Antoine Griezmann

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It is fucking embarrassing. Level of celebrations is directly proportional to how much these guys spend on Instagram and in front of a PS4, which for French players in particular seems to be off the charts. Remember the blackface stuff? Some players just need to read a damn book every once in a while, lol.
It tells you exactly how out of place it is because it dies out so quick, just like the dabbing idiots eventually feeling embarrassed about doing it.

What is this take....... It feels like football fans are more uptight than any other sport in the world. You do realize that sports are about entertainment right???

At least sports in America revolve around the entertainment aspect of it. The trash-talking (both overt and subliminal), the funny celebrations, the banter between teammates, the cameraderie/collaboration between players from all teams (not just their own). It makes it more fun for the fans and for the players.

Plenty of athletes have been co-opting Fortnite emotes as celebrations. Dele Alli, Astros players, boxers, rugby players, etc. Dele Alli and Harry Kane even streamed Fortnite with Ninja, which is cool for fans and builds the brand both for football and for streamers/Fortnite. Griezmann is cringe for doing the L dance for every other goal he scores, but it's really no big deal in sports as a whole. And the blackface thing is completely innocent ffs, Griezmann is a MASSIVE NBA fan and literally one of the last guys in the entire sport I'd designate as racist or even racially insensitive. It's just a globetrotter outfit, who gives?

I remember looking at Griezmann's twitter a while back and the guy was liking tweets and replying to literally random no-name people about basketball discussions. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He's a video gamer, a sports fan, a funny guy in general. That's a very refreshing change of pace from all the boring cunts in this sport with absolutely 0 personality who live a straight, politically correct life. As if footballers aren't allowed to be fun. Others like Alves, Marcelo, Pogba, etc. should be applauded for being such vibrant, magnetic personalities in this sport. You call it being a "man-child" but I call it actually having a personality.

You know what is truly cringe though? Ronaldo and his celebrations that reek of self-obsession and delusions of grandeur. Things that he must practice for hours staring at himself in the mirror, probably even has some background music in his head :lol:. THAT's a guy who takes himself wayyyy too seriously, and it's genuinely cringeworthy to see.

Last edited:

El Guaje

It is fucking embarrassing. Level of celebrations is directly proportional to how much these guys spend on Instagram and in front of a PS4, which for French players in particular seems to be off the charts. Remember the blackface stuff? Some players just need to read a damn book every once in a while, lol.
It tells you exactly how out of place it is because it dies out so quick, just like the dabbing idiots eventually feeling embarrassed about doing it.

Something even more embarrassing is people taking everything too damn seriously. Oh he spends a lot of time on Instagram, PS4 and he is making funny dances from the most popular game in the world atm, so fucking what?
Just relax and dont waste energy on insignificant shit like how someone celebrates his goals.

Joan

If football is just about fun, why bother? Why take it seriously? There are many thing to remember, look at after... prioritising your hobby over team just makes me sad. Don't. Spoil. The. Moment.

El Gato

Villarato!
Something even more embarrassing is people taking everything too damn seriously. Oh he spends a lot of time on Instagram, PS4 and he is making funny dances from the most popular game in the world atm, so fucking what?
Just relax and dont waste energy on insignificant shit like how someone celebrates his goals.

Takes absolutely no time or energy to write a few sentences about it. Apparently causes some of you guys anxiety if you feel obliged to reply to something that you deem so insignificant...

[MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION], man, you used to be so level headed.

Vibrant personalities, lol.

You've admitted Griez's dance is cringe so stick to your gut feeling. If it's cringe, he's acting like a fool, a court jester, a person designed to not be taken seriously. If he's acting like a fool on a regular basis, it becomes something normal. As a result, we get a generation of players and kids acting and looking like complete idiots. It's a failure of education and upbringing, and applies to a whole crop of players you've named. Players who you can tell just by the way they speak and the way they dress, that they never read a book and would grow up to be nobodies if not for their talent to kick a ball.

Comparing Marcelo who's a club captain and is a completely different person, a throwback to Brazil's golden age, the samba days, is a joy to watch. Even Alves to an extent, despite his repulsive instincts on the pitch.

And CR's celeb is probably even dumber, yes. He's had 3-4 of those, one dumber than the other. The last one at least has an element of crowd participation, even if it's something a gorilla in a zoo would do.

There are celebrations of great players which are unique, repeatable without feeling repetitive and are timeless i.e. Drogba, Kaka, Messi, Fenomeno, Di Maria/Bale. Something you'd put in a CL cinematic without thinking twice about it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
While I respect your opinion on the celebrations, don't you think you're being too harsh? It's just a dance from the worlds' biggest video game.

El Flaco

Personally, I really couldn't give a shite about a player doing a Fortnite goal celebration...

Still doesn't overshadow the fact that Griezmann is an excellent footballer who would be a huge upgrade over the current Luis Suárez. We'll only care about his performances once Griezmann joins us.

And that's what matters at the end of the day.

Vilarrubi

Personally, I really couldn't give a shite about a player doing a Fortnite goal celebration...

Still doesn't overshadow the fact that Griezmann is an excellent footballer who would be a huge upgrade over the current Luis Suárez. We'll only care about his performances once Griezmann joins us.

And that's what matters at the end of the day.

+1

Never played the game, never seen the dance before.. but if he comes to Barca and performs at a good level for us he can do that celebration every time for all I care.

El Gato

Villarato!
While I respect your opinion on the celebrations, don't you think you're being too harsh? It's just a dance from the worlds' biggest video game.

Probably it is just that to Griez himself and most fans who don't delve deeper and brush it off.

I like doing these pseudo-intellectual comments on things that don't seem to carry an importance to anybody else. Anything a person does tells us something about their personality. Quiet players who aren't vocal are probably more introverted than others. Players who get in the face of others are more confrontational. By the same measuring stick, players who do goofy dances or paint their hair green at a whim are more likely to be vain as fuck. There are those that have a dumb way to celebrate, but you can tell it enhances some of their characteristics i.e. CR, who flexes his shit and feeds the image of his perceived "physical perfection". At least it'll feed into his underpants business or whatever. Appealing to a video game/social media demographic may attract a gamer or two, but it's one of the most socially weak groups of people you could ever see. If society was built of men of that sort, we'd get completely ruined.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Appealing to a video game/social media demographic may attract a gamer or two, but it's one of the most socially weak groups of people you could ever see. If society was built of men of that sort, we'd get completely ruined.

There's nothing wrong with videogames. It's a form of entertainment, like television or film. I'll agree with you on social media though.

El Gato

Villarato!
There's nothing wrong with videogames. It's a form of entertainment, like television or film. I'll agree with you on social media though.

In principle, no. But it takes up as much time for some people as social media. And when you combine the two ahead of, say, reading? IMO there are hobbies and there more responsible hobbies.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Probably it is just that to Griez himself and most fans who don't delve deeper and brush it off.

I like doing these pseudo-intellectual comments on things that don't seem to carry an importance to anybody else. Anything a person does tells us something about their personality. Quiet players who aren't vocal are probably more introverted than others. Players who get in the face of others are more confrontational. By the same measuring stick, players who do goofy dances or paint their hair green at a whim are more likely to be vain as fuck. There are those that have a dumb way to celebrate, but you can tell it enhances some of their characteristics i.e. CR, who flexes his shit and feeds the image of his perceived "physical perfection". At least it'll feed into his underpants business or whatever. Appealing to a video game/social media demographic may attract a gamer or two, but it's one of the most socially weak groups of people you could ever see. If society was built of men of that sort, we'd get completely ruined.
Not every person who plays video games are deep gamers. The average person nowadays play trendy video games, his celebration are pretty relatable so it doesn’t appeal a gamer or two. Now social media on the other hand we can talk, cause IMO it can be as narcissistic as CR’s celebrations (Neymar).

Home of Barca Fans