Antoine Griezmann

LABarcaFan

Meh, I like what Griezmann brings in terms of workrate. 14 goals, I'd say he's done okay. Team was basically cheating on defense in 2015, it's gonna be way worse now.

Work-rate? Work-rate does not translate into wins pal. We have pad $ 132 million for this guy, who came to Barcelona as an world class forward. And what happened? He scores one goal on every 2,624 games and makes one assist on every 9.25 games. You call that work-rate? He's just the last French man who has failed to play for our club and most likely will be sold this summer, along with his compatriots Umtiti and Dembele.

Jay Jay

I would sell him for 100M in a heartbeat, and I'll take Neymar only if Griez and Umtiti going in another direction but not for 160M or even more.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Griezmann,Umtiti plus 40mill for Ney.
But it will not happen.

They will want cash.

But also there is no denying Griezmann from PSG which is good.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sell him if we have a real target and highly rated prospect. Not for Neymar.

What the heck does Neymar bring anyway?

Andresito

Staff member

He had a pretty successful time here before, so I guess Bartomeu (who seems to be the biggest advocator of his signing) thinks signing Neymar will be automatic success.

But IMO buying Neymar would be a step back in the supposed rebuild we're making.

LABarcaFan

I absolutely agree with that. I sad it last nigh that even if Barto can exercise that UEFA option to buy Neymar for ... just 15 million, I will still be against that. With him it is not only the price tag, it is more like his mental issues which will destroy our club chemistry from inside.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He had a pretty successful time here before, so I guess Bartomeu (who seems to be the biggest advocator of his signing) thinks signing Neymar will be automatic success.

But IMO buying Neymar would be a step back in the supposed rebuild we're making.

Absolutely. While Neymar might still has some gas/magic/ability left in him to help us but the whole thing would be a stupid stunt considering the cons and there are so many of them. While Real Madrid looks forward with young prospects we go backwards.

JamDav1982

Absolutely. While Neymar might still has some gas/magic/ability left in him to help us but the whole thing would be a stupid stunt considering the cons and there are so many of them. While Real Madrid looks forward with young prospects we go backwards.

Dont get this idea that Real have 'great young prospects' and building for future. They are paying big money for the latest young Brazilian and paid over 100m for Hazard who is older than Griezmann.

Real are not set in any great way for the future more so than Barca.

For Rodrygo, Viniscuis and and Reiner they have paid well over 100m for and none are sure things.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dont get this idea that Real have 'great young prospects' and building for future. They are paying big money for the latest young Brazilian and paid over 100m for Hazard who is older than Griezmann.

Real are not set in any great way for the future more so than Barca.

For Rodrygo, Viniscuis and and Reiner they have paid well over 100m for and none are sure things.

Of course none of those Brazilian kids are sure things but if one, just one of them turns out good for them it is probably worth 100m they spent.

Hazard was more or less of a panic buy after Ronaldo left, kind of like Coutinho for us, they needed to bring in a big-name player to fill the void and fans' expectations somehow.

Those Brazilian kids aside, they have a list of very promising young players, many of whom have been loaned out to other clubs and can make them more formidable, such as Hakimi, Odeggard, Reguilon and Kubo etc.

JamDav1982

Of course none of those Brazilian kids are sure things but if one, just one of them turns out good for them it is probably worth 100m they spent.

Hazard was more or less of a panic buy after Ronaldo left, kind of like Coutinho for us, they needed to bring in a big-name player to fill the void and fans' expectations somehow.

Those Brazilian kids aside, they have a list of very promising young players, many of whom have been loaned out to other clubs and can make them more formidable, such as Hakimi, Odeggard, Reguilon and Kubo etc.

Could say same for Fati, Trincao, Pedri etc... if one of them turns out good.

Would you swap those three for over 100m and the Real Brazilians?

Hakimi is good but wont get a place ahead of Carvajal, Odeggard as well... good player but doesnt really look a top top player. Regulion will get nowhere near Real side again and Kubo has not been anything all that special.

Folk tend to over rate the Real younger players. The one who looks top notch at moment is Valverde and that is it really.

Likes of Odegaard, Hakimi, Regullion are ages with Arthur, FDJ and Dembele.

Just dont see this idea that Real are set in any great way. Will see how all those players pan out.

Givenchy

Madrid were/are in a unique position though. they won 3 CLs back to back giving them time for patience and a rebuild. Barca on the otherhand need to re-establish itself in Europe, our record in recent years is nothing short of embarrassing.

unfortunately due to the toxic culture that is 'club de amigos', signing young players will just frustrate the seniors in their twilight years - just look at Suarez screaming at Dembele for example. they run Barca right now and they decide who plays/who doesn't.

the board will buy Neymar for short term so we can squeeze in another CL before Messi retires, i doubt it will work this time around but thats their 'plan'.

the only way forward or chance of a rebuild it seems is totally dismantling the squad with the likes of Messi, Pique, Busi all leaving. we won't be able to do what Madrid did

mc_lovin

Madrids recent domestic record is nothing short of embarassing as well. Dont get that obsession with CL, but genereally our transfers fucked us more than our seniors.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Could say same for Fati, Trincao, Pedri etc... if one of them turns out good.

Would you swap those three for over 100m and the Real Brazilians?

Hakimi is good but wont get a place ahead of Carvajal, Odeggard as well... good player but doesnt really look a top top player. Regulion will get nowhere near Real side again and Kubo has not been anything all that special.

Folk tend to over rate the Real younger players. The one who looks top notch at moment is Valverde and that is it really.

Likes of Odegaard, Hakimi, Regullion are ages with Arthur, FDJ and Dembele.

Just dont see this idea that Real are set in any great way. Will see how all those players pan out.

Hakimi is the best RB in Bundesliga in my opinion and he will give Carvajal some serious run for his money. Reguilon has been very good for Sevilla and will probably replace Marcelo and Mendy will get benched or sold.

I think we clearly have different opinions and assessments about some of Real Madrid's younger players. To me their loanees have played in better teams and leagues (as opposed to Pedri in Segunda or Tricao in the Portuguese league for example) and proven themselves. The three Brazilian kids, again, I don't know but I would make that kind of 100m gamble on three young talents than the sort of over 100m deals we have done (on Coutinho and Griezmann and soon to be Lautaro Martinez, reportedly).

Not saying Real Madrid is set by any means, but they are in a better position in terms of having young and promising players in many positions to be able to step in when their old guards are out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Madrid were/are in a unique position though. they won 3 CLs back to back giving them time for patience and a rebuild. Barca on the otherhand need to re-establish itself in Europe, our record in recent years is nothing short of embarrassing.

unfortunately due to the toxic culture that is 'club de amigos', signing young players will just frustrate the seniors in their twilight years - just look at Suarez screaming at Dembele for example. they run Barca right now and they decide who plays/who doesn't.

the board will buy Neymar for short term so we can squeeze in another CL before Messi retires, i doubt it will work this time around but thats their 'plan'.

the only way forward or chance of a rebuild it seems is totally dismantling the squad with the likes of Messi, Pique, Busi all leaving. we won't be able to do what Madrid did

That's exactly what is so sad about us. We are so fixated on winning another CL when Messi is still here or maximizing Messi's last years and quite light on planning ahead when Messi and other old guards are gone. I understand their rationale a bit but the focus should be on the future. I have ranted enough on this topic so I will stop here.

Home of Barca Fans