Antoine Griezmann

jamrock

Ain't no one in history spends $120m in a striker/forward after all his antics the season before,& pays him $20m, for him to work hard and score 1 away champions league goal, dude doesn't fit and should have gone to somewhere like man utd.

The club has spent half a billion dollars on 3 players, who either 1) needs to play the Messi role to Excel (griezman, coutinho) or 2) plays bettter on the right, where messi starts but never stays there (dembele).

They have all been flops and for me he is the biggest flop of the lot, because of what he did the summer before, after all that you damn well better come here and produce, consistently!.

If we were smart we would have bought someone like son, who also works hard, would have cost less, and I guarantee would have produced more on the field.

Also from a marketing prospective would have given us excellent exposure in the Asian market, marketing and being someone like a pop star his clearly something griezman cares about, with all his antics and even in this regard, son would have been better for the club.

BarçaBarça

Ain't no one in history spends $120m in a striker/forward after all his antics the season before,& pays him $20m, for him to work hard and score 1 away champions league goal, dude doesn't fit and should have gone to somewhere like man utd.

The club has spent half a billion dollars on 3 players, who either 1) needs to play the Messi role to Excel (griezman, coutinho) or 2) plays bettter on the right, where messi starts but never stays there (dembele).

They have all been flops and for me he is the biggest flop of the lot, because of what he did the summer before, after all that you damn well better come here and produce, consistently!.

If we were smart we would have bought someone like son, who also works hard, would have cost less, and I guarantee would have produced more on the field.

Also from a marketing prospective would have given us excellent exposure in the Asian market, marketing and being someone like a pop star his clearly something griezman cares about, with all his antics and even in this regard, son would have been better for the club.

Son would have cost double.

malvolio

Exactly! Don't know when we turned into a charity for French prima donnas

serghei

It doesn't seem to fit at all in this Barca team, I'd sell or even swap asap.

There is no player that fits the current Barca team, outside 2-3 names that are impossible to sign.

We should keep everyone and sign few if any players and keep the money for when the cycle is truly over. Then we can properly integrate the players we will sign. We are 2 more seasons short of a proper rebuild.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is no player that fits the current Barca team, outside 2-3 names that are impossible to sign.

We should keep everyone and sign few if any players and keep the money for when the cycle is truly over. Then we can properly integrate the players we will sign. We are 2 more seasons short of a proper rebuild.

One more season. In one season all the deadweight in the squad will be gone and hopefully gives the likes of Busquets the perspective needed for them to move on.

This team have a lot of holes. At LB, CB, RB, Creative CM, LW, ST.

Need to strengthen in almost every damn position. Instead of going for Lautaro they'd do well getting a CB, RB and CM this summer.

What Inter want for him is outrageous. Even more so if Lautaro or any other striker is signed and pushed to the wings because Suarez with one functional leg need to play every game.

serghei

One more season. In one season all the deadweight in the squad will be gone and hopefully gives the likes of Busquets the perspective needed for them to move on.

This team have a lot of holes. At LB, CB, RB, Creative CM, LW, ST.

Need to strengthen in almost every damn position. Instead of going for Lautaro they'd do well getting a CB, RB and CM this summer.

What Inter want for him is outrageous. Even more so if Lautaro or any other striker is signed and pushed to the wings because Suarez with one functional leg need to play every game.

It is impossible to know how many of these holes are a product of current situation at the club. If the situation is changed, and we fully commit to a rebuild, the holes might not seem that big, or might not exist at all in some cases.

I think we need a central defender, a midfielder and 2 forwards. For a first season in our rebuilding phase. Fullback situation is a faux problem imo, and only exists because we basically have no wingers, or players who like playing wide. Leaving our fullbacks to do too much offensively on their own.

In 2 years we will also have a clearer glimpse regarding Dembele and Fati.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Going to get fuck all for Coutinho or Dembele in this market. Almost as well just keeping them and seeing if can get going under Setien.

The chase for Lautaro and could well weaken squad. If cant sell and cant spend below is stronger than will end up with trying to force through sales/transfers in this market.

DM/CM - FDJ/Arthur/Roberto/Busquets
AM - Coutinho/Pedri (or Alena/Collado depending on pre season)

FW -Messi/Trincao Griezmann/Suarez Dembele/Fati

Trim down squad and have - Neto, Wague, Semedo, Todibo, Rakitic, Firpo, Rafinha, Vidal, Braithwaite, Puig, Collado, Monhcu, Miranda all on market even if paid loans.

Last edited:

jamrock

I agree with jamdav we should just bring back coutinho and give setien, all our "best" players to choose from and hope he has the tactical acumen to develop the side and the balls to play the best performing players.

Wasting another 100m on a forward is the last thing we should be doing right now.

LABarcaFan

Today's news from UK are that Chelsea and Tottenham are willing to take Coutinho on loan. Barcelona is asking for 10 M. pounds loan fee plus the buyer has to pay his full wages. I think, that is the better way for us. 10 M. is not that much of a money, but we will get rid of his high monthly salary and that can help big time. As mentioned before, Newcastle and Leicester are also options for loan for the Brazilian.

Barcilliant

Today's news from UK are that Chelsea and Tottenham are willing to take Coutinho on loan. Barcelona is asking for 10 M. pounds loan fee plus the buyer has to pay his full wages. I think, that is the better way for us. 10 M. is not that much of a money, but we will get rid of his high monthly salary and that can help big time. As mentioned before, Newcastle and Leicester are also options for loan for the Brazilian.

Any other club would have sold Coutinho. We have to keep loaning him. I say give him another chance.

Messi983

Any other club would have sold Coutinho. We have to keep loaning him. I say give him another chance.

Not if he would be on the same wages he's here. That's the main reason we have problems to sell him.

If we can't sell him I prefer another loan just so we can free up some money from his salary.

Home of Barca Fans