Antoine Griezmann

cro-man

He was a ghost for france except few good set pieces and was one of the reasons why am got into europe league. Nobody cares about europe league and his contribition there. The only reason why he did start to perform was the arrival of diego costa. No reason to see him anywhere near top 3.

Bulgroz

He was a ghost for france except few good set pieces and was one of the reasons why am got into europe league. Nobody cares about europe league and his contribition there. The only reason why he did start to perform was the arrival of diego costa. No reason to see him anywhere near top 3.

:lol:

Sure. He was involved in almost every good counter attack during the tournament with decisive link up in the middle, scored 4 goals (yeah yeah, penalties are super easy to score during a WC, everybody knows that sure, you have to be terrible to miss one during such a big tournament, right ?... right ?), gave 2 assists, was involved in 3 of the 4 goals France scored during the final. Typical ghost.

ASordidGod

:lol:

Sure. He was involved in almost every good counter attack during the tournament with decisive link up in the middle, scored 4 goals (yeah yeah, penalties are super easy to score during a WC, everybody knows that sure, you have to be terrible to miss one during such a big tournament, right ?... right ?), gave 2 assists, was involved in 3 of the 4 goals France scored during the final. Typical ghost.

His set pieces were excellent, his all round game nothing special imo. To be honest no-one really stood out consistently for France. Which isn't to downplay their win by the way; personally I can't stand the way they play, particularly considering the talent they've got, but overall it was very, very effective, and everyone in the team did their job. Like I say, good team win, though if pressed I'd put the performances of Kante, Varane, Pogba, and Mbappe above Griezmann. I don't know, maybe I'm expecting a bit much, but he's like Dybala in that I'm always left a little underwhelmed watching him. A good player, obviously, capable of great things, but so are 20, 30 players all around his level. Like I'm not expecting him to be Messi, obviously, but for the hype he's a little anti-climatic. In terms of talent way off someone like Neymar,imo, or Hazard. A step below.

El Gato

Villarato!
There is just no way CR7 had a better season than this guy! Not even Salah for that matter!!

A guy who nearly became a league topscorer in 4 months of football shouldn't be in top3? I mean CR had a very good year, much better than the year prior and he pulled off some crazy scoring stats. Griez's year was good, but not memorable. He needs to crack the memorability formula to be nominated for individual things.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A guy who nearly became a league topscorer in 4 months of football shouldn't be in top3? I mean CR had a very good year, much better than the year prior and he pulled off some crazy scoring stats. Griez's year was good, but not memorable. He needs to crack the memorability formula to be nominated for individual things.

CR7 didn't nearly become a top scorer, he was 8 goals shorter, most of those goals were typical stat padding, has scored just 1 more goal than Suarez and much fewer number of assists - Not one Barca fan was happy with his season and wanted him out!

Yes his performance in CL is better than Suarez but that was just for 2 KO rounds!

NO he did not have a great year

Laplacian

Modric is the best midfielder in the world.

He wasn't the best last season. Individually his season was pretty average. Other players (like De bruyne) performed better. Modric shouldn't be in the top 3 for ballon d'or or fifa's best player award. Have no idea how the fuck he's there.

George_Costanza

He wasn't the best last season. Individually his season was pretty average. Other players (like De bruyne) performed better. Modric shouldn't be in the top 3 for ballon d'or or fifa's best player award. Have no idea how the fuck he's there.

108206229.jpg

George_Costanza

It's evident that the way to individual trophies is UCL. Not the league, not the WC. KDB was unplayable last season but Modric edged in the UCL and WC.

Home of Barca Fans