Tim Krul

iookram

Good young keeper, 1 of my fave young keepers. As a Barca and Newcastle fan, I'm happy that Newcastle's goalkeeping spot will be in good hands(Tim Krul).

You guys have any opinions on Krul?

Couldn't find any recent compilations so:

Against Palermo(his Newcastle debut):

Good save against Brazil(his senior team Netherlands debut):

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's alright. not the greatest, but he definitely has a beastmode. it was in full flow yesterday, Brazil were gettin' nothing past him!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
he's alright. not the greatest, but he definitely has a beastmode. it was in full flow yesterday, Brazil were gettin' nothing past him!

To be honest, he was exceptional against Brazil. Fantastic goal tending. Not sure if this is his norm but that was such a positive display.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I'm glad we've got another talented keeper coming up! A couple of years ago, pundits were complaining about the lack of Dutch young talented keepers, but now we've got Stekelenburg, who's one of the best gk's in the world imo, and there's Vermeer, Krul, Vorm, Velthuizen and Cillessen, who are all reasonably young and talented. There's no great drop in quality after VDS's retirement, thankfully. Stekelenburg is in the same league imo, although less experienced.

Sewelly

He's a talented shotstopper. Like most young goalkeepers (he is only 23) his allround game is a long way off being mastered, but the more gametime he gets the better he is going to get. I think and hope he is going to be our outright #1 next season because the benefits of persisting with Harper are almost non-existant these days.

The only other thing is we have Forster returning from his Celtic loan, and he is also a decent young keeper so there is competition there. In the long term one will have to go because you can't keep 2 young keepers on the books who both want to play football. I'd think Krul is the better option atm but then it'll be a shame to see another local talent sold.

Last edited:

iookram

He's a talented shotstopper. Like most young goalkeepers (he is only 23) his allround game is a long way off being mastered, but the more gametime he gets the better he is going to get. I think and hope he is going to be our outright #1 next season because the benefits of persisting with Harper are almost non-existant these days.

The only other thing is we have Forster returning from his Celtic loan, and he is also a decent young keeper so there is competition there. In the long term one will have to go because you can't keep 2 young keepers on the books who both want to play football. I'd think Krul is the better option atm but then it'll be a shame to see another local talent sold.

Are you also a Barca-Newcastle fan(I am one)?

Agree with your post. And don't forget that we've got young Jak Alnwick in the academy/reserves. He's in the England youth set-up so we could potentially have 3 good young keepers in the 1st team. Wouldn't be realistic though.

Sewelly

Nah I'm just a Newcastle fan, but like anybody who understands football I have an admiration for Barca and this place is a good source of info.

Funny you should mention Alnwick, I went to school with him up until a couple of years ago. He's a good keeper by all accounts, we seem to consistently do well with goalkeepers.

Hatem Ben Arfa

7071410069_da7eb7aa09_b.jpg

Having a fantastic season!

Home of Barca Fans