Arturo Vidal

FCB1987

Banned
The problem isn't a lack of enforcer, it's players who can't/don't run (Busquets, Pique, Suarez, old Iniesta, sometimes Messi). Getting a washed up injuriy prone 31 year old won't fix that.

Am enforcer doesn't stop us from being unable to handle a press, getting overrun, or not being able to break down a bus.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The problem isn't a lack of enforcer, it's players who can't/don't run (Busquets, Pique, Suarez, old Iniesta, sometimes Messi). Getting a washed up injuriy prone 31 year old won't fix that.

Am enforcer doesn't stop us from being unable to handle a press, getting overrun, or not being able to break down a bus.

Yes, you're right. However Valverde and the board lack the guts to fast track the younger players so we're stuck betwea rock and a hard place.

I'm pretty sure that if Vidal adapts he will be crucial in the Cl. Our midfield and Busquets, Roberto have been glaring weaknesses. Not only are they slow but they're weak too. In Cl Busquets gets out muscled and out paced so easily. He's so slow and weak even when he tries to foul the opposition he's ineffective.

clemente

Yes, you're right. However Valverde and the board lack the guts to fast track the younger players so we're stuck betwea rock and a hard place.

I'm pretty sure that if Vidal adapts he will be crucial in the Cl. Our midfield and Busquets, Roberto have been glaring weaknesses. Not only are they slow but they're weak too. In Cl Busquets gets out muscled and out paced so easily. He's so slow and weak even when he tries to foul the opposition he's ineffective.

Can you show me where Busquets got outmuscled?

God Serena

Busquets may be slow as a snail but I can't recall any major instances of him getting outmuscled. Like, at all. Once he has the ball getting it away from his is always so difficult, he shields it spectacularly even in his slump of form. The main problem is everyone else who plays in our midfield does get pushed around quite a bit.

Vilarrubi

Busquets may be slow as a snail but I can't recall any major instances of him getting outmuscled. Like, at all. Once he has the ball getting it away from his is always so difficult, he shields it spectacularly even in his slump of form. The main problem is everyone else who plays in our midfield does get pushed around quite a bit.

+1 it’s more on the counter if he gets exposed with anything.... he RARELY gets outmuscled he’s too smart on the ball for that.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arturo Vidal has left the Chile training camp. He complained of knee discomfort. He will not play in the friendly against Japan. [<a href="https://twitter.com/ActualiteBarca?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ActualiteBarca</a>]</p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1037307818314002433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Slevinn

Why is he still playing for Chile.....

He really shoulden’t be playing for them anymore given his age and injuries.
This also means he will not be available for our next pre-season (maybe we won’t care too much by then)

Home of Barca Fans