Antoine Griezmann

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, he had a Suárez-esque performance for all of those who miss him... Did the difficult but fucked up the easy...

Still, I'm glad he scored...

Nazario1985

Messi + Ansu sacrificed everything for him should have scored 3 goals or at least 2 with bad luck !

Messi should get back to the right side, ain't happening with Griezmann.

Still generous in his back runs which is in my opinion garbage, and fucking his lucidity with the ball a lot !!

But our midfield can't control shit which exposes our defense and this was happening every time since 15 years when the mid plays bad.

Nazario1985

Well, he had a Suárez-esque performance for all of those who miss him... Did the difficult but fucked up the easy...

Still, I'm glad he scored...

What difficult thing are you talking about ?

Suarez can erase 2-3 guys in a glimpse ... Griez need only to push the ball in the net.

His best action was a cross to Messi header !!

Laplacian

How is that a club with an abnormal fetish for fast tricky wingers suddenly decide to go for griezmann for 120 million euros. Lmao I don't get it.

Barto and co are obsessed with the Brazilian samba players, or their south America variants.

What the fuck did they see in griezmann? I'm honestly confused. He is technically the most overwhelming high profile forward ive ever seen. At least Coutinho had his long range shots and cute dribbles, this guy...

The saving Grace is that atleticos doing shit without him,maybe something can be done to make him go back...

Last edited:

Richard.H

He is clearly not a good fit. He could’ve put the game to bed with one more goal. You can’t be as casual as he is when playing for Barca. This isn’t athletico Madrid

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His shot attempts have picked up a bit since Suarez' injury and his debut season at Barca look decent in terms of stats but the expectations are obviously not being fully met. The misses are frustrating but all goalscorers go through moments like that - I'd just like to see that 1st touch better and actually try to drag his marker wide rather than continuing to pivot centrally over & over again

If nothing else he should pick his spots to show his quality and earn the confidence of his teammates, looks to be trying hard to please rather than being a protagonist. He's an elite player, should be rising to the occasion

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The thing with him is his workrate is immense and he likes to come close to midfield and help in build up instead of being isolated upfront. So with all the stuff he does you will not see him involved in all attacks or lurking in the box being close to goal all the time.
Because of his movement he will get his one or two moments in front of goal and if he does not score those at a clinical rate his performances will not be appreciated.

Griezmann played well today, took his first chance like few others could and set up Messi nicely for that header. But what also sticks are the two bad misses and that one situation in the first half where he was running at two defenders close to the box on a counter and did not even try to dribble them.
So most of the time we see his bad actions and stuff that does not encourage anybody to believe he can play the central role in attack besides Messi.

He is no lost cause and a few upcoming games will decide if he has had a successful season. His goals could decide close ties against Napoli and RM.

Potroh

So most of the time we see his bad actions and stuff that does not encourage anybody to believe he can play the central role in attack besides Messi.
He is no lost cause and a few upcoming games will decide if he has had a successful season.

He has never been a No.9 so it's irrelevant if he plays that role with Messi, simply because he's not meant to do that role.
He is - unfortunately - not capable of doing that.
The main problem with him is his lack of qualities in certain aspects, like dribbling, pace, strong-one-footedness, good but not outstanding creativity, and the like.

Comparing his qualities (and his rapidly growing age) to any attacker of the good MSN time, is just a joke in itself.
But he is diligent, hardworking, not injury-prone, isn't a bad finisher, etc. But comparing Griezmann to his predecessors in Barca is unfair because he is NOT such a great player.

Wanting or waiting for Griezmann to SAVE the present Barca attack is a delusion in itself.

Home of Barca Fans