Antoine Griezmann

raskolnikov

I think he will be used as a bargaining chip for neymar next year.
It was a dumb transfer from the start and typical for this board.
As will the future purchase of Neymar be.
Still on route for that United/AC Milan failures.

Especially if Real end up with Mbappe in the post Messi years.

Batistuta9

This board has been making one transfer mistake after another, spent 400m on 3 players that don't fit. The only reason we have won things and stayed competitive is because messi has masked it with his 20 assists and 50 goals a season. I just hope the next manager will get us playing as a team again. I don't want neymar back, we need to move on and build a new team, not spend everything on a 28 year old injury prone player.

George_Costanza

Well, I thought that Cou will be the new Iniesta.
In his Liverpool's days he looked like an awesome LW-Cam-Cm hybrid who could be turned into a new Iniesta.

Only rare posters were saying that he can't play as a CM back then.
So, we had hopes about him as a Cam.

No one ever thought about him being a LW.

Regarding Griezz, I thought that he is a bad no9, but I thought: he can't be worse than Dembele and Malcom, so let's try.
I never believed that he could be better no9 than Suarez.
I hoped that he will be able to play as a hybrid Lw-Cf like Cr7 where we would have Griezz and Suarez in the box against parked buses.
But since he is short, slow, we don't cross and he is bad at finishing, there is zero use of him being in a box as a no9 or a hybrid Lw-Cf like Cr7.

But I didn't know that he has declined so much and lost all his pace.
After 2 preseason games, it was quite clear what will happen.

So, today:
Lone no9=bad
Hybrid Lw-No9=bad
Lw=bad
Rw=bad
Bench/sold=good

The issue is if we play as a team, slight adjustment in positioning will work but we look like a team that has very little idea as to how to play with one another, it's because they don't. The team maintains possession because, for the most part, Barcelona are technical of a higher level than most of their opponents. Other than that, their play is too slow and their combinations too sloppy which I can't understand since the team plays under the same coach for the third season and they train every day together. Everything looks so disjointed. So Coutinho or Griezmann don't actually play in a system and just rely on their individual talent which will be pessimal.

If Griezmann wants to reach his full potential he should go to a team that actually has a game plan, like Liverpool. This is a very confused team, with a very confused coach.

J

José Mourinho

Anybody with even a tiny brain should have known that he’s a horrible fit. nevertheless, his transfer was hailed by this board. reminds me of arda turan

Kul_z

Anybody with even a tiny brain should have known that he’s a horrible fit. nevertheless, his transfer was hailed by this board. reminds me of arda turan

He COULD work, but not in this system.

Everybody knows, he needs to play behind messi and suarez if those two are unbenchable, but to do that we need quality both direction wings, which in current roster we dont have.

Suarez Messi
Griez
Fati arthur frenkie dembele
Alba lenglet pique semedo

In this system griez would work, but it aint gonna happen

soul24rage

He COULD work, but not in this system.

Everybody knows, he needs to play behind messi and suarez if those two are unbenchable, but to do that we need quality both direction wings, which in current roster we dont have.

Suarez Messi
Griez
Fati arthur frenkie dembele

In this system griez would work, but it aint gonna happen

that's 11 out field players :)

Kul_z

So, we are gonna leave that one there so other can laugh a bit, but lets try again

Suarez messi
Griez
(?)de jong (?)

? - means someone who is fast but pretty technical and a bit of a workhorse and presses like crazy. Maybe valverde was right with wilian lmao, but obviously some better version.

Gari

“To play more central is better for me, I can orientate myself better.I was playing in this position for many years and now what I have to do is adapt. I’m learning a lot although I knew arriving at Barcelona it would be difficult.”said the Frenchman.

BBZ8800

People are mocking CR7 for scoring against weaker European NT teams, yet our "next No9" Griezmann, hasn't scored in the last 7 NT matches, even though he played full 630 minutes:
Moldova 2:1
Turkey 1:1
Iceland 1:0
Andorra 3:0
Albania 4:1
Andorra 4:0
Turkey 0:2

In the last 27 matches for Barca and France since June, he scored on 4 matches and remained silent on 23 matches.

For example, a kid Haaland has 7 goals from 11 shots this season in a CL.

It is harder and harder to blame even EV for Griezmann's case because he is not scoring for France either.

Coutinho sucks at Bayern.
Griezmann can't score no matter for whom he plays.
Dembele is forever injured plus Dumbele.
Malcom is injured and has disappeared in Russia.

Our sporting directors have really done "an amazing job" lately regarding attacking signings.

We could add Boateng, Paco, Deulofeu, Denis.
Really world class scouting and decision's making.

Imagine if Barto and his clowns win another elections.

serghei

People are mocking CR7 for scoring against weaker European NT teams, yet our "next No9" Griezmann, hasn't scored in the last 7 NT matches, even though he played full 630 minutes:
Moldova 2:1
Turkey 1:1
Iceland 1:0
Andorra 3:0
Albania 4:1
Andorra 4:0
Turkey 0:2

In the last 27 matches for Barca and France since June, he scored on 4 matches and remained silent on 23 matches.

For example, a kid Haaland has 7 goals from 11 shots this season in a CL.

It is harder and harder to blame even EV for Griezmann's case because he is not scoring for France either.

Coutinho sucks at Bayern.
Griezmann can't score no matter for whom he plays.
Dembele is forever injured plus Dumbele.
Malcom is injured and has disappeared in Russia.

Our sporting directors have really done "an amazing job" lately regarding attacking signings.

We could add Boateng, Paco, Deulofeu, Denis.
Really world class scouting and decision's making.

Imagine if Barto and his clowns win another elections.

Give me 5 players that we COULD sign so I can destroy using your type of arguments. Please. 5 players that we can bring and you think would improve us. Since your favorite job around here is to trash every signing we make.

Arthur, trash, Coutinho, trash, Griezman trash, Dembele trash, De Jong, overrated - soon to be trash, Semedo, trash, Malcom, trash, Paco, trash. Every fucking player we sign is trash according to you. Can't scure, is dumb, has bad stamina, can't attack, creates imbalance, doesn't make assists, is a backpasser. This is getting really really dumb. You basically pin down every single flaw of this team on every signing we make, at an individual level, a total joke, while getting Valverde off the hook and making him look like poor little Snow White who can't do anything with these trash signings this idiotic board is handing to him.

Yet it doesn't ring a bell that everyone CAN'T be trash and the only common denominator in the case of all these players is Ernesto fucking Valverde. The moron who made history in the Champions League.

Last edited:

serghei

What exactly is your case here? That Griezmann who is a World Cup winner with France, one of the best forwards in Europe and by far the most important player for Atletico Madrid is suddenly a bad player who can't score? He fooled us all these years and only now he's shown his true quality, being a total coincidence that he started to play terrible after Valverde and his 'just pass it to Messi pseudosystem' got to him?

Griezmann was a bad fit indeed in some aspects (not a good 1 vs 1 player, not really super-fast to play on the wing, not a high volume scorer), and a good fit in other aspects (great workrate, very good associative play, high football IQ, scorer of many important goals in knockout competition, a lot of experience at the highest level, good age, knows the language, knows the league).

We need to wonder why is he used in a way as to only show his weak points and completely negate his strong points? The reason for that is Ernesto fucking Valverde.

Last edited:

serghei

I suggest people take a look at Fabinho at Liverpool. In the first 6-7 months I heard fans saying how he doesn't fit, how he is a flop, even heard comparisons with Bakayoko. This is what integration is. The manager accustoms the player with the tactics and the philosophy of his team, making sure he plays in a position which makes the best use of his quality. Fast forward 12 months from that poor start, and Fabinho is one of the best DMs in the world.

Now, if Ernie had Fabinho, those bad 4-5 months at the start under Klopp would turn into his whole time at the club. Why? Because he doesn't do anything to integrate new players. Not a single thing. At best he plays them off their position and doing god knows what, like when he used De Jong on the wing. :lol: Imagine Klopp using Fabinho in Mane's position. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans