Antoine Griezmann

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I hate this front three. I mean look at other teams, for example City has Sane-Aguero-Sterling, Liverpool Mane-Firmino-Salah, Bayern Koeman-Lewandowski-Gnabry, they all have one thing in common - they have wingers. What we have here is just disaster, yes, it may work against Eibar, maybe it'll work Levante, but c'mon you just can't play without wingers.

henias

^ That's right, you got it.

I do not mind at all if Griezmann is an impact sub like Origi, but man, we bought him for over a 100 million. We can't have a our best 11 with Griezmann and an ageing Messi in it.

People keeps emphasising on his defensive duties but there's not the main thing a player needs to have, especially when you are a forward. I would say this, even Valverde's conservative setup is giving him some leverage here, which is why his defensive abilities does seem useful.

In any great offensive setup, his defensive abilities would be put to waste and would never work. His zero to none dribbling ability and poor acceleration puts more pressure on Messi to do alot of offensive work.

It could work against lower tier teams but against Europe's best there's no chance.

JohnN

Wasn't good even at buildup. Lost easy balls and didn't shoot when he had a chance. Not sure what to make of this.
I would surely want to see something different. Like Suarez and Busi on the bench, Fati on LW, Griezmann as a CF, FDJ as the DM and Puig as an AM.

Kul_z

Go 4-2-4

Leo & Antoine combining in CF area with Grizzi tracking back some to help out Dej n Art

Ansu n Bouze stretching the wings. U gotta be kraze not to use speed n skills (yes! I said it lol) they offer

They'd also be required to track back n assist in MF but with their youth and energy levels, wouldn't be a prob :cool:
4231 is the way we should play with roster we have

Tackle

-------greizman
fati----messi-- dembele
-----arthur- FDJ
alba-leng-pique-semedo

Who is supposed is the presence in the box?

Certainly won't be Messi, and Griezmann is not suited to that role.

We were able to play without a true no.9 during the Pep days because that team was the best ever at penetrative passing and clever link-up play to exploit the spaces. This squad is not remotely capable of anything similar even with a better manager.

Hell, even Pep has preferred a to play with a 9 since he left Barca.

Suarez can be a very frustrating player, but unless we find can find a true replacement for the bloke he is still a must in the starting XI.

BarçaBarça

He is not LW, so why play him there?
Suarez needs to gtfo and Griezmann to play CF with Dembele and Messi in attack. That would bring fluidity, speed and some width, which we need.

Imo, Suarez is the reason the attack, Griezzman and Dembele doesn't work. He needs to be benched asap.

The Observer

Griezmann is not a striker. He only shined when he played off of a striker like Diego Costa or Giroud for France. He isn't the player to naturally occupy central defenders or make diagonal runs at elite level. Not compatible with Messi who is the same. Has been said since before he joined.

Add to the mix Démbéle who is 60 % of the time injured, 30 % clowning around and 10 % doing something of note and Barca have the worst "big name" attacking squad in history.

Messi, Suarez can carry Barca to league titles but lacking in pace and workrate at this point of their careers to do much more.

Not rocket science.

Shame.

Marshall D Teach

Griezmann is not a striker. He only shined when he played off of a striker like Diego Costa or Giroud for France. He isn't the player to naturally occupy central defenders or make diagonal runs at elite level. Not compatible with Messi who is the same. Has been said since before he joined.

Add to the mix Démbéle who is 60 % of the time injured, 30 % clowning around and 10 % doing something of note and Barca have the worst "big name" attacking squad in history.

Messi, Suarez can carry Barca to league titles but lacking in pace and workrate at this point of their careers to do much more.

Not rocket science.

Shame.

As long as Valverde is in charge, the Messi-Suarez duo will never be broken up. Griezmann will most likely start no matter what too, despite him not being compatible with Messi.

I don't understand how anyone can see that the Messi-Suarez duo isn't working any more, but fail to see that Valverde needs to go.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans