Antoine Griezmann

jamrock

Is he the worst player in the history of football?. I Don't know I'm just asking questions, but he isn't far off

snowy

Stinks up that wing. I legit reckon he stinks just gives me that vibe.

Sell!

He's very popular with the vox populi in China.They call him Durian Guimann in Guiyang. They even named an avenue after him where vendors of Musan King gather at dawn.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Best compliment I can give him is that he's been a better transfer than Hazard. :shrug:

Atleast Real can expect more from Hazard next season while Griezmann already showed us his full skills. He will go down as one of the biggest flop in Barca history like Arda Turan, Coutinho, Dembele (?) and Boateng.

henias

Where's the Griezmann gang that constantly say he's gonna turn up like a godsend in the CL? Awfully quiet in here.

Guess the narrative now is that he's gonna turn up against Bayern :coffee:

henias

Well,he did deliver more in CL than Suarez in the past five years. Away goal. That was worth a lot.

If you look plainly at numbers, yeah. But put it into context. that was a tap-in any decent forward should score.

And if you put things into perspective, having that utterly plain stat of one goal from one match doesn't tell anything. "Being better than Suarez" is overused and not a valid argument, as many players themselves has delivered more, having played lesser minutes and are currently still inexperienced. Griezmann still haven't been consistent despite playing so much for a "world class" player.

It also surely doesnt guarantee anything in the future since he has put out poor performances most of the time.

I'm also talking about how people are entirely sure and almost confident he will come useful in the coming matches, not what focusing on what he has done so far.

Besides that, the same people who wanted to replace Messi, constantly criticising him and thinks we are better off with Griezmann.

FinBarcelonafan

If you look plainly at numbers, yeah. But put it into context. that was a tap-in any decent forward should score.

And if you put things into perspective, having that utterly plain stat of one goal from one match doesn't tell anything. "Being better than Suarez" is overused and not a valid argument, as many players themselves has delivered more, having played lesser minutes and are currently still inexperienced. Griezmann still haven't been consistent despite playing so much for a "world class" player.

It also surely doesnt guarantee anything in the future since he has put out poor performances most of the time.

I'm also talking about how people are entirely sure and almost confident he will come useful in the coming matches, not what focusing on what he has done so far.

Besides that, the same people who wanted to replace Messi, constantly criticising him and thinks we are better off with Griezmann.

I'm not defending Griezmann because I think he is a wrong fit for this team with Messi on it. We are wasting his talents and we should swap him with Neymar. I think it makes sense for the both sides.

Griez was bought for the wrong reasons.

His goal vs Napoli was very crucial though.

henias

I'm not defending Griezmann because I think he is a wrong fit for this team with Messi on it. We are wasting his talents and we should swap him with Neymar. I think it makes sense for the both sides.

Griez was bought for the wrong reasons.

His goal vs Napoli was very crucial though.

Every goal is just as crucial, an away goal just happened to have more weightage.

Constantly harping on that one goal doesn't mean much.

For the amount of minutes he has played in the CL, the amount of goals he has still fall flat. He is literally worse than most players.

Also, I still don't think he has that much of a talent, its just his skillset. Wrong fit is one thing, but a player who is scared to shoot or dribble, constantly backpasses is another.

Mitchell1978

He is and was a terrible fit on this team absolutely not what bar?a needs from a forward/winger (speed, dribbling ability).

Plenty of people here have said it before he was bought, there were reports parts of the Bar?a sporting department opposed the transfer but Barto pushed it through.

It baffles me that there are still reporters who don't understand.

Home of Barca Fans