User Tag List

Thread: 2011/2012 Pre-Season.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2011/2012 Pre-Season.

Doesn't look like ill ever be able to afford it to get over to Spain to watch Barca so heres my question.

Do you think Barcelona will be playing any pre-season games in the UK or Ireland?

Thanks

Mr. Japes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Germany and America this year.

Two matches in Bayern's Audi Cup then Man Utd, Guadalajara and Club America in the US. Plus the Gamper, obv.

The Reckoner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
    Doesn't look like ill ever be able to afford it to get over to Spain to watch Barca so heres my question.

Do you think Barcelona will be playing any pre-season games in the UK or Ireland?

Thanks
    unless you are intending on flying a golden rocket it's extremely cheap to go to BCN from the UK and ireland.
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

woobie
    What Lemmi said. Roundtrip Ryanair flights (or Easyjet or Vueling) are - if you watch prices and can find a good sale - probably going to end up less expensive than a match ticket.

nejcf15
    and match in Split (Croatia) on 23th July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easyjet is good mate. Variety of UK airports to Barcelona they fly from

ChameleonEyes
    Does anyone know what hotel Barca will be staying at for their game against Man U in Maryland on 30-Jul-2011?

woobie
    Hi Chameleon Eyes! (Ray Hudson fan, by chance?)

I don't think the club's stated where they'll be staying in MD/DC yet. Certainly lots of options around. My bet is that they'll stay somewhere in DC proper.

ChameleonEyes
    Hey Woobie!

Oh yea big time Ray Hudson fan! I cant imagine watching a Barca game without Ray Hudson calling it. I have looked on their website and have not read anything about where they will be staying. If you hear anything please let me know! I am hoping the entire squad will be there for the game. I dont think they have released rosters but I am hoping Alves and Messi will show after Copa America and I am hoping Puyol will at least come to train with the squad since his knee surgery.

woobie
    Hah, interesting. Ray Hudson makes me crazy after about 10 minutes - but a good deal of that is probably his sidekick. I tend to switch to the Spanish language commentary when Barcleona games are on Goltv. But I know Hudson is massively popular with a lot of folks so mine is probably a minority opinion.

As for the hotel...really, no clue yet and I'm not positive Barca release that information all the time (others may know this). My guess is it'll be one of the big downtown hotels. As for the squad, it should be interesting to see who does come because as you noted there's the Copa America and Puyol's injury -- but there's also the Euro U21s, and a bunch of the Barca B guys (who often come on the summer tours) are representing Spain so...

immaculately conceived
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust myself implicitly.

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see some game time for Rafinha and possibly Deulofeu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any rumours yet who will be invited for the Gamper?