Arturo Vidal

pregra

Our 2nd best player behind Leo. At least he gives a shit and has fire in him. Didn’t look as slow in possession as he normally is either.

gregorrin10

Surely will be sold with Setien in.

Hopefully by the end of January already, since Inter are heavily interested right now (they even came out and said Vidal is their main target this month) and we should take advantage of that. Get that 20M investment back and be done with it. And even though we did see physically imposing players thrive under Setien in the past, like W. Carvalho, I still imagine Vidal will simply be much too technically weak for Setien(Carvalho is technically a lot better than Vidal) to have any meaningful playing time, I certainly don't see him having more minutes than he did with Valverde, and as he wanted to leave in those circumstances, I don't see how it could get better now. Setien loves Busquets, while there's no way he'll want someone as technically weak and limited as Vidal as one of his CMs.

Alena already gone on loan can work in his favour though, but with Arthur hopefully returning to full fitness imminently, and possibly/hopefully Puig getting regular call ups to the first team, I still think we can afford to let go at least one of Rakitic or Vidal in January already. With the other one hopefully to follow in the summer, when Alena gets back, and possibly us even going for a new signing too, like Fabian, who was a strong candidate before already, but now with Setien at the helm and Napoli having a shit season the possibility of him leaving and us going for him only increase.

And although I do wish Rakitic would be the one to go before Vidal, I don't see it happening with no one interested in him right now, while Vidal having this strong of an interest in him, even if it is from those Inter cheapskates. I just hope we don't settle for some shitty loan again, out of which they can pull out again, like they did with Rafinha. Sell him now, get the money and be done with it. If they're ready to pay 20M for Eriksen to get him this month, although I hear they're actually offering only 10M to Spurs as of right now :lol:, while Spurs want 20M, which is still such a bargain for a player of Eriksen's calibre (just take it and run!) but Inter are just that cheap, they even wanted us to sell them Vidal for only 12M. Although to be fair, the situation there is a little different, since they know they can get Eriksen for free in less than 6 months, because it's clear that he's leaving Tottenham, either in January or at the end of the season, but still, 20M for Eriksen is chump change, come on.

Anyway, they'll probably still do it and pay the 20M now (instead of risk losing him in the summer, if a higher profile club comes in by then and offers Eriksen a better deal, cause we all know Inter isn't Eriksen's first choice). And if they can cough up that 20M for Eriksen, they can do the same for Vidal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Oddly enough, with Suarez injured a protagonist is needed on the pitch and Vidal does tick that box. We'll see if Setien agrees

Ascom

Apparently Sétien wants him to stay. let's see how much he will play.
Vidal is versatile, Guardiola signed him for Bayern after all and played 47 games. He can be very useful.

serghei

You can easily see that this guy is the only legit box to box midfielder we have. Only one who is a serious goal threat from midfield.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His passing may not be up to what we need, but this guy is very useful for our team... Maybe not a starter, but his defensive contribution and his offensive presence are valuable assets...

Home of Barca Fans