Antoine Griezmann

Sorin

tbh that isn't the case in Spain. The release clause isn't related to the buying club.
It is about labour movement and the ability to leave working place for fair compensation, it is actually a labour law and not a football one.
For that, the player is the one who was actually paying the release clause, not the buying club. And prior to 2016 that caused problems because those money that club pays was considered income and therefore was taxed

Ok it still doesn't change anything. Rarely do players have the money to pay their release clauses so the buying clubs are always involved. For that there must be contact between the buying club and the player representatives(agent, lawyer etc.) before the actual payment is done at the league hq.

This is a cut and dry case. Does Atletico have proof of a legalized document between Barca and Griezmann's camp that atests to the definitive agreement between parts from before the 1st of July? If they do then fair enough, they are entitled to another 80m. If they don't have that and only have proof of both parties just talking about a possible deal, then they are shit out of luck.

Last edited:

xXKonan

If Atletico had any proof they would have already reported it to Fifa.

Again last year Gil Martin claims they "OH WE HAVE EVIDENCE! TO SUGGEST BARCA WAS DOING UNLAWFUL THINGS!" yet they didn't show it or take it to Fifa. They are mad that they got played by Griezmann during the contract negotiations that led to them inserting a variable clause into the contract and are currently trying to save face.

BarçaBarça

"He dubbed the voice of Superman in the French version of Batman: the LEGO movie.". From the website.
Looooool, he is such a weirdo :lol:

Afromaticz

Griezmann stopped being a left winger a long time ago..the guy has to play centrally with the license to roam and we all know thats never gonna happen.
Valverde will insist on playin him out wide and the guy is gonna flop. The sad part is u can't even blame him.

Potroh

If the board was that stupid to sign anything, then they simply deserve it.

Otherwise I'm quite pessimistic about Griezmann. He is good but not a miracle for Barca. If he is played on left-wing, he will be definitely another Coutinho, because he is not a winger - at all.

I wouldn't have bought him, specially not at the age of 29 with a 5 year contract. I can imagine Griezmann playing here at the age of 34, not a nice dream...

kattanib

Watch Atletico actually win the case, ending Bartos career as Barca president because he burned 200M on Griezmann :coffee:

I think we are witnessing the greatest player in Barca history playing as well as the worst president and manager in our team’s history

xxxxxx

If they knew about him signing a contract on the 9th of March, why are they only bringing it up now?

Yeah, they have no case.

gregorrin10

[tw]1149643954205294593[/tw]

We finally here.

I could cry.

Dreams become reality today.

Polar opposite of Suarez screaming at the boy every time he doesn't get a pass from him. Great that they are both French, should help in keeping Dembele a lot. I have no doubt Griezmann is able to bench Suarez, the only question now is, does EV have the balls to bench Suarez and play Dembele? My guess is: sadly no.

Home of Barca Fans