Antoine Griezmann

henias

Was decent at best. Would say last game was one of his best but not by barca's standard. Mr play-it-safe will continue to churn out a chip goal once in a while, when he doesnt, will be hailed for his safe passing tendencies. Him being in Messi's role because of their similar playstyle will do less good.

1-0 against Espanyol isn't the most convincing. I would still try to sign an winger if possible.

malvolio

Was decent at best. Would say last game was one of his best but not by barca's standard. Mr play-it-safe will continue to churn out a chip goal once in a while, when he doesnt, will be hailed for his safe passing tendencies. Him being in Messi's role because of their similar playstyle will do less good.

1-0 against Espanyol isn't the most convincing. I would still try to sign an winger if possible.

that's what he mostly did for all of his career. scored the odd golazo and otherwise it's passes, tap-ins and penaldos. never was a goal scoring machine or game changer.

people like to talk about him as being worldclass, i beg to differ. a worldclass player would have made a serious impact at any club. griezmann is just a passenger since he joined. don't think he'll change things around. we badly need wingers.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
that's what he mostly did for all of his career. scored the odd golazo and otherwise it's passes, tap-ins and penaldos. never was a goal scoring machine or game changer.

people like to talk about him as being worldclass, i beg to differ. a worldclass player would have made a serious impact at any club. griezmann is just a passenger since he joined. don't think he'll change things around. we badly need wingers.

you haven't seen him at all for France and Atletico if you say that.

malvolio

you haven't seen him at all for France and Atletico if you say that.

i have seen enough, trust me. he is a system player that got lucky to have two defensive minded managers that understood they have to build their attacks around him.

i watch players from other teams and i've never really was in awe when griezmann played, even when he had a really good game. dimitri payet is twice as talented as him.

FinBarcelonafan

i have seen enough, trust me. he is a system player that got lucky to have two defensive minded managers that understood they have to build their attacks around him.

i watch players from other teams and i've never really was in awe when griezmann played, even when he had a really good game. dimitri payet is twice as talented as him.

Like you said, he is a system player. He is the perfect teammate but our system is the worst in football. Almost no player shines in this system. Basically nobody but Messi and Suarez to some extent. It's garbage.

Give him a good manager with good system, players who want to play a teamgame and he will shine.

He is the guy who will sacrifice his own game to win A game. Griezmann is about winning the game not scoring one golazo here and there like Suarez. Same could be said about Messi too.

Suarez and Messi wouldn't sacrifice shit anymore if it doesn't fit their game plan.

Griezmann has the professional attitude. No complaints even though he's been managed like garbage and the amigos run the show. I feel sorry for coming to Barca.

He made a bad choice joining Barca.

We need more players like Griezmann, especially with his attitude. Total professionals. He is not spoiled brat even though he's been top ten footballer in the world the past five years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nonsense.

World class players dont just have a 'serious impact' at any club.

Look at likes of KDB and Salah when at Chelsea.

Griezmann was better than Messi and Suarez last night without being great but in a team slow and lacking movement dont expect to get very best out of him.

malvolio

Like you said, he is a system player. He is the perfect teammate but our system is the worst in football. Almost no player shines in this system. Basically nobody but Messi and Suarez to some extent. It's garbage.

Give him a good manager with good system, players who want to play a teamgame and he will shine.

He is the guy who will sacrifice his own game to win A game. Griezmann is about winning the game not scoring one golazo here and there like Suarez. Same could be said about Messi too.

Suarez and Messi wouldn't sacrifice shit anymore if it doesn't fit their game plan.

Griezmann has the professional attitude. No complaints even though he's been managed like garbage and the amigos run the show. I feel sorry for coming to Barca.

He made a bad choice joining Barca.

well barca won't play to a system that suits griezmann. a system that suits messi? yes, but he is the all time best and a scoring/assist machine.

suarez and messi in their prime were goal scoring machines that terrorized defenses. griezmann in his prime was not on par with them, not even close.

bad decision all around, but it is more our blame for chasing a player that snubbed us at first.

World class players dont just have a 'serious impact' at any club.

Look at likes of KDB and Salah when at Chelsea.

yes, but KDB and salah were still young and didn't get chances. they were unknowns at that time. is not as if they went in their prime to chelsea.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

well barca won't play to a system that suits griezmann. a system that suits messi? yes, but he is the all time best and a scoring/assist machine.

suarez and messi in their prime were goal scoring machines that terrorized defenses. griezmann in his prime was not on par with them, not even close.

bad decision all around, but it is more our blame for chasing a player that snubbed us at first.

yes, but KDB and salah were still young and didn't get chances. they were unknowns at that time. is not as if they went in their prime to chelsea.

I agree that the system wont change to suit him as it will be based on slow plodding football to suit Messi and amigos.

Barca buying him to keep playing this way and compound it by playing him on wing for majority of season.

Put any world class player in this Barca team and their levels would drop dramatically and that includes KDB or Salah... both of whom also want pace, movement and options none of which get at Barca.

malvolio

Put any world class player in this Barca team and their levels would drop dramatically and that includes KDB or Salah... both of whom also want pace, movement and options none of which get at Barca.

there is also the barcelona factor. KDB or salah are used to playing fast and box to box because that is how the english teams play. also, not many teams park the bus against them.

you've seen against villareal how good we've looked because they didn't parked the bus. fast play, great combinations. we were world beaters.

dembele if not for his injuries looked pretty good in our team. i would even say that even with his low iq, he would have succeeded. so this really isn't the place were fast players come to bury their careers.

JamDav1982

there is also the barcelona factor. KDB or salah are used to playing fast and box to box because that is how the english teams play. also, not many teams park the bus against them.

you've seen against villareal how good we've looked because they didn't parked the bus. fast play, great combinations. we were world beaters.

dembele if not for his injuries looked pretty good in our team. i would even say that even with his low iq, he would have succeeded. so this really isn't the place were fast players come to bury their careers.

Teams park the bus vs Liverpool and City most weeks.

Both those teams have much more variety to break it down.

Liverpool can pepper the box with crosses from their full backs and have midielders that can get up park quickly to support them.

City as well give ball to KDB and allow him freedom to put balls into box and try to force openings.

Liverpool or City batter better teams sitting deep week in week out than that Espanyol side last night.

Barca playing slow allows teams to make it esy to get back in shape. Pique, Busquets, Messi all slow game down to their pace constantly.

Morten

Teams park the bus vs Liverpool and City most weeks.

Both those teams have much more variety to break it down.

Liverpool can pepper the box with crosses from their full backs and have midielders that can get up park quickly to support them.

City as well give ball to KDB and allow him freedom to put balls into box and try to force openings.

Liverpool or City batter better teams sitting deep week in week out than that Espanyol side last night.

Barca playing slow allows teams to make it esy to get back in shape. Pique, Busquets, Messi all slow game down to their pace constantly.

Are we talking about the same City team that has lost as many game as Arsenal this season?
They have less points then you guys in case you forgot, and they are one of the most inconsistent sides around considering their quality, 5-0 one match to a 0-1 loss the next, poor example.

JamDav1982

Are we talking about the same City team that has lost as many game as Arsenal this season?
They have less points then you guys in case you forgot, and they are one of the most inconsistent sides around considering their quality, 5-0 one match to a 0-1 loss the next, poor example.

Same City that most likely to put Real out of CL.

Yes same City.

They have been inconsistent in league but are better side than Barca and are on for 5 domestic trophies out of 6 and are up there with Bayern as favs for CL.

Last edited:

Morten

Same City that most likely to put Real out of CL.

Yes same City.

They have been inconsistent in league but are better side than Barca and are on for 5 domestic trophies out of 6 and are up there with Bayern as favs for CL.

Exactly the type of response i have come to except from you.

And still, you are wrong, City doesnt "batter teams week in week out", as can be seen by their poor form in the league.
Find a better example, next.

JamDav1982

Exactly the type of response i have come to except from you.

And still, you are wrong, City doesnt "batter teams week in week out", as can be seen by their poor form in the league.
Find a better example, next.

City wont the league with record points last season, are on for 5 trophies out of 6 domestically and look like putting Real out of CL and will be one of favs.

Lot of battering of teams has gone on. Dont you worry about that.

Home of Barca Fans