Antoine Griezmann

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I honestly wouldnt mind trading Rakitic for Mandzukic+cash. Both Messi and him need someone to occupy the center when Suarez is injured (Dembele as well thinking about it). Another centre forward would do him and the others plenty of good.

How about Boateng? Hahaha

Altomonte

What is it with Griezmann when he travels to the Basque country? 2 games there and 2 disappointing performances. He should be able to avoid offsides - today he was worse than Suarez in that respect.

Maxim4

This barca can not play fast attacks, he is too used to the attacks placed.
Even placed attacks are mismanaged.

Seems like every 100mio+ transfer is flopping at Barca :lol: Nevertheless Im sure we will see the real Griezmann when Messi is back who is able to feed him with useful passes.

The Observer

Yeah, after 3 games accompanied by Rafinha and a La Masia kid he is flopping for sure.

On the other hand it fits nicely with the narrative that Suarez is garbage. According to that Barcaforum expert metric, Griezmann will be right up there for sure.

Gaudi

Not Griez fault, he played at number 9 and he occupied the place number 9 should. It just exposed how shit coach EV is and how Messi saves the day plyaing as number 7,9,10 and 11.

jairzinho

He’s been playing as a #10 / second striker for years now. He rarely played for Athletico as a 9. Hardly ever. Same goes for France. He plays exclusively as a 10 / SS. So honestly I don’t have too much high expectations for him upfront but I hope he can figure things out.

I don’t know why we keep buying players and then not play them in their most comfortable position.

Leo_Messi

Does not really matter at all as we have tons of potential penalty takers in the team. Griezmann is still a very good penalty taker. In any case I don't recall our last penalty shoot-out in an official game on top of my head.

By any means not even Malmierda's retarded "tactics" or lack thereof, or the fact that much of the spine of the team consists of past it old boys, is going to prevent Griezmann from succeeding as long as he ends up playing next to/with Messi more often than not.

Similarly with De Jong. If he and Arthur develop a chemistry, no matter the third past it option (Busquets, Rakitic or Vidal) in the midfield, the two of them will succeed. At least individually. Collectively is a different ball game altogether with Malmierda at the helm, the current useless, clueless and poisonous board and a team with tons of players that peaked ages ago.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans