception he does enough from having a few assists because the fact that he has so little key passes yet still has 4 assists in the league because he passes and layoff alot in the box. Basically the safest and nearest option and players like Messi or Suarez who are more capable of scoring.

Also another interesting stat, his performance and stats in the UCL is alot worse than in La Liga and Copa. I'm talking overall attacking output with goals and assists taken into consideration. Needs to step up as well. He has lesser clutch performances and goals than Suarez as well.

Basically his average ratings are as follows Copa > La Liga > UCL, which tells alot, and worth considering since he also struggles against some La Liga teams when the team have trouble attacking or in a tough away match.

Alot of us are not seeing the full picture and just want him to score here and there. Fine by me. But there simply cannot be double standards when he goes missing in tougher games.

There cant be excuses like he not playing dead center, it's on the coach, etc. Or be let off just because he "tracks back". Alot of the lot criticise Dembele and Coutinho but we kinda forgot Griez is bought with a hefty amount as well and supposedly a well developed star player. Expectations of him should be higher and not just stat padding. Some say the same about Cristiano but not Griezmann but CR7 scored in a lot of knockout stages and crucial games.

Until then, he needs to show up more and not go missing to be considered less of a flop.

And if someone tells me dribbling is not needed and defence from a forward is enough, then we are gonna suffer. Possession based football especially, NEEDS players to attack and create chances in every opportunity we can. Neymar back then attempted the most dribbles and chances in Europe and even more than Messi in 15/16 but we dont have to go to such lengths. But Griez apparently is an extreme case as well, since he literally cannot dribble much at all.

Last edited:

malvolio

Change the thread title to Flopnite.

20 mil a year to prance around and do flicks and tricks. Somebody tell him that this is not the Harlem Globetrotters.

Home of Barca Fans