Antoine Griezmann

Messigician

After careful analysis I predict he will flip here

Has the exact same strengths and weaknesses as Dybala who cannot play with Messi as they occupy the same position.

120m down the drain and we pissed off Atletico great.

This is now we should have acted if the board were smart. All in for Neymar by selling Coutinho Rakitic plus a lump sum. Reinforce CB and the left back position business done. Neymar Suarez Messi

Next season we will add Martinez to the starting lineup replacing Suarez. Neymar Martinez Messi.

Even if we sign Neymar we are stuck with Greaseman

Raketa10

After careful analysis I predict he will flip here

Has the exact same strengths and weaknesses as Dybala who cannot play with Messi as they occupy the same position.

120m down the drain and we pissed off Atletico great.

This is now we should have acted if the board were smart. All in for Neymar by selling Coutinho Rakitic plus a lump sum. Reinforce CB and the left back position business done. Neymar Suarez Messi

Next season we will add Martinez to the starting lineup replacing Suarez. Neymar Martinez Messi.

Even if we sign Neymar we are stuck with Greaseman

Griezmann is 10 times better player than Dybala.

BarçaBarça

[tw]1150523571715878918[/tw]

Alfredo Martinez says, the sporting staff envisions a Dembele-Griezmann-Messi Forward line for this upcoming season.

Valverde now for the first time has a World Class alternative to Suarez. He was mad about Paco and mad about Boateng. Now he has the guy, so now he must prove that he are willing to bench Suarez. People in here like to joke/protect themself from hurt by saying "Valverde will always do everything the same". But reports like these make me optimistic that Suarez will see substantial bench-time next season. That would be so great for the team and our chances in both the league + CL.

FinBarcelonafan

Valverde now for the first time has a World Class alternative to Suarez. He was mad about Paco and mad about Boateng. Now he has the guy, so now he must prove that he are willing to bench Suarez. People in here like to joke/protect themself from hurt by saying "Valverde will always do everything the same". But reports like these make me optimistic that Suarez will see substantial bench-time next season. That would be so great for the team and our chances in both the league + CL.

Quoted for the truth. We need Griez to replace Suarez.

MTL_Barca

Well i'm sure it was also "the sporting staff" that "envisioned" Coutinho being the successor of Iniesta but here we are.

I can totally see the club thinking like this. I mean they gave up on the idea of signing a CF somewhere midway through last season and now Griezmann joins instead so the idea of him replacing Suarez in some way must at least be there because otherwise there would be stacked wings with zero alternatives for 32 year old Suarez. But i wouldn't count on Valverde thinking the same.

Messi983

Suarez won't be "benched". He'll still start majority of the games. But with Griezmann here he should earn his minutes, be rested more and not play through injuries.

People are too occupied with this whole "starters" and "benching players" thing. We play 50-60 games so eventhough AG is here we'll still need Suarez at his best. And we'll need (hopefully finally healthy) Dembele as well. There will be rotations and with exception of Suarez other three players are versatile and can adapt to different positons/roles.

Griezmann has worked better when he had a traditional "9" (Costa in Atletico or Giroud in France NT) to occupy defenders so he'll still play a lot of games besides Suarez with Messi behind them. And I expect this will be the case a lot at the start of the season with Dembele coming off the bench when his speed could kill tired opponent defenders. But Griezmann also needed to do "Messi work" at Atletico (and a bit less in France NT) by dropping deep and pass to his teammates. Now he'll have Messi passing to him so he can play closer to the goal when Suarez won't play.

Of course a lot depends on if Dembele will be fit for more than 3 months. If he won't then MSG will play most games.

Zidane82

Looks like they’re all getting on ok in training ..there’s a funny clip trending showing Griezman getting nutmegged twice in as many seconds

:)

Laplacian

A non-Dembele post!

Seriously I know Griezmann is a great player but I agree with Henias: it's a buying a highly rated player when the position he excels at doesn't exist in Barcelona. Barcelona's once again hoping they'll be able to convert him into a new position, because hey he's world class he should be able to do it! I really hope Griezmann ends up being an incredible Aguero-level number 9 or else I'll fucking cry. Okay I won't, but if he doesn't it means our front 3 will be even more unbalanced for the next 5 years.

Messi also causes a shit ton of tactical issues, I'll be sad when he goes but also glad because it means we will finally be able to play with two fucking wingers again.

Home of Barca Fans