Antoine Griezmann

clemente

He's an elite player, it's just our transfers make no sense, he would work as false 9 or a second striker, it's the exact same story with Coutinho, this board has wasted so much money, next president is fucked...

Nonsense man. He made several decent runs today and very often actually Messi was either in the way of a pass through the middle clogging up the lane or chose to pass elsewhere. He's not nearly as terrible as you're making him out to be. And he's also the only reason you're still in the Copa.

The mental gymnastics of Real Madrid fans to lay the blame of every situation at Messis door. But I guess that's what happens when your the El Classico top scorer by a country mile

Mitchell1978

The mental gymnastics of Real Madrid fans to lay the blame of every situation at Messis door. But I guess that's what happens when your the El Classico top scorer by a country mile

I didn't mind him when his post were somewhat nuanced and balanced but now he's basically bashing barça and Messi with almost every post, time to stop tolerating him on this forum imo.

I didn't mind him when his post were somewhat nuanced and balanced but now he's basically bashing barça and Messi with almost every post, time to stop tolerating him on this forum imo.

I think he has decided to spread his wings now Madrid are finally fighting for la liga for the first time in 3 years. 'Benzema10' claimed that Barca played well yesterday but the only reason we lost is because we decided to play through Messi. I shit you not. Come on mods, EGT has led you to the water in the desert here.

The inferiority complex of what Messi has done to that fanbase is truly something else.

JohnN

He tried from left, right and center to no avail. It's not just his position on the field that is the problem.

Calidad

I said at the time when he was strongly rumoured to be a target for Barcelona that he was and is a good player, but definitely the wrong profile and fit for the club. I’ve obviously seen nothing so far to convince me otherwise. He is an SS and a fairly uncreative one at that and is very much a system player, now playing in a system he doesn’t fit. It’s an awful misuse of money for a player soon to be 30.

I don’t share this same sentiment for Coutinho or Dembele, because they are both the profile of player the team is still severely lacking in. We need a creative midfielder, which Coutinho is, and we need a pacey, creative, goal scoring wide forward which Dembele is (or can be). We don’t however, need Griezmann or someone with his skill set.

Last edited:

jairzinho

I said at the time when he was strongly rumoured to be a target for Barcelona that he was and is a good player, but definitely the wrong profile and fit for the club. I’ve obviously seen nothing so far to convince me otherwise. He is an SS and a fairly uncreative one at that and is very much a system player, now playing in a system he doesn’t fit. It’s an awful misuse of money for a player soon to be 30.

I don’t share this same sentiment for Coutinho or Dembele, because they are both the profile of player the team is still severely lacking in. We need a creative midfielder, which Coutinho is, and we need a pacey, creative, goal scoring wide forward which Dembele is (or can be). We don’t however, need Griezmann or someone with his skill set.

My biggest issues with him was that he didn't fit the system and still doesn't fit.

He’s been playing as a #10 / second striker for years now. He rarely played for Athletico as a 9. Hardly ever. Same goes for France. He plays exclusively as a 10 / SS. So honestly I don’t have too much high expectations for him upfront but I hope he can figure things out.

I don’t know why we keep buying players and then not play them in their most comfortable position.

wisconsincule

28 matches played. 11 goals. 4 assists.

That’s really not that terrible. Look at Hazards contribution for Real... at least Griezmann has stayed healthy.

We all knew that he occupied the same spaces at Messi while playing for Atleti...

I always wonder for these high profile moves if there are other hidden incentives for the club that we don’t see. Did Puma kick Barca some cash for bringing Griezmann over? Having him at Barca is way more profitable for them than having him at Atleti...

FinBarcelonafan

28 matches played. 11 goals. 4 assists.

That’s really not that terrible. Look at Hazards contribution for Real... at least Griezmann has stayed healthy.

We all knew that he occupied the same spaces at Messi while playing for Atleti...

I always wonder for these high profile moves if there are other hidden incentives for the club that we don’t see. Did Puma kick Barca some cash for bringing Griezmann over? Having him at Barca is way more profitable for them than having him at Atleti...

and he is much more important defensively than Hazard.

malvolio

and he is much more important defensively than Hazard.

Did he defended on any of the two goals we conceded yesterday? I only remember that he fucked up multiple passes and attacks. Otherwise what is it with people and forwards defending?
If I've wanted to see a forward defending I wouldn't have paid 220 mil for him!

FinBarcelonafan

Did he defended on any of the two goals we conceded yesterday? I only remember that he fucked up multiple passes and attacks. Otherwise what is it with people and forwards defending?
If I've wanted to see a forward defending I wouldn't have paid 220 mil for him!

220mil? What?

You can critize Griezzman for his offense but not his defense

malvolio

220mil? What?

You can critize Griezzman for his offense but not his defense

120 mil in transfer fee +20 mil a year in salary, over 5 years= ~220 mil
Again, why would I care if he defends or not when our problem is not scoring or inspiring fear in the opposition defences?

FinBarcelonafan

120 mil in transfer fee +20 mil a year in salary, over 5 years= ~220 mil
Again, why would I care if he defends or not when our problem is not scoring or inspiring fear in the opposition defences?

Actually our defense is one of the biggest concerns.. with our offense.

Home of Barca Fans