Real Madrid new management model

El Gato

Villarato!
Marca.com, AS.com

As cited by Marca (and I know that they are bag of shit, but generally when it comes to Madrid management they weren't disgracefully unreliable), this Wednesday Florentino Perez is going to announce a brand new model of the club's management. It will be very, very similar to the model of Manchester United and Jose Mourinho will replay the role of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Mourinho's new, huge roles

After Jorge Valdano, whose presence was an obstacle to this, has left the club it's the Portuguese manager who will wield 100% of the pure sporting power of the club. He will keep an eye on all of the three teams: Real Madrid CF, Real Madrid Castilla and Real Madrid C (Juvenil) and also the very lowest age categories. In other words, he will be the absolute boss in Valdebebas.

It's also Mourinho who will set the boundaries of relationships with UEFA, RFEF, Refereeing Commitee and the Disciplinary Board, because of whom he had so many problems in the previous season in Madrid. Everything, literally EVERYTHING, that is to do with football will need to be confirmed with him. However, if so then who will do the work on the pitch ? It seems that this task he will leave to his assistants, Rui Faria, Silvinho Louro and Aitor Karanka to fulfill.

Mourinho will be at Valdebebas day-in and day-out. He will scout the opposing teams and setup training sessions for the first team, but he will not have too many chances to watch the training session in person. Who will from now on handle the press conferences ? It will be Aitor Karanka. The second coach of Real Madrid will be out there with the press before and after the games. Jose Mourinho will only come out to the press when he will feel the need to, because he aims to narrow down the contact with the media to the necessary minimum. Mourinho thinks that the participation in 4 press conferences per week is totally unnecessary and he will not be repeating himself.

Real Madrid coach will also propose the restoration of the medical staff who cooperated with Sanitas hospital up to this point. He wants a regular doctor at the club whose main assignment will be the everyday work with the players. The last thing he will have under control are the relationships and contacts of the players with the media which mainly involves the press conferences, interviews and reports. He will coordinate this issue in the institutional aspect by cooperating with Antonio Galeano (communications director) and in the sporting aspect with Oscar Ribot (the head of Real Madrid news). Also, from the beginning of the new season he wants the press to have restricted access to the Real Madrid airplanes during the journeys. Mourinho will complete regular reports to Jose Angel Sanchez (chief executive), but in the reality he will only answer to the man at the very top - Florentino Perez. If the president asks him, the Portuguese will inform the board of directors about specific issues or cases. It's also worth mentioning that Fernando Hierro has denied any links to Real Madrid: "I will not come to Real Madrid. I did not receive any offer, my future is not bound with Real Madrid."

The involvement of Zinedine Zidane

"I will bring you the new Messi". That was supposedly the answer to Florentino Perez's proposal of the Frenchman receiving the new role at the Sport's Director desk. It was the first major decision of the president after sacking Jorge Valdano and Zidane has accepted the offer with gratitude. He did not hesitate to express happiness, because of his new role. Zizou will take care of the First Team and Castilla, but his major assignment will be to help the youngest football kids and giving Mourinho and Florentino tips on signing the contracts with the young stars. Both of them blindly trust the Frenchman on that. It's worth mentioning that it was many years ago when Zidane was talking about Franck Ribery's talent which is now utilised by Bayern Munchen.

Zidane will be one of the primary scouts at Real Madrid, but also he will be the psychologist for the youngest and the newest players, that includes Castilla players like Alvaro Morata, Juan Carlos, Alex Fernandez or Denis who already express their talents. The Frenchman already took up the responsibilites of the Sporting Director and told Mourinho not to give up on Sergio Canales. In his opinion the Spanish talent is one of the brightest future stars in La Liga. He understands that 20-year old has to leave, but he hinted Mourinho only to think about deals with loaning the player. He blindly trusts the kid. Zidane will not interfere in Mourinho's job like Valdano used to do. This is exactly why Mourinho kept urging Perez to give Zidane the role bringing him much closer to the team. They like each other from the moment they've met and Mourinho recognises him as a great motivator and football expert.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel quite positive. Finally the coach receives much, much more crucial role in this team and I think the business is heading in the right direction. No more firing of the coach by the media, no more BS, no more Valdano looking over the coach's shoulder, no more stupid trillion dollar transfers (I believe so even though I recognize Mourinho's reputation). Good to see those changes.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If I was naive and perhaps 5 years younger, I'd be jumping in joy abotu this structure, thinking it is fantastic news. At 23, I am cynical but I hope this does change things at the club for the MUCH better.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If I was naive and perhaps 5 years younger, I'd be jumping in joy abotu this structure, thinking it is fantastic news. At 23, I am cynical but I hope this does change things at the club for the MUCH better.

Well it will certainly make the club more in the reflection of Jose Mourinho; aka a huge cunt, but one that wins I guess.

It's going to be hilarious in a few years when Mourinho bolts to take the Portuguese National Team job though. Madrid will win some trophies before that (maybe even some real ones!), but I wonder what will be left when Mourinho returns the keys to the castle. It's almost a shame to see Madrid resorting to the same identity as Chelsea.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well it will certainly make the club more in the reflection of Jose Mourinho; aka a huge cunt, but one that wins I guess.

It's going to be hilarious in a few years when Mourinho bolts to take the Portuguese National Team job though. Madrid will win some trophies before that (maybe even some real ones!), but I wonder what will be left when Mourinho returns the keys to the castle. It's almost a shame to see Madrid resorting to the same identity as Chelsea.

Shame as in its good for Madrid or bad for the overall competition in La Liga?

If he moves on but leaves the club in a health state it doesn't quite matter as long as his replacement isn't someone like Schuster, who took two years to dismantle all of Capello's work. Mourinho taking control like that is not a shame, it is pretty much what Capello did before him except he had to go through another Valdano in Mijatovic who was even worse to deal with. But Capello didn't mind, all he cared for was football. He didn't even care who was coming in.

The club has gone from having no identity, to relying on Come Back Kings, to zero Youth players, to now being in shambles struggling to deal with the fact that Barcelona have hit their absolute best ever. And you know how obsessed we get when you do well.

Here are the positives from this to me. Mourinho does not need to be there all the time because the players are truly magnificent and extremely talented. He isn't dealing with a 19 year old Mario Balotelli who needed to guide him like a remote control. Every match Mourinho was not there, Karanka led the team as if it was his and I believe we won all the matches under him. He spoke to the media and he spoke well, sometimes all too well. If I did not see the pictures I would have thought it was Mourinho talking (with the exact same amount of shit). Mourinho's assistants are very good, he has one hell of a staff so his presense, which Spain cannot digest is reduced and therefore the ultimate problem has been removed. With Zidane charming players into confidence, Karanka doing the dirty work and Toril pushing life back to Castilla, he has a good supporting group that will help him steer the ship, the size of the Titanic, into the right direction, hopefully away from an ice berg this time.

Anything comes out of Mourinho's mouth will be exaggerated ten folds, he made it that way and he is taking it away. Good on him I think. Mourinho is getting older, wiser, more experienced and while his charisma, energy and confidence/arrogance has taken him far, he will need to rely on more than just 'us vs the world' and experienced players as he did with Chelsea and Inter. He is playing more youngsters, as he ages he sees how he can use them. Taking control of the Castilla will mean he will adjust it so it serves the needs of the first team, not La Liga. We do have the best youth system in the world, just not for Real Madrid.

jamrock

at once great club, called madrid, would normally sack their manager, after they were more are less humiliated in the league, by their arch rivals and got booted out the of CL by them.

thats what a great club name Real Madrid would have once done

But this club, who is not deserving of the name Real Madrid, rewards failure, by giving Jose a even more important role in the club.

All Hail Jose, the man who made real kneel

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
at once great club, called madrid, would normally sack their manager, after they were more are less humiliated in the league, by their arch rivals and got booted out the of CL by them.

thats what a great club name Real Madrid would have once done

But this club, who is not deserving of the name Real Madrid, rewards failure, by giving Jose a even more important role in the club.

All Hail Jose, the man who made real kneel

:worthy: jammo....the man rarely speaks but when he does he hits the nail on the head

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
The club understands that we would have been in the CL final with a decent referee. Excellent move in giving the man more power.

jamrock

The club understands that we would have been in the CL final with a decent referee. Excellent move in giving the man more power.

really, how so, did you great more chances with 11 men on the field, were you the better team

its amazing how jose, goes to club after club and transform even their fans to his form of thinking.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
really, how so, did you great more chances with 11 men on the field, were you the better team
do you need to be the better team to go through? I thought not. We controlled the game until the red card and we scored a perfectly valid goal in the second leg that was disallowed for no reason at all.

jamrock

No, but it would have been a better arguement for you and jose to make if madrid were the better team.

anyone can say, we had them exactly where we wanted them, we were in control, horse crap, the easiest thing to say, ask wenger.

Chainsaw

Killahead
With a decent refree Real had to end up every match with 2,3 players sent off not just one! Let aside not getting rewared that penalty that Marcelo got by diving.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
do you need to be the better team to go through? I thought not. We controlled the game until the red card and we scored a perfectly valid goal in the second leg that was disallowed for no reason at all.

I really dont like to say anything bad about people, but I rarely see a post when you are not complaining or crying about something. Nothing is ever the fault of your team, but that of the refs for some other excuse. Your like "Captain Negative" or something. Right after the match I can understand some pissing and complaing but you take the cake brother.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It's not 1970 anymore. Mourinho's 3rd class psychological games won't work as much as he wishes. Almost every single respected and well known international coach and football protagonist blasted him and his tactics/antics against Barcelona. The only people who buy his shit are just narrow mind spoilt losers haters with no life whatsoever. Anyone who don't notice it was Real's plan to play like that on and off the pitch needs to check their eyes and brains out!

Enough said.

Home of Barca Fans