Antoine Griezmann

Porque

F*ck the dressing room. If they want to play with their friends then they can play Pro Evo while the rest of the world plays Fifa.

Trafalgar

Griezmann is being bought out of pure status reasons. The board's got a need to present a real star player.
I have no idea how we're supposed to balance our team.

1. To the left Dembélé would do a better job. I feel he should be given a chance after having a full pre-season with the team.

2. As a CF he'd probably be lost with Messi on the pitch. And what would happen to Suárez?

3. Playing him as RW means Messi false nine and Suárez either plays to the left or bench.

4. 4-4-2 as a right mid would mean our left flank is all about Alba because Valverde would never play:
Griezmann, Frenkie, Busi/Arthur, Dembouz
Messi, Suarez

The difficulty to predict how we'll play is due to Valverde.
Because we know that Busi, Rakitic, Suárez and Messi are undisputed starters, and that doesn't leave a lot of possibility for innovations.

If you buy someone for 120M it should be clear what position the player is supposed to reinforce.

A star lmao, next joke please ...

xXKonan

If the idea is to have him in a more central role like perhaps even as a False 9ish role with him and Messi swapping a bit, It could work even if he's not a perfect fit as a pure CF and having a winger out wide (Dembele/Malcom doing a lot of the work width wise.

But if our idea is to Sprunk 120 Million on him just to play him as an LW only, that would be such an incredible waste of money. I give him he's more flexible than Coutinho is but the days of Griezmann being an LW are long gone now.

BBZ8800

If the idea is to have him in a more central role like perhaps even as a False 9ish role with him and Messi swapping a bit, It could work even if he's not a perfect fit as a pure CF and having a winger out wide (Dembele/Malcom doing a lot of the work width wise.

But if our idea is to Sprunk 120 Million on him just to play him as an LW only, that would be such an incredible waste of money. I give him he's more flexible than Coutinho is but the days of Griezmann being an LW are long gone now.

In a year or two, he will be able to play as a LW, Cf, Ss and Rw.

Messi could be gone in a year or two...
In 2 years, he will be 34.

soul24rage

I still think Messi will do everything he can to be in good condition for the WC 22.
As long as he doesn't have any big injuries, I can still see him being at least among the top 5 best player in the world till the WC 22 imo.

BBZ8800

I still think Messi will do everything he can to be in good condition for the WC 22.
As long as he doesn't have any big injuries, I can still see him being at least among the top 5 best player in the world till the WC 22 imo.

People can't even imagine that.
But Ronnie was done at 28.
Rivaldo was forced out of a club by Van Gaal aged 28.
Henry stayed till 33, but scored only 4 goals aged 32-33. Went to Usa after that.
Villa aged 33 played in Australia and Usa.
Xavi and Iniesta played like grannies after 33.

Imo, it is quite likely that Messi has only 1 or 2 world class seasons infront of him.
If he gets injured, he could be semi-finished even this season (remember Villa, Neymar, Ronnie once when they started to pick up injuries).

My point is: why do people bother where will Griezz play in the next season?
If he will click well, he will stay and will be our leader for 2, 3, 4 years after Messi.

Raketa10

Messi won't be gone in a year for sure. I bet he will be here for at least 3 more years and maybe even more.

CatalinR10

People can't even imagine that.
But Ronnie was done at 28.
Rivaldo was forced out of a club by Van Gaal aged 28.
Henry stayed till 33, but scored only 4 goals aged 32-33. Went to Usa after that.
Villa aged 33 played in Australia and Usa.
Xavi and Iniesta played like grannies after 33.

Imo, it is quite likely that Messi has only 1 or 2 world class seasons infront of him.

Sorry dawg , Messi just scored over 50 goals a season aged almost 32 , he clearly has more than 1 or 2 seasons in him.

BBZ8800

Sorry dawg , Messi just scored over 50 goals a season aged almost 32 , he clearly has more than 1 or 2 seasons in him.

Cr7 aged 30: 61 goals for RM
Aged 31: 51 goals
Aged 32: 42 goals
Aged 33: 44 goals
Aged 34: 28 goals for Juve

Etoo aged 30: 37 goals
Aged 32: 21 goals
Aged 33: 14 goals
Aged 34: 6 goals

Ruud V Nistelrooy
Aged 30: 33 goals
Aged 34: 10 goals

Shevchenko:
Aged 29: 28 goals
Aged 33: 2 goals

Cr7 and Zlatan are rare guys with high numbers aged 33 and 34.
Majority of players deteriorate fast in that age.

I personally don't believe that Messi will be that deadly in 2020/21 season.

xxxxxx

The thing with Messi is he also has more to his game than just scoring goals. That's why I believe Messi can still be a top 5 player in the world till he's 36.

Tackle

The thing with Messi is he also has more to his game than just scoring goals. That's why I believe Messi can still be a top 5 player in the world till he's 36.

Doubt it. Even if he could still be that good he will still be retired or in Argentina before then.

Mind you that players start to deteriorate very quickly after age 32. Him being good from 28-32 does not mean he will hold up well from 32-36. He has already declined a large amount physically already. He is slower, more sluggish and less sharp now than a 2011 Messi or even 2015 Messi. He does not completely take over matches and put on shows for the fans nearly as frequently as he used to.

The average Messi match in 2019 is:

- Walking 95% of the match, closer to 99% in La Liga games
- A killer pass or two
- Free kick goal
- A nice finish from open play

This is a very predictable style and can be easily neutralized by good teams in international tournaments and the CL. It is still enough to win the league however.

He still awakens during the key moments to make the difference, but he is not everywhere anymore. Soon he will appear less and less to make the difference. That's just football.

Givenchy

Cr7 aged 30: 61 goals for RM
Aged 31: 51 goals
Aged 32: 42 goals
Aged 33: 44 goals
Aged 34: 28 goals for Juve

Etoo aged 30: 37 goals
Aged 32: 21 goals
Aged 33: 14 goals
Aged 34: 6 goals

Ruud V Nistelrooy
Aged 30: 33 goals
Aged 34: 10 goals

Shevchenko:
Aged 29: 28 goals
Aged 33: 2 goals

Cr7 and Zlatan are rare guys with high numbers aged 33 and 34.
Majority of players deteriorate fast in that age.

I personally don't believe that Messi will be that deadly in 2020/21 season.

nobody knows for sure but Messi is on another planet compared to those players

Messi could evolve his game once more but i do think he'll retire earlier than alot of people think/want.

Home of Barca Fans