Arturo Vidal

Andresito

Staff member
should start ahead of rakitic next games and you know it

r

BBZ8800

Coutinho played AM in a 4-3-3 many times at Liverpool under 2 managers, partnered with two lucrative physical midfielders next to him (Gerrard, Henderson, Milner).

All teams in the world have physical midfielders paired with someone like Coutinho.

You guys can't have Arthur-Coutinho.
You can have Raki-Vidal, Raki-Arthur, Raki-Vidal.

Coutinho could play with Raki/Vidal and Busi.
Or with Raki and Vidal, Arthur and Busi benched.

Even De Jong plays with 2 physical guys in NT team.
Yet, people here want DeJong, Arthur, Cou/Puig and other crazy lineups.

Regarding Vidal, he is nice.
3 out if Vidal, Raki, Arthur, Busi in midfield and 3 attackers upfront doesn't look as bad anymore.

I would like to see one match without Busi with Raki, Vidal, Arthur trio.

soul24rage

my CL lineup would be

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet/Umtiti, Alba---Vidal, Busi/Rakitic, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Dembele/Coutinho

BBZ8800

my CL lineup would be

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet/Umtiti, Alba---Vidal, Busi/Rakitic, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Dembele/Coutinho

I am against Semedo usually, but I would like to see the most defensive and fighting Barca in a CL knockout away matches.
Semedo, Vidal, probably Rakitic and Busi. And then go all in with Dembele-Suarez-Messi and hope that we will score 1-2 and concede 0.

Maybe we would avoid 0:3 defeat for once.

Barcilliant

Thing with Vidal is that he is technical too. He can pass and score goals, on top of being a physical beast. Man started under Guardiola at Bayern. No player who is not up to par technically starts under Pep.

Being a starter for Guardiola is pretty much every proof we need to see that he can hold his own in multiple scenarios. Very well rounded player imo and should be as much of a starter as anyone in midfield.

In almost every game Vidal played he was among the best on the pitch. That says a lot. Doesn't need any adaptation period because the man has a warrior mentality and that is needed everywhere, at every team. Needed that in the team.

Much superior player to Paulinho.
Someone gets it!
Well said!

Barcilliant

Name ONE player in the Barca squad that can match Vidal's intensity and engine????
Just give me one.

People talk alot about replacing Xavi and Iniesta but IMO Puyol was the player who was instrumental in our success. He had that drive, intensity and leadership which we missed in all the miserable qf cl exit.
Vidal brings those qualities.

He should be a starter with Rakitic, Arthur and Coutinho being rotated.

Leo_Messi

Say what you want about the rumored transfer fee and wages but I am happy that we have a player of Vidal's characteristics and warrior-like mentality (on the field). It was a much needed addition to our otherwise static and at times apathetic midfield.

I also like his behavior after the initial controversy related to his lack of playing time and his complains on social media. Or the fact that he seems to have taken a somewhat father-like role towards Dembélé.

Or maybe the most important part; his performances on the field. He has been one of our better performers (if not the best midfielder) in recent games. Great to see.

I have no doubt that he will play an important role in the CL knockout stage, especially away from home. Hopefully he will be able to keep his calm and not get sent off.

I think that he has at least 1.5 good years left in the tank. Considering the rather affordable transfer fee, this transfer might end up as a rather good one.

It's also worth noticing that he is yet to win a CL despite playing for the likes of Juve and Bayern for years. This desire to win the CL might come in handy down the road or during clutch moments when the differences will be small and top-motivated players and the extra edge will triumph. Just like Henry's contributions during the 2008-2009 season where he won his first CL title. Ironically Henry was just as old as Vidal is currently (31). Let us hope that we will witness a repeat of that season.

Last edited:

clemente

Still in CL knockouts it will be Busquets/Rakitic over him, and when EV leaves he will be older, so all this hype of him being so perfect will very likely not be used to bring any results.

Total-Football

Honestly, though neither better than rakitic nor buskets as a player, he deserves to start ahead one of them. a better player doesnt mean a better performer. as the way stands now, though people pick on rakitic, i would start him over buskets instead. thats impossible though.

jamrock

First of all Vidal is a better players than rakitic, that's been the case throughout third careers.

Secondly, people need to chill on this busquets shouldn't start talk

Home of Barca Fans