Antoine Griezmann

Potroh

A lot of what's wrong will be fixed by a competent manager.

But we already have a "competent" manager, who says on Griezmann:
"Being on the left isn't bad for left footers" - what can you expect from a brain like that???????????????

Potroh

You are a dumbass if you think a player will say anything negative about their manager, like what the fuck do you expect him to say?

Please read my post, or read what Valverde said about Griezmann and not vice versa...
I might be a 'dumbass' (with a slightly different spelling) but in this unimportant case it's your reaction that could imply your present mental state...

clemente

Please read my post, or read what Valverde said about Griezmann and not vice versa...
I might be a 'dumbass' (with a slightly different spelling) but in this unimportant case it's your reaction that could imply your present mental state...

My bad, I thought this is another post about squad backing the manager.

Donatello

It's no surprise he doesn't fit in here.

It was quite evident even before we got him. What's happening now is quite obvious.

Another brilliant signing from board. We would have been better off spending that money on Felix or Havertz.

It was quite evident even before we got him. What's happening now is quite obvious.

Another brilliant signing from board. We would have been better off spending that money on Felix or Havertz.

Felix would have been wonderful but he is playing so good under SIMEONE, who knows how he would play under VALVERDE ?

ebc_99

It has only been 1 game, Suarez took a while to settle in, its normal especially for players in their mid to late 20s. For Felix and guys his age, it is easier to adapt to new surroundings, but he hasn't even played in La Liga yet. I remember watching Cuenca is preseason in 2011 and thinking he was going to be amazing but it was only preseason and I don't even know where he is these days, Felix has done nothing yet. Griezmann has everything needed to be a great player for us, as does De Jong who didn't have a great game either

xxxxxx

He needs time, but I feel with the amount of bad signings we've made recently I don't think he'll get the time. The Barcelona fans will be on his back if he has a few more performances like this.

kollegah

should have skipped griezmann and splash straight cash to bring ney back.

only neymar or hazard are players to make barca better

Jadentheman

To be fair the board didn't know Ney wanted out till June. Had they known earlier I am 100% positive they would have ditched Griezmann and went after Neymar.

LABarcaFan

Griezmann's strongest foot is the right? Do you even watch football or just talking out of your ass? My God...

OK. Whatever you say. If his shooting foot is the left, then he should be playing as a right winger. Same as Messi, Dembele and M.Salah as an examples. Left winger shoots with the right foot. And that kind of a players are scorers. Player, who plays as a left winger and shoots with the left in most cases is not a big time scorer. He is more like a Left Attacking Midfielder. He prefers to just throw the ball in the penalty area and stay away from the heat.We don't need that kind of midfielder, because that position is already filled with Alba and Firpo. Yes, on paper they are listed as a left backs, but they both like to attack from the left side and create situations for the forwards. That is why, the board is still in negotiations with PSG for Neymar. He is a left winger, who knows his position and can shoot equally well with both feet.
The whole signing of Griezmann was unnecessary. It was big mistake from Barto and it will come back as a very costly one. A player who cost 120-130 million euros can not find his position on the field and you are blaming the coach for that? In the pre-season games, Valverde has tried him as a striker and on both wings ... with no positive result for the team.Barcelona needs LEFT WINGER and CENTRAL FORWARD to play alongside Leo. Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann does not want to play at the left. Suarez is a total mess. He is just watching the game from close distance. It is up to the board and the president to find the right players for the system .... and to find another coach, who does not rely that heavy on his already washed-up veterans.

We simply can't get transfers right. Well, we buy players to play out of position. If we want Griezmann to play LW, we should just have brought a LW.

That is the main problem of Barcelona. We just buy NAMES and very, very expensive ones. Instead of looking for the positions we need to fill and upgrade. Damn it. I will prefer one or even two trophy-less seasons, but to rebuild this team with young talents like De Jong and J.Firpo and get back to the top of La Liga, Europe and the World.

Where are people expecting him to play?

When Messi and Suarez are back fit, LW for Antoine it will be.

That's why I'm fearing 'a Coutinho 2.0' already.

And you are absolutely right. very soon, it will turn like " Coutinho - 2 ". It is just wasting our money in vain.

Disagree, De Jong and Arthur are essentially the same player - De Jong's just better and offers more.

Neymar/Dembele/Left winger - Striker - Messi

Havertz - Rodri - De Jong/Arthur

Why is it so hard to pick out players that balance the team? No other club in amongst the elite fucking does this. It's weird as fuck.

Havertz, De Jong and Arthur are all central midfielders, but they can play together with no problem, because in front of them he has lined Neymar, Martinez and Messi. All 3 of them are top scorers. They don't need an attacking midfielder behind to feed them with the ball. That line-up is a lot better than the current rotations we have.

Griezmann's strongest foot is the right??

OK. If it is the left, why then he can not play as a left winger? Why he can not play as a right winger? Why he can not play as a central-forward? God damn this guy. He just don't know his position, and we have paid what? ... 120 millions for him?

Andrew M

he has to play left wing. He is replacing coutinho. Ffs calma calma

So we buy Coutinho to play in midfield to replace Iniesta, but he fails there so we play him at LW where he is not naturally suited and unsurprisingly still fails. So we put Griezmann at LW to replace Coutinho who was not even meant to be there in the first place.

Home of Barca Fans