Antoine Griezmann

Leo_Messi

I am starting to think that Barto is the biggest problem of our club.

He doesn't know too much about football and his sporting directors are horrible.

He can say that he won lots of titles, but he had Messi in a team all the time.
Remove Messi from our team and we would have only a bunch of horrible, bad fits and overpriced transfers and not too many titles.

During Laporta, the only horrible fit was Gudjohnsen.
But even then, Laporta wanted Henry, a sporting director Begiristain wanted Forlan and Rijkaard wanted Gudjohnsen.
So, it was a bad decision by a coach, not by sporting directors.

Then, in the last few years at Barca we had:
Fabregas, what is his position?
Denis, his position doesn't exist here.
Coutinho, his position doesn't exist here.
Griezmann, his position doesn't exist here.
Dembele, his football style doesn't fit here.

Barto:
1. Has horrible transfers
2. He is picking bad sporting directors
3. La Masia has declined
4. He is picking bad coaches
5. He is giving fat long contracts to 30 years old players
6. He is buying fancy players to please casual fans and win the elections (Arda, Coutinho, Dembele, Neymar 2nd spell)

Only Messi is saving his ass and his horrible sporting project.
Remove Messi and we would be today like Gaspart's Barca.

Good to see that you have seen the light at last BBZ. Now you just need to realize that Malmierda, while not having had the easiest job in the world at his hands in the past 2 years (useless board, no sporting project, many over the hill seniors, little to no say about incoming and out coming transfers etc.) is a huge part of the problem as well.

It is the combination of a clueless board with no sporting project in sight, a clueless manager (by large) that is moreover the antithesis of what Barça represents as a club and many over the hill seniors that are the cause of most of our problems. You could solve 1 or 2 of those problems by parting ways with Valverde and some of the seniors that support him but it is an entirely different ball game when the main culprit is the board and the real decision makers (the board). That is why the most importing thing is to have a clear and well-defined sporting project in place. Way more important than the manager and a few select players.

A sporting project comes before everything else that is why I have been blabbering about this topic since I joined this forum frequently.

There is this retarded and simplistic myth (that many of our own fans propagandize, locals included) of Ronaldinho single-handedly saving Barça in 2003 and onwards on. Bullshit. What saved Barça was an entire new board with promising ideas and a clear plan (sporting and business) that changed the fortune of our club with hard work and not throwing the towel in the ring. Rijkaard was not many days/weeks away from getting fired after a disasterous/bad first half of the 2003-04 season that the same "savior" Ronaldinho was a key part of. Rosell and other board members wanted big changes in the squad too as a consequence. Laporta stayed true to his initial plans though and kept his head cool and rest is football history. Signing Davids in January 2004 was another master stroke.

BTW as far as Griezmann goes, if he flops (a world class player proven for years in every team that he has played in to date and for France), it will only be due to Malmierda and him being played out of position. Or a serious injury or some serious personal problems. Otherwise he should be a secure bet to shine for us. However if Malmierda's plan is to play him as some kind of "left winger", we might as well loan him out to PSG for €8.5 million (LOL) next summer to PSG, as he won't live up to his undeniable world class level in such a limited (for him) role.

BBZ8800

There is this retarded and simplistic myth (that many of our own fans propagandize, locals included) of Ronaldinho single-handedly saving Barça in 2003 and onwards on. Bullshit. What saved Barça was an entire new board with promising ideas and a clear plan (sporting and business) that changed the fortune of our club with hard work and not throwing the towel in the ring. Rijkaard was not many days/weeks away from getting fired after a disasterous/bad first half of the 2003-04 season that the same "savior" Ronaldinho was a key part of. Rosell and other board members wanted big changes in the squad too as a consequence. Laporta stayed true to his initial plans though and kept his head cool and rest is football history. Signing Davids in January 2004 was another master stroke.

I agree.
Regarding Laporta, that is my favorite era when Barca came from the bottom (early 2000s) to a current level (La Ligas in 2005 and 2006 with Joga Bonita and winning a CL after 14 years of misery).
I didn't get it then, but now that I am older, I see that Laporta and Rijkaard did a lot of things differently.

1. Laporta is better than Rosell and Barto
2. Laporta had a vision. He picked a new coach who was good with Netherlands and played good, attacking football
3. Laporta hired the best sporting director in Begiristain
4. Laporta, Begi and Rijkaard decided to turn the page and sold ALL seniors from the unsucessful era and turn a new page:
Gk Bonano, Enke
Defenders: Reiziger, Frank De Boer, Andersson, Christanval, Sorin,
Midfielders: Cocu, Riquelme, Mendieta, Rochemback,
Attackers: Saviola, Kluivert, Overmars, Dani Garcia, Lucho
5. further, Rijkaard had an awesome team. His assistant manager was Ten Cate.
He was in a team in 2004, 2005 and 2006 and then he moved to coach Ajax.
When Ten Cate left a team, we started our downfall.
So, basically, maybe we had 2 coaches and not only 1?
6. Further, Begiristain was awesome and his transfers were awesome.
This is a list of all his good and bad transfers:
Good: Ronaldinho, Marquez, Davids (loan), Gio (loan+buy), Larsson (free), Deco, Guily, Edmilson, Belletti, Sylvinho, Etoo, Van Bommel (free), Henry, Yaya Toure, Abidal
Bad: Rustu Recber, Quaresma, Maxi Lopez, Ezquerro (free), Zambrotta, Thuram, Gudjohnsen, Gabriel Milito (injuries)

His success rate was 15:8, which is around 65%.
Now, compare that work to current directors and transfers of: Denis, Gomes, Paco, Digne, Dembele, Coutinho, Arda, Neymar (attempt no2) etc.

6. Further, I remember when Rijkaard said in 2005 that they were buying ONLY Players who were captains, leaders and best players of their teams.
He said: I want a team of warriors and leaders. Who are also awesome players.
Larsson was a leader of Celtic and Sweden.
Van Bommel was a captain of Netherlands and Psv.
Edmilson was a captain (iirc) of Lyon.
Marquez was a captain of Mexico and Monaco.
Guily was a captain of Monaco who has just played in a CL final against Porto.
Deco was a key player of Porto who won a CL under Porto in 2004.
Ronnie was a key young player of Brasil in winning a WC in 2002.
Xavi was the best player of all youth Spanish teams who were winning world cups.
Iniesta also.

Now, compare that to a current era of Andre Gomes, Denis, Digne, Paco, Dembele, Malcom and Coutinho.

7. further, I have mentioned in the past, but folks didn't agree:
I personally like more when our directors and coaches are midfielders or attackers.
For example, Pep was a pivot. He was watching build up, movement off the ball, defending, how to unlock defenses for 15 years.
Of course that he "knows" how to set a team.
Rijkaard was also a pivot. Of course that his team was tactically good and very strong in defense.
Further, Begiristain was a winger during dream team.
He also learned from Crujff.
Now, when you pair Begiristain who worked under Pep and played for Barca with Rijkaard who came from Netherlands and played under Van Gaal at Ajax, chances are way higher that you will recognize talent.
Also, since Rijkaard played for Milan in 90s, he knew what type of winning mentality players need to have. He won 3 Cls with Milan and Ajax and Euro 88.
This is why he was buying those leaders, captains and warriors.

Now, when Rosell and Barto came, their sporting director was Zubi.
He was a GK.
No offense to anyone, but which is more likely:
1) that a GK will be better at spotting talent for Barca
2) or a midfielder/attacker?

Now, our director is Abidal.
Imo, he is hired only because he is a former player and survived a cancer, so that Barto gets points with fans.
But again, he was a fullback who was a crap in attack, like Semedo.

Now, imagine in 20 years:
1) would you rather have Busi/Xavi as a director?
2) Semedo?
3) or Mats?

This is exactly how I am looking at Zubi, Abidal vs Pep, Rijkaard and Begiristain.
Further, we have just hired Valdes, as a new youth coach, another GK...

Also, an interesting thing, Begiristain went to City in 2012, and of course that all of their transfers are AWESOME, unlike ours.

So, a good team should have:
1. money
2. a good sporting director with knowledge and vision
3. a good coach and his team

Today, we have only:
1. money
2. our directors suck
3. our coach and his team sucks

8. Also, back then, we didn't buy young players at all.
Ronnie and Etoo were 23 and 24. They were the youngest players.
Other guys were usually aged 25-28.

The only kid whom we bought was Quaresma, and he sucked like Dembele.
Rijkaard and Begiristain NEVER again bought a youngster from 2004 to 2009.
Yet, a current board is obsessed with Dembele, Malcom, Denis, Gomes, Paco, Digne, Mina, Todibo, Lenglet, Arthur etc.

9. Laporta hired 2 coaches:
1. Rijkaard, 3 times CL winner and Euro 88 winner
2. Pep, a pivot in Crujff's Dream team

Rosell and Barto hired:
Tito
Tata
Lucho, a former star
Valverde, a former squad player
And we were on a verge of hiring Unzue, lol.

Now take a lok at Laporta's and Barto's list of coaches and their career's, knowledge and personality pre Barca.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I am starting to think that Barto is the biggest problem of our club.

Finally! Valverde is a horrible coach but he was chosen and he is protected by Barto. So the root of all evil comes from our beloved president who doesn't have any idea how to organize a club like Barca, he has no vision and he probably doesn't understand football at all.

Last edited:

fergus90

Timing is everything and Bartomeu had all the luck in the world being the man in charge during that treble season. As great as it was for the history books, the club is managed by idiots now .

There is no direction, it’s the galactico era. Bartomeu and Rosell tried everything the could to undermine the model of what made Barca successful and unique.

Don Andrésº8

barto retardo will also be gone with the other mtfuker, they are destroying barcelona and only people who want the worst for the club can deny it

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
5. further, Rijkaard had an awesome team. His assistant manager was Ten Cate.
He was in a team in 2004, 2005 and 2006 and then he moved to coach Ajax.
When Ten Cate left a team, we started our downfall.
So, basically, maybe we had 2 coaches and not only 1?

That is a pretty important observation and I 100% agree - Pep also had an extra ordinary lieutenant in Tito (RIP) who was an able tactician himself. I will always remember that Valencia game where he was the manager as Pep was suspended and he turned the things around just by making a substitute in the half time.

Our current dumb fuck of a manager does not have someone who can impart any ideas at all in his stupid brain!

Jadentheman

Finally! Valverde is a horrible coach but he was chosen and he is protected by Barto. So the root of all evil comes from our beloved president who doesn't have any idea how to organize a club like Barca, he has no vision and he probably doesn't understand football at all.

Actually it's the socios fault for voting for the Rosell administration three times in a row. Even when all these problems arose.(Yes Barto is the continuation of Rosell let's be real) Laporta ran again and he lost

MagIX

so how would you percentageally distribute the responsibility?

serghei

60% EV . 20% players. 20% Barto. Barto is the least of the problems. Though him keeping EV is a disgrace, his transfers since the Cou/Dembele debacle have been as good as any club in Europe.

The way I see it, when the manager has been exposed as an incompetent at the highest level, and if Roma didn't do that, Liverpool surely did, then the main role in that moment is passed to the board, to fire his ass.

If instead of firing him, they extend him 1 more season, I'd say Barto becomes the no1 responsible for the situation at the club. It means he lacks leadership and vision.

Board -> Valverde -> Seniors -> Rest of the squad in terms of fault.

Home of Barca Fans