Arturo Vidal

Riordon

Again, a lot of us were complaining when we got him. Good job by the board. I hope he can gives us two seasons of this play.

Barcilliant

Incredible how there are still people out there who don't rate him and can't see what he adds to the team. He adds tons of garra and that alone is worth millions. Fantastic player with an even more fantastic attitude. Such a shame that we did not buy him when he left Leverkusen. He was twice as good in previous years.

If we had a Vidal in each part of the field (defense, midfield and attack) there would never be any attitude problems on the field and catastrophic events like the Roma game would have been unthinkable.

Just shows how important leadership is on the field and players who are not afraid to show the light mentality wise that other players can copy or get inspired by on the pitch. Hard not to like such players.

Vidal helping Dembélé get more integrated into the squad and being somewhat of a father-like figure for him cannot be underestimated either. He does not get enough of praise so far.

This should be printed out and framed. Excellent post.

Always loved Vidal as a player especially at Juve. He gives 110%.

Leo_Messi

This should be printed out and framed. Excellent post.

Always loved Vidal as a player especially at Juve. He gives 110%.

He is in the same mold as Puyol and such players are my favorite type of players mentality wise. I want to see players fighting for the shirt no matter how the team performs or they perform themselves. Puyol could have occasional off-days but you were never in doubt about his commitment or body language.

If Messi was less of an introvert and more like that on the football pitch, the thought of such a player alone is scary and that is coming from a person who considers him the GOAT already.

I can also identify with such type of players but that is another discussion and irrelevant here but I do love such players indeed.:lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I also remember him being one of the best penalty takers, although I don't see Messi and co giving that duty up

EdmondDantes

Off the ball Vidal was off the charts yet again. 10/10 for me.

On it I'd give him a 5/10. Which is just not his game. Not comfortable being pressed, and a few misplaced passes when he was under very little pressure. But that's the type of player he is. A better Paulinho, who works hard and ghosts into the box and typically finishes well. It means we have to use him well, which in fairness to Valverde, he is doing.

I love his leadership skills on the pitch, when Coutinho was visibly depressed and having an awful game last week, Vidal was the one cheering him on and telling him to keep his chin up and keep going, and now he's finding form again. Well done Arturo.

Antigun

Again, a lot of us were complaining when we got him. Good job by the board. I hope he can gives us two seasons of this play.

Blame it on the Arda effect. We paid for warrior Arda, but we got a wuss Arda instead.

And Arturo came with the reputation of a warrior as well. I am glad Arturo ain't no Arda.

serghei

Doesn't look to me that much past his prime. Hunger is still very much there, dedication is 100%, and physically he's a specimen. Fine player right now and among the best box to box mids in the world.

Such a good transfer. This is the kind of 30 year olders you want to sign. Top class players who still know they have something to prove and titles to win despite their age.

Havesaks

I also remember him being one of the best penalty takers, although I don't see Messi and co giving that duty up

Vidal scores 85 % of his penalties - better statistic then Messi, and i would rather see Vidal take a penalty in a high pressure game in the chl finals then Messi. Then again, Messi has matured quiet a lot since the big Chelsea penalty miss i 2012.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Vidal scores 85 % of his penalties - better statistic then Messi, and i would rather see Vidal take a penalty in a high pressure game in the chl finals then Messi. Then again, Messi has matured quiet a lot since the big Chelsea penalty miss i 2012.

Vidal's signature is burying it into the top of the net with power, its extremely hard to stop even if you get a hand on it

soul24rage

idk man about Vidal taking high pressure penalties as he missed vs RM in 16/17 CL semi and the Copa America 2016 final. If I had to choose, I would like Rakitic to take it. The way he took his penalties in the WC 18, I just knew that he would score. Ice cold. Even then, I would still be confident if Messi stepped up as he scored in all but one of his penalty shootouts in the major international competitions and scored all his penalties vs RM.

Home of Barca Fans