Antoine Griezmann

Havesaks

Looks out of place. It's not about him not being worth 100-120m euro, but he isn't worth it unless he can play a supporting CF or CAM role. And he can't do that here. He played his absolute best football when Messi was injuried.

But Setien isnt as clueless with tactics and player "development" as Valverde, and I think he will make Griez perform at least a level better.

unless a club (PSG/PL-clubs) wanna throw at least 100m for him, we should keep him. All tho unlikely, he is an ideal Messi-backup if Leo gets injuried. And he is imo good enough to play as a LW for now.

BarcaVillain

Yeah, poor Antoine. Made to play second fiddle to the GOAT. Even when most of the time it is Messi who is trying to set him up so that he doesn't look like the greatest flop ever. Overrated French prima dona

Greatest flop ever? Playing wide in a position he's not played since about 4-5 years ago, for a team that demands an immaculate first touch and style of play, yet still almost has a 1 in 2 record. Only forward that works hard for the team. Poor Antione. Maybe it wasn't the right fit but there have been far worse than him this season.

malvolio

Well he is in contention at the moment. Sure, he at least tried something when comparing him with Coutinho or Dembele. But a worldclass player moving in the same league, to the best team? Forgive me if I expect something else...

bismp

I don’t consider him a flop (yet).The eye test may not be up to expectations,but he is bound to have a 20G/10A season,that’s pretty good IMO.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't really care about his numbers at large. What I want is a player who scores the only goal in a game where others don't. Suárez scoring 4 goals in 1 game to go goalless for 3 games is frustrating to say the least.

Winning 5-1 in Liga with Messi scoring 3 and Suárez 2, then 0-1 away win in CL knockouts with Griezmann scoring the only goal. Less than Messi and Suárez, but still more in a way.

Alik

I don't really care about his numbers at large. What I want is a player who scores the only goal in a game where others don't. Suárez scoring 4 goals in 1 game to go goalless for 3 games is frustrating to say the least.

Winning 5-1 in Liga with Messi scoring 3 and Suárez 2, then 0-1 away win in CL knockouts with Griezmann scoring the only goal. Less than Messi and Suárez, but still more in a way.

So like on Wednesday, when we would have been knocked out by Ibiza?

Or against Atletico, when we we lost 3-2.

Or Sociedad away, when we drew 2-2.

Griezmann is not just a stat padder.

Andresito

Staff member
So like on Wednesday, when we would have been knocked out by Ibiza?

Or against Atletico, when we we lost 3-2.

Or Sociedad away, when we drew 2-2.

Griezmann is not just a stat padder.

Yep exactly like that. I was vaguely referring to the post above which said he should reach 20 goals/10 assists. I value the importance of the goals.

Vilarrubi

Agree, big test will be Napoli away, for all the team not just Griezmann. On paper we should advance easily with Napoli's form, but away CL games are like our kryptonite.

Kul_z

He seems like the player we missed to advance further in both roma and anfield case. He is the type of player who would score at anfield at 2:0 or 3:0 down.

serghei

Griezmann is ok so far. But he can play even better. His workrate on top of his link-up and goals is very important for us.

Agree, big test will be Napoli away, for all the team not just Griezmann. On paper we should advance easily with Napoli's form, but away CL games are like our kryptonite.

Worst case scenario we struggle away big time like in the past and do them on Camp Nou. I'd be surprised to see us winning in Italy. Last time we've been convincing away in CL in a knockout game was during peak MSN. Against PSG I think was the last great performance, 3-1.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Funny how the main culprits are Arthur etc pp when our frontline is just utter shit. I wouldnt expect prime Xaviesta to create with these guys upfront (in this setup).

henias

0 shots 1 dribble, yep he can be better.

Excuses every after invisible performance: He played on left, he played on right, team didn't pass to him when he is in the centre, he needs more time.

Lets wait till he score against minnows to praise him again, for now we praise him based on linkup and workrate.

Blame Messi and Suarez all the time despite them carrying the team most of the time.

Least clutch goals for a player and most dependant on Messi but we happy as long as he scores here and there.

And yea cant expect midfield to perform with such a weak frontline.

Tackle

0 shots 1 dribble, yep he can be better.

Excuses every after invisible performance: He played on left, he played on right, team didn't pass to him when he is in the centre, he needs more time.

Lets wait till he score against minnows to praise him again, for now we praise him based on linkup and workrate.

Blame Messi and Suarez all the time despite them carrying the team most of the time.

Least clutch goals for a player and most dependant on Messi but we happy as long as he scores here and there.

And yea cant expect midfield to perform with such a weak frontline.

Have to agree to be honest.

We brought him in as proven world class player and to give us goals from a player not named Suarez or Messi. Lad has failed in both aspects and is still being given a pass halfway through the season. Like another poster mentioned earlier he is in his prime for a CF/SS, has been in Spain for close to decade, cost 120m etc. To be fair he has earned himself some leniency with his work rate and good decision making, but then again that's not why we brought him in for that price.

Never been much of a dribbler, but I did not expect him to be worse than 33 year crocked Suarez at beating his man for feck sake. His creative output leaves much to be desired and he's hardly been clinical. He is not a player with any "genius" either. Just a damp squib all-in-all.

Coutinho's first half-season with us and even Dembele's 1st half last season eclipses the level achieved by Griezmann thus far, and the former two are considered massive flops. Did I forget to mention he's turning 29 in two months? Shambolic planning by this board, but that's to be expected at this point.

Home of Barca Fans