Antoine Griezmann

Sailor Mars

Agreed. Madrid's 3peat along with Barca's chokejobs have made the entire club and most of the fanbase focus solely on the short-term and winning a CL as soon as possible. The mentality for the past couple of years has been CL or bust.

JamDav1982

Hakimi is the best RB in Bundesliga in my opinion and he will give Carvajal some serious run for his money. Reguilon has been very good for Sevilla and will probably replace Marcelo and Mendy will get benched or sold.

I think we clearly have different opinions and assessments about some of Real Madrid's younger players. To me their loanees have played in better teams and leagues (as opposed to Pedri in Segunda or Tricao in the Portuguese league for example) and proven themselves. The three Brazilian kids, again, I don't know but I would make that kind of 100m gamble on three young talents than the sort of over 100m deals we have done (on Coutinho and Griezmann and soon to be Lautaro Martinez, reportedly).

Not saying Real Madrid is set by any means, but they are in a better position in terms of having young and promising players in many positions to be able to step in when their old guards are out.

Hakimi is a good player but cant see them chosing him over Carvajal.

Regulion is not Real level and wont better out Mendy in my opinion.

Too much fixation on Reals loanees who are doing well but havent shown to be top level while Barca have players at same age like FDJ and Arthur who achieved far more at around same age.

Even Dembele fitness permitting has shown more.

Too much is made of these players at Real for what they have shown.

The problem in both sides are the spine of team is still older players.

serghei

Agreed. Madrid's 3peat along with Barca's chokejobs have made the entire club and most of the fanbase focus solely on the short-term and winning a CL as soon as possible. The mentality for the past couple of years has been CL or bust.

Nah, the issue is not that we haven't won the CL. It's that we were trash in CL. There's a difference in playing great, but missing out due to some circumstances, like during Pep vs Inter and Chelsea. And playing like trash, with cowardice and laziness and getting humiliated. Last 3 games in CL away from home that got us knocked out... you know the score in those? 0-10 (0-3, 0-3, 0-4). I mean that's an utter embarrassment for a club of our stature.

How can you fucking receive 10 goals and score none? :lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

When it comes to the CL, you have to look at the way we set ourselves up.

The Mental aspect of the team is clearly shot. But the other bad part is that vs Liverpool away we put out a team that played into Liverpool's hands. A slow Forward three with no work rate, a Midfield which had two of the three players no longer having any Mobility whatsoever and couldn't withstand the press.

Then you have Alba having a Mental breakdown and Lenglet and Pique getting bodied out there and Roberto while not being great was being hanged out to dry as well. We gifted Liverpool that match and the warning signs were there in the first leg in the Camp Nou.

We really need a team that shouldn't be bottlenecked in crucial areas starting with the Forward line.

Sailor Mars

Nah, the issue is not that we haven't won the CL. It's that we were trash in CL. There's a difference in playing great, but missing out due to some circumstances, like during Pep vs Inter and Chelsea. And playing like trash, with cowardice and laziness and getting humiliated. Last 3 games in CL away from home that got us knocked out... you know the score in those? 0-10 (0-3, 0-3, 0-4). I mean that's an utter embarrassment for a club of our stature.

Even with the embarrassing scorelines, there wouldn't be the same amount of pressure if Real Madrid was also getting dumped out of the CL. Fans and media would have just said the Spanish cycle of dominance is coming to an end.The 3 peat somewhat negated Barca's greatest stretch of dominance in their history. There are also lots of Messi fans who are really agitated that CR7 holds more CL titles and create more pandemonium on various media platforms.

Sailor Mars

The Mental aspect of the team is clearly shot. But the other bad part is that vs Liverpool away we put out a team that played into Liverpool's hands. A slow Forward three with no work rate, a Midfield which had two of the three players no longer having any Mobility whatsoever and couldn't withstand the press.

Then you have Alba having a Mental breakdown and Lenglet and Pique getting bodied out there and Roberto while not being great was being hanged out to dry as well. We gifted Liverpool that match and the warning signs were there in the first leg in the Camp Nou.

We really need a team that shouldn't be bottlenecked in crucial areas starting with the Forward line.

The forward line was so pathetic to watch in the Anfield game.

Liverpool was hardly concerned with Suarez having the ball because they knew he can't dribble and would need to pass it off, so Liverpool could sag off him.
Coutinho is also slow and pretty weak, so even if he had possession of the ball, Liverpool players could just catch up to him with his snail pace and give him a small shove to push him off get the ball back.
Messi was a concern but even he's not a spring chicken and doesn't have the legs he used to.

Need to get more mobile and faster upfront.

LABarcaFan

I agree 200% with you. Barcelona were playing like a trash in these games. You are absolutely right on that.

LABarcaFan

That is really ridiculous, but is fact. It shows how bad is our defense and offense.

Yes. We need radical changes to this team. Our defense with Pique , Lenglet, Umtiti and Alba is horrible. One of the worst from all top European teams. The midfield is OK, but we need to replace Vidal with a younger and more creative midfielder. Our other biggest problems are coming from the front line. Suarez is done and can't help this team anymore. Dembele won't never get healthier and Griezmann is even bigger disappointment than Coutinho. A.Fati is still too young. Braithwaite is question mark, but I don't feel like he can resolve our problems up front. And Leo is getting older and slower by days. One Lautaro won't change anything. The board needs to invest a lots of money to improve our attack.

Co0ter

That is really ridiculous, but is fact. It shows how bad is our defense and offense.

Yes. We need radical changes to this team. Our defense with Pique , Lenglet, Umtiti and Alba is horrible. One of the worst from all top European teams. The midfield is OK, but we need to replace Vidal with a younger and more creative midfielder. Our other biggest problems are coming from the front line. Suarez is done and can't help this team anymore. Dembele won't never get healthier and Griezmann is even bigger disappointment than Coutinho. A.Fati is still too young. Braithwaite is question mark, but I don't feel like he can resolve our problems up front. And Leo is getting older and slower by days. One Lautaro won't change anything. The board needs to invest a lots of money to improve our attack.

Sadly we have invested the money. The money hasn't been the problem, it's been the board. I can't blame them for Dembele, because I think if he hadn't had the injury issues he would of worked out really well here. However, Coutinho never had a role in this team. Then they made the same exact mistake with Griezman shortly after. Both very gifted players on their day, but never had a position in Barca that was capable of getting the best out of them. Round hole, square peg. We are getting the right players in some positions, but failing horribly at others. Too many mistakes with transfers, and it's why the team looks disjointed instead of gelled together. The biggest change that needs to happen is acquire pace upfront, and a third creative, hard working midfielder to partner with De Jong as DM, and Arthur as one of RCM/LCM. Honestly, I would prefer Arthur at LCM and Messi at RCM. Sign a defensive RB with great lungs to cover for him. Dembele as LW, sign a RW with a great work rate to help cover the right side for Messi and center forward. Sell Suarez, Griezman and Coutinho for as much as possible to try and balance the books after the spending. Either Roberto or Semedo could be sold for funds as well, I'd prefer to keep Semedo.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Sadly we have invested the money. The money hasn't been the problem, it's been the board. I can't blame them for Dembele, because I think if he hadn't had the injury issues he would of worked out really well here. However, Coutinho never had a role in this team. Then they made the same exact mistake with Griezman shortly after. Both very gifted players on their day, but never had a position in Barca that was capable of getting the best out of them. Round hole, square peg. We are getting the right players in some positions, but failing horribly at others. Too many mistakes with transfers, and it's why the team looks disjointed instead of gelled together. The biggest change that needs to happen is acquire pace upfront, and a third creative, hard working midfielder to partner with De Jong as DM, and Arthur as one of RCM/LCM. Honestly, I would prefer Arthur at LCM and Messi at RCM. Sign a defensive RB with great lungs to cover for him. Dembele as LW, sign a RW with a great work rate to help cover the right side for Messi and center forward. Sell Suarez, Griezman and Coutinho for as much as possible to try and balance the books after the spending. Either Roberto or Semedo could be sold for funds as well, I'd prefer to keep Semedo.

Yes. The money were invested, but in wrong players. Dembele is a talented player and he did not have history of injuries when we bought him from Dortmund. But since then, he can't stay healthy. I strongly doubt that he can ever get over them so for that reason I think it is better to find a buyer for him. We can get at least 90 mil.

Messi can no longer play as a winger. He has lost his speed and dribble, so it is time for him to became an attacking midfielder/play-maker. FDJ and A.Melo will be defensive ones.

At the right wing we have already find a good player, Francisco Trincao. I believe he is going to be the starter there. If we manage to sell Griezmann and Coutinho, with that money we can buy a striker and a left winger. But I don't like the idea of paying 175 M for Neymar and 110 M for Lautaro. We can get decent players for maximum 60 M or we can make an experiment by buying as a striker Myron Boadu ( 20 M) and LW Donyell Malen (28 M) who can also play as a RW or central forward. They are both Netherlands nationals selected from Ronald Koeman.

LABarcaFan

SPORT:

Newcastle enter the push for two Barcelona stars - Griezmann and Coutinho. The new owner, Saudi Arabia's prince Mohammed has plans to make Newcastle the most powerful team in England.

Messigician

SPORT:

Newcastle enter the push for two Barcelona stars - Griezmann and Coutinho. The new owner, Saudi Arabia's prince Mohammed has plans to make Newcastle the most powerful team in England.

What a way to start. Two of the biggest underperforming clowns in football. I'm not complaining though if they take them of our hands and we can actually reinvest the money in talent

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Newcastle will be the big hope for many failed and overhyped players :lol: Small club, mediocre team, unlimited money...a lot of agents will try to get their foot in the door there.

Doubt we will see any transfers to them though, maybe Coutinho if he wants to return to the PL and has no other option there but no way Griezmann would be be tempted to join them.

FinBarcelonafan

SPORT:

Please buy Coutinho for hundred mil.

Coutinho sounds perfect for them. Proven player in PL and still big name. I am sure they would love him.

Home of Barca Fans