Antoine Griezmann

BBZ8800

But how many CL wins do they have in the past 5 years? None and we have 1.

We have Messi.
Remove Messi from maths and we have a bunch of technical schoolboys with a weak mental strength.
Who are not even that technical anymore.

Am have chokers who can at least knockout us and reach Cl finals.

We are not a force anymore, outside of La liga.

serghei

We have Messi.
Remove Messi from maths and we have a bunch of technical schoolboys with a weak mental strength.

:lol: He's just a player man. One player doesn't have that much influence as you think.

Andrew M

We have Messi.

I agree in the CL we need to be more dynamic and not so easy defend against.

But that still doesn't mean Atleti have greater potential than us in Europe. I mean they were in the Europa League for a reason last season.

The importance of Messi to us can be equated to Simeone's importance to Atleti. Difference is, while Atleti have made great commercial strides in the last few years, they are still not even in the top 10 for highest revenues and are miles behind us and Real at the top of the tree. Once Messi goes and we no longer have his huge wage we could pay two top class players for his one salary. After Simeone goes they'll be fighting it out with Spurs, Arsenal et al, not the big boys. At the end of the day talent will normally come out on top and that requires money.

Valencia made two CL finals in the early 2000s in a short period but couldn't sustain it and their commercial means historically is similar to Atleti. Atleti may not win a CL for 30 years. Given our economic force and potential for growth we surely will have European success after Messi, though right now we are too dependent on him.

You must remember that commercially our growth in the last 15 years has been enormous. Our brand is so much stronger now than 20 years ago that you can't compare it to previous eras. in 2004 we were not even in the top 10 for highest revenues.

Last edited:

gr98

Thierry Marchand of l'Equipe just said that Griezmann will give his answer tomorrow.
[tw]1006968527893549056[/tw]

Givenchy

He’s a basketball fan. He might be trying to emulate lebron’s famous “decision”

I was looking at Griezmanns twitter and fwiw (i don't know much about NBA) Griezmann retweeted this 'Trust The Process!!!! Find a new slant [MENTION=22751]king[/MENTION]James' anything to do with Lebron and his decision?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was looking at Griezmanns twitter and fwiw (i don't know much about NBA) Griezmann retweeted this 'Trust The Process!!!! Find a new slant [MENTION=22751]king[/MENTION]James' anything to do with Lebron and his decision?

Trust The Process = Philadelphia 76ers

Prob want LBJ to go there.

Androutsos

I don't think he is going to outright say "I'm going to Barca" before July 1st. He will probably just announce that he is leaving or staying... most likely leaving.

FCBfan22

This guy really thinks he is LeBron...

[tw]1007038400547811328[/tw]

[youtube]RTeCc8jy7FI[/youtube]

So, is Griezmann taking his talents to Spanish south-east beach?

:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans