Ivan De la Peña

Ocelot

Retired from football this week

ivan1buena.jpg

Used to really like him, always performed very good against us. Can't really remember his days with Ronaldo but apparently he was good.
I believe he created 2 assists in 2007 Barca vs Espanyol costing us the league

impeh

Hi, its me..
ah i remember that match :(

also dont remember him when he played for us, but was good for espanyol and will be missed.

Barcilliant

I remember him from the Van Gaal days. He was inconsistent-sometimes his mind just wasnt there. Had talent but somehow lacked that intangible factor that makes a very good or great player. Gotta remember that Barca were in a constant state of flux at that time also. There was no stability and we were making some really shitty signings. We were basically chasing instant success all the time-with mixed results. This instability affected some players. I believe De La Pena was one.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Great talent at the wrong place at the wrong time. One of the big what ifs.

Will be sad to see him go, makes me feel old.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

When De la Pena was coming up there was more hype then with Ronaldinho and Messi combined. Little Buddha they called him.
Even in Croatia they used to call the shaved head as "De la Penjica". And this is back when there was no internet and barely any Barca coverage. Tells you much how popular he was as a kid.

o_f_c_barcelona_historicos-295388.jpg

Home of Barca Fans