Antoine Griezmann

George_Costanza

I know that this drama looks a bit over the top, but we don't even know if this is true or not - the easiest clickbait right now is that Griezmann is a drama-queen as both Barcafans and Atleticofans (and United-fans who also wants closure) will agree without thinking about it.

Look at every single truly world-class signing in history and find one that went smooth and without drama? Every single world-record transfer in history has been covered in soap-opera-like drama, even before twitter/internet etc.

In Real they forgive Ronaldo for claiming attention after a bad CL-final in any way he could, but we are ready to turn down a world-class player because he is announcing it in a stupid way? That is laughable to me. Who really thinks about the clubs future, if we are so proud we can't accept players because of their SOME-strategy..

I hope he doesn't go full LeBron, but the important thing to me is that we don't need to watch Suarez run offside 50 times a game the next 3 years.

And tbh, if some twitter-stuff pisses Atletico-fans off, then how about being grateful stayed with them in their darkest hour? They had a transfer-ban, he wanted to go to United, but he turned it down, extended and stayed loyal to help the club. Now, the last few games for Atletico the fans whistles him and think he is a traitor for not staying for life..

We just have to follow a wise man words in this situation: "If you have second thoughts on playing for Barcelona, you are no longer of service to us." Johan Cruyff

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The latest indication from Madrid is that Griezmann is in the process of renewing his contract with Atlético Madrid. [md] <a href="https://t.co/Z7w9eSi15M">pic.twitter.com/Z7w9eSi15M</a></p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1007233334265765896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Remove that damn 7 bojan:lol: Nice pr show from atm and griezmann but everyone knows his decision since weeks....

Neeraj

To be honest this looks worse on ATM and their fans that it does on us. What a clown and what a circus :lol:

This looks like the worst possible way to tell someone that you're staying. You're not even pleasing your own fans this way..

Givenchy

To be honest this looks worse on ATM and their fans that it does on us. What a clown and what a circus :lol:

This looks like the worst possible way to tell someone that you're staying. You're not even pleasing your own fans this way..

hes getting alot of heat from Atleti fans already

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
hes getting alot of heat from Atleti fans already

Deservedly so. This is not how a player should be treating the fans, especially fans of his current club who are more nervous than anybody else.

To me Griezmann deciding to stay is OK athletically as I think he is a nice-to-have but not a must-have (we will have to start looking for a new forward/striker/scorer in the next couple of years though) and his arrival might impede on the playing time and development of Dembele.

What bothers me a bit is the message like this one (and Neymar’s departure last summer and several other players who rejected us) sends out, that we are not as appealing as we think we are, with players leaving us and snubbing us. Hurts the image of the club in my opinion.

But overall I am glad it is over. Move on.

cro-man

He wants attention he is a guy who said himself he wants to win more titels even bdo. He knows that this is maybe the last time in his life where he will get this kind of attention. Nobody cares about atm and who knows what will happen with them in the next years if they dont solve their financial problems. Atm is fine with this they are making a big show of this and trying rub it under our nouse at its best way possible(so they think atleast).

Givenchy

Deservedly so.

To me Griezmann deciding to stay is OK athletically as I think he is a nice-to-have but not a must-have (we will have to start looking for a new forward/striker/scorer in the next couple of years though) and his arrival might impede on the playing time and development of Dembele.

What bothers me a bit is the message like this one (and Neymar’s departure last summer and several other players who rejected us) sends out, that we are not as appealing as we think we are, with players leaving us and snubbing us. Hurts the image of the club in my opinion.

But overall I am glad it is over. Move on.

nah this is a different situation. Griezmann did the same thing to United, imo he doesn't have the balls to leave his comfort zone. Neymar is a typical greedy new-breed of footballers, he chose the money and tbh it wasn't that suprising he left, many said he wouldn't retire here.

how the board act now is crucial though, i think we should go with Thiago, Martial, De Ligt. get a deal on Frankie for next season.

FCBfan22

[tw]1007242369740234753[/tw]

King of Twitter back at it.

In case of Griezmann staying at Atleti (which is the more likely one), I really hope that Pep Segura loses his job.

El Gato

Villarato!
I told you all these juvenile French-English idiots are idolising popculture NBA style too much. Copying LeBron is ridiculous :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
nah this is a different situation. Griezmann did the same thing to United, imo he doesn't have the balls to leave his comfort zone. Neymar is a typical greedy new-breed of footballers, he chose the money and tbh it wasn't the suprising he left, many said he wouldn't retire here.

how the board act now is crucial though, i think we should go with Thiago, Martial, De Ligt. get a deal on Frankie for next season.

I don't think Griezmann was ever seriously linked to Manchester United, regardless of what their fans believe.

Manchester United is a top tier club in terms of revenue and global fanbase, but not a top tier club for the players these days. The best non-German players in the world prefer Real Madrid and us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am a little disgusted that Pique tried to cash in on something that impacts his own club and fans.

He should just retire from football and focus 24/7 on his business.

Home of Barca Fans