rome or wembey

• wembley

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • rome

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Rome was remarkable, but it's always harder to win it the 2nd time (In the sense of Guardiola's team) and to win it in a very significant place for Barca against a very tough opposition and in the way that we did, it's Wembley for me.

Last edited:

zanela

The Iniesta moment at SB cannot be topped, for me. Injuries and Suspensions had marred our chances. Iniesta and Henry's availability was a doubt. Question marks over the defence and Pep's tactical ability against a veteran. For both Iniesta and Henry to start and the former to put in a masterclass in his first appearance post-injury, playing with a makeshift defense, Sylvi's farewell match, and avenging our '08 loss.,..Rome remains special for me. It also marked the completion of our treble, a historic season.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
In terms of the final as a single match, no doubt it was last nights. The Rome final felt like we were playing Getafe with all respect to United, after the first few minutes United never put up a challenge, it was cruise. In England I felt the heat when Rooney scored, the game was much more intense than Rome's, and I definitely jumped higher on Messi's England goal than the Rome goal.

In terms of the CL as a whole, its a tie for me. This season seemed like a fairy tale, couldn't be scripted better. First losing the Copa, than receiving immense criticism following the Classico Semi's, and of course the Abidal case. It was all going downhill, than we erased it all, a win while producing one of the finest performances in a CL final ever, and win back the respect of the whole world. Abidal lifts the trophy to complete the dairy tale ending.
The 2009 CL was significant because of 1) The Treble, 2) Iniesta's magical moment against all odds. Nothing will ever come close to inducing the emotions I felt with Andres's strike.

Discussing which CL final win we enjoyed most eh, boy we are being spoiled...

Ocelot

I don't really know :blush:

2009 was memorable. After 2 bad years, a new inexperienced manager, underdogs in the final, :iniesta: , treble.

2011 Revenge over Mourinho, Carrying the best team in the world tag, Semi final, Abidal , one of the finest performances ever in the final match

Both seasons were just perfect. We are lucky to have lived it. :)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Rome felt vital, we needed it that year. I have never reacted to a goal like I did to Iniesta's against Chelsea. We had to win it then and there.

This year was simply confirmation of what all of us should have known - that this team is very special. I was rarely nervous when the match was going on.

BigChill

I'll definitely choose Rome '09. That season had two luck factors. One was Iniesta's goal in Stamford Bridge & the other, in addition, was Pedro's goal against Estudiantes La Plata in FIFA Club World Cup. The new Dream Team is born after they have won the 2nd UCL trophies under Guardiola and totally the 4th in Barca history. Baresi admits that Guardiola's team is equal to AC Milan Dream Team under his era.

Richard.H

Rome for me. Winning the title that year was much more memorable for me, mainly because there was a title drought the seasons before. Also, it was incredible to win when every single news article was saying that Man U would hammer us. Plus, the celebrations for Rome were much more emotional and rewarding I felt. I remember Sylvinho crying and I think Pep had some tears that day also. Truly a magnificent final.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Wembley for me.

Rome was beautiful as it clinched the Treble, but the magical moment and emotional apex of that season came at Stamford Bridge. what happened in Rome was like The Scouring of The Shire. very good, but kind of an anti-climax in terms of drama after the epic moment that had preceded it. I mean after the first 10 minutes United just rolled over and died. it was like, "that it?" and we weren't at our free-flowing best either because of injuries and suspension.

Wembley, however, didn't follow any utterly miraculous moment and served as the emotional apex of the season. Madrid made those semi-finals so ugly that the epic achievement of downing them, and beautiful football we created, were drowned in bile - allowing the final to stand out. and we played much better football AND faced a much better opponent. United were still dominated, perhaps moreso than in Rome, but they were also better. they defended harder, they pressed us more, and by gum they even fought back and equalised! all of this made us play better, and we produced some gorgeous stuff including the monumentally cathartic strikes from Messi and Villa (to retake and secure the lead). pluuuus our three midfielders set-up our three forwards to score. and that's just lovely.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Difficult to say. Rome we faced a better United side, it was Pep's first year, and we won a treble for the first time. It was an incredible night. Wembley will live with me more vividly because I was there, plus you add in we beat United on home soil, and the repeat of 1992. Tough to choose between them tbh.

The significance of the win at Wembley, the competition & the road to get there makes it sweeter, for me...However, I really hated the way the venue organized a few things...The benches were too far from the pitch - isn't this a footy stadium??...Plus, the trophy presentation in those narrow aisles among the UEFA suits?...Hated it...Finally, the celebratory pose with the trophy confetti etc.?...Much more impressive in Rome, IMO - had a really distinctive feel of glory...The Wembley celebrations were a lot weaker, for me

The presentation box is a distinctive part of both old and new Wembley. It's one of the famous aspects to the stadium. Much better than some crappy plastic stand in the middle of the pitch.

Messi__10

I chose Wembley because of the history. The way we dominated man utd (even tough we dominated them in Rome as well) and the goals. Imo the goals in Wembley were more beautifull then those in Rome. And I think that there wasn't a difference in the fact that man utd was better in Rome or Wembley. Yes Ronaldo and Tevez left, but imo they became a more solid team when those players left. Plus They haven't lost one game during this campaign, only in the finals

Pedram123

2009 at Rome as others have suggested, was something memorable.
Just the way everything was set up, the celebration was much better, overall i have a feeling that there had been invested more money into rome then Wembley.

Home of Barca Fans