Antoine Griezmann

clemente

[YOUTUBE]msCZ-iL8wsc?t=132[/YOUTUBE]

At 2:11 thats a heavy ass pass from Roberto but Griezzman does a Messi level first touch, Suarez probably would have fallen over

Cool

I hope we see a 4-3-3 with Griez playing as an LW and tucking inside whenever Messi drops fo touch the ball, and Dembele (hopefully fully fit and able to finish) as our RW. Buuuuut, seeing as it is Valvarde its gonna. be the weird 4-3-3 with Griez playing LW, suarez as the striker and Messi playing his weird “start the first 10 minutes as RW then move to play as a CAM” which imo destroys our entire team structure and “system” (I use that term loosely).

IMO, we are better off with a 4-2-3-1, in which we have two functional wings, Leo playing as a 10 and Suarez being Suarez but the problem is we’re too stacked in talent to play a two midfield (Busi, Frenkie, Rakitic, Vidal, Roberto (considering hes gonna play midfield from now on) and Arthur, Coutinho (?)).

Plus the 4-2-3-1 requires hardworking wingers since Messi is not going to press that much (understandably) and so our mid doesnt get overran. Another issue is coming up with a system that doesnt have Messi and Griezmann tripping over each other.

I dont know, its a tough situation, even tougher with Valvarde, you’ve got Griezmaan who is in todays market a top 5 player. But, hes not your striker and hes not your winger, hes the type to play off a striker but then you look and see that you have Leo, who also adapted his playstyle to becoming a 10 and doesn't really function as a winger anymore.

Then you look way down and you see that Busi is on the wrong side of 30. Rakitic legs are gone and he doesnt see the game like Busi does, Vidal as a starter doesn’t impact the game like he does when hes coming off the bench, Frenkie and Arthur are your two gems.

The defense is dependent on Pique showing up (which only happens when we’re late in the season) and IMO we miss Umtiti, you kinda have to look past Alba and Semedo because the market for fullbacks is dry.

Then, the Coutinho situations, guy just won the copa off playing in a midfield of three with Arthur and Casemiro, so, that makes our idiot look even more of a bigger idiot out here (I believe Coutinho in the hands of a capable coach can be turned to a midfielder).

Sorry for the long post!

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As I've said before, Griezmann is probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world at utilizing 1-2's to generate offense. First being Messi, and 2nd being Griezmann or Dani Alves.

The Greaseman has made his career by rapidly developing his linkup game and that's what turned him from a fast/finishing winger to the all round world class player he is now.

Tekkers

I hope we see a 4-3-3 with Griez playing as an LW and tucking inside whenever Messi drops fo touch the ball, and Dembele (hopefully fully fit and able to finish) as our RW. Buuuuut, seeing as it is Valvarde its gonna. be the weird 4-3-3 with Griez playing LW, suarez as the striker and Messi playing his weird “start the first 10 minutes as RW then move to play as a CAM” which imo destroys our entire team structure and “system” (I use that term loosely).

IMO, we are better off with a 4-2-3-1, in which we have two functional wings, Leo playing as a 10 and Suarez being Suarez but the problem is we’re too stacked in talent to play a two midfield (Busi, Frenkie, Rakitic, Vidal, Roberto (considering hes gonna play midfield from now on) and Arthur, Coutinho (?)).

Plus the 4-2-3-1 requires hardworking wingers since Messi is not going to press that much (understandably) and so our mid doesnt get overran. Another issue is coming up with a system that doesnt have Messi and Griezmann tripping over each other.

I dont know, its a tough situation, even tougher with Valvarde, you’ve got Griezmaan who is in todays market a top 5 player. But, hes not your striker and hes not your winger, hes the type to play off a striker but then you look and see that you have Leo, who also adapted his playstyle to becoming a 10 and doesn't really function as a winger anymore.

Then you look way down and you see that Busi is on the wrong side of 30. Rakitic legs are gone and he doesnt see the game like Busi does, Vidal as a starter doesn’t impact the game like he does when hes coming off the bench, Frenkie and Arthur are your two gems.

The defense is dependent on Pique showing up (which only happens when we’re late in the season) and IMO we miss Umtiti, you kinda have to look past Alba and Semedo because the market for fullbacks is dry.

Then, the Coutinho situations, guy just won the copa off playing in a midfield of three with Arthur and Casemiro, so, that makes our idiot look even more of a bigger idiot out here (I believe Coutinho in the hands of a capable coach can be turned to a midfielder).

Sorry for the long post!

4-2-3-1 with FdJ and Vidal as the two midfielders. rakitic is not even deserving of a starting position so it'll be between busquets and arthur to compete for a starting role

Cool

4-2-3-1 with FdJ and Vidal as the two midfielders. rakitic is not even deserving of a starting position so it'll be between busquets and arthur to compete for a starting role

Both Frenkie and Vidal like to bomb forward, thats not what you want in a 4-2-3-1, in a midfield of two you need an engine in the Kante mould and a Xabi Alonso type of player.

jairzinho

Sorry for the long post!

4-2-3-1 is the way to go IMO. Maybe we don't have 'hard working wingers' as you put it but in any event the wingers are still required to defend even in a 4-3-3.

It also solves the 'problem' with Messi playing centrally and the lack of proper width on the right.

Cool

4-2-3-1 is the way to go IMO. Maybe we don't have 'hard working wingers' as you put it but in any event the wingers are still required to defend even in a 4-3-3.

It also solves the 'problem' with Messi playing centrally and the lack of proper width on the right.
In a 4-2-3-1 if you stick Griezmann as LW, he will do his defensive duties and probably click with Alba to form great partner ship and provide goals, my concern is Dembouz, hes too hot and cold for me. But, Its either him or Malcom for the RW spot...y’know, unless Valvarde decides to play Roberto there to compensate for Messi and Suarez lack of work rate off ball and on ball plays some sort of RW/midfield hybrid.

Our midfield two to me is Arthur and Frenkie, Arthur got nice engine on him and can press and pass, Frenkie can dribble and pass as well under pressure and of course press. I fancy Arthur to stay back more while Frenkie pushes forward when possible.

Suarez
Griez-Messi-Roberto/Dembele
Frenkie-Arthur

You then hope Suarez doesn’t miss as much as last season and Griezmann and Leo can manage to coexist. Of course, you’re risking to bench:
1) Rakitic
2) Busquets
3) Coutinho

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I don't know if it's because I've been watching suarez fuck up everything he touches for years now, but his first touch and first time passes are exquisite. Seriously top notch.

Bulgroz

I don't know if it's because I've been watching suarez fuck up everything he touches for years now, but his first touch and first time passes are exquisite. Seriously top notch.

His one-touch passing is probably the best in the world right now, all in all. Movement to get in the right spot, awareness, accuracy, agility, creativity, and reliability, he's awesome in all those areas. Some players are cleaner, some are more clever, but I don't think any other is as well rounded in those attributes. That's why I really can't wait to see him play with Messi. This guy made a world champion of Giroud...

EdmondDantes

My exact thoughts.

And I'm a Luis fan but he's looking past it now, far too erratic in possession. If Antoine can grab that 9 spot, with his technique and mobility, we'll be better for it.

Home of Barca Fans