Just got back from Barcelona

Zqa-

So, I got back from Barcelona monday evening. Great 5 days in Barcelona. I love the city. I lived 50 meters from the Rambla, in the street Carerer de Ferran, at some cheap hotel (but what the heck). 5 Irish Pubs around me, so I was drinking alot and seeing alot of football (english) in the week. I was at the Stadio Olimpico, taking some pictures with my Barca jersey on, both in front of the stadium, in the stadium, and in front of the Espanyol Soci Official office :cool:.. Very nice. Sightseeing, buying cheap cloth and shoes, and drinking beers, pretty much what I did all those days. Oh, and I was of course at the Camp Nou, and taking the museum trip.

Saturday was the day, and I was psyched! I was very confident that this would be a show-off, and a 4-0 victory. So, I started of at a pub next to my hotel, seeing some match (Liverpool, or Aston Villa-Chelsea, if I remember correct), and then heading towards Camp Nou at 5:30. I had got a little drunk, but nothing serious (I wanted the full experience). So we took the Metro to Les Corts, where their were a (close to) a zillion people walking down the streets towards Camp Nou.. We, of course, walked towards it as well, but got into the first pub, which wasn't extremely crowded. We drank some more beer and left the pub again.
So, before the match I met the Boixos in some park next to the stadium who told me, that "Perico, el Morte!!!" over and over again.. They were singing, holding flares, singing some more and waving their flags. Great atmosphere. We stood there for some time, drinking beers and getting even more psyched.
Now, with about 30 mins for kick off, we got off. It was rather easy getting into the stadium, so we had about 20 mins to kill before the match started. Great seats at Lateral 2, though the atmosphere there, was a little boring, but great seats nevertheless.
The atmosphere on stadium was pretty confidente before the match, and there was alot of singing coming from behind one of the goals, where they had some flag-tifo as well.
Kickoff. .... you all know how this was.. terrible game, with a paid off White Scum referee..

Pep decisions in this match was pretty weird as well. Taking off Henry and Eto'o when you need a goal? What the hell? I blame much of the game on him.

Probably the worst 90 minutes of my life, and the following hour as well. So, of to a pub after the game, getting meself drunk, and then bank to the hotel to sleep it off. Terrible.

I don't have the pictures atm, because they were in my fathers back, but I will post some as soon as I get them.
Cheers, :cheers:

Barca_Ray_USA

:cheers: Thanx for the story Zqa. However, something is missing here. Beer, checked, football, checked, women...
Catalan girls, pretty? :smile:
I heard different stories on that subject

Zqa-

Ermm.. Most of the girls are decent.. Only a few beautiful girls, but, they are also very, very beautiful.. But I can't tell for sure, because I lived at la rambla, which is crowded with turist. But, as far as I saw, most of the girls are decent, and then a few model looking ones.

Evil

Shabazz
Thanx for sharing the story man, too bad about the result but it seems like fun ! looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Zqa-

I'm looking forward to seeing them as well ;)..

There will probably go some days, I'm going to Sweden tomorrow, to snowboard. But some time next week I will hopefully get them.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Nice, only downside to that story is the result of the match which should have been at least a draw for your sake.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Sweden? Expect our mmandela and ZenI to throw snowballs at you ;)

Wish it was soo. I live in the south of Sweden and I think Barcelona have seen more snow than me this year :lol:
I'm thinking of going to Barcelona on the 10th of May to see them play against Villareal. Or maybe I'll go for the Sevilla game 22 April. I haven't been to Nou Camp for 4 years now.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I have never been to camp nou or spain :/ I'm saving money for a trip so I can watch Barca for the first time in my life... The day I can afford it, it'll be a dream come true

Zqa-

Okay, I should hopefully get the pictures in 2-3 days.. My father is an complete computer idiot.. so now he is sending me the memory card with the pictures. He he. I post as soon as I get them.

Zqa-

I haven't seen any of the pictures either, so I'm really excited as well.. He send it by mail today, so it should be with me tomorrow or wednesday.. hopefully already tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans